X64 Problem!

Support and feedback for UniUploader
UniUploader requires microsoft .net runtimes!

X64 Problem!

Postby BreeOge » Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:50 am

Ok. I did do a search and never found anything on this.. When I go to Upload manualy it says "Please click Browse to select the SV file. the SV file is usually in DRIVE:\PROGRAM FILES\WORLD OF WARCRAFT\WTF\
ACCOUNT\ACCOUNTNAME\" The problem is mine is in Program Files (x86) and no browse button anywhere in sight!

Thanks for any help on this.
BreeOge
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

X64 Problem!

Postby tuigii » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:19 pm

Small screen image picture to illustrate this, please ?!
tuigii
WR.net Master
WR.net Master

Re: X64 Problem!

Postby BreeOge » Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:14 am

Dont have a pic of it.. However I am reloading wow into the x64 bit Program Folder since it just says Program Files instead of Program Files (x32). I am hoping that this fixes my problem and I have no problems with WoW being ran in the 64 bit program!
BreeOge
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

X64 Problem!

Postby tuigii » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:07 pm

I don't get it.

What do you mean by 'X64' and 'X32' ?
Can you give details your OS please ?

Anyway, any consumer OS is able to browse the net, and do things like 'loading files' and 'sending files'. If not, just stay away from it, live is already to difficult ;-)

Any, to assure you, a 64 bit Linux version on a 'real' 64 bit processor just works. I'm using it to post this message.
tuigii
WR.net Master
WR.net Master

Postby BreeOge » Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:09 am

I have windows Vista X64 With the UAC turned the heck off! On windows Vista X64 it makes two program files directories. One that is the normal Program Files and another that says Program Files (x32). All programs you install that are 32 bit move to this folder. All programs that are 64 bit move to the normal Program Files directory, and well WoW is a 32 bit program.

Uniuploder looks for the SV files in the Program Files directory, not under the Program Files (x32) directory. When you get the error even though it says brows no browse button was there to click to browse to the files. I know Uniuploder has the option to check for the SV's in other directories if the UAC is turned on. However this is a 64 problem all together, nothing to do with the UAC.
BreeOge
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby AnthonyB » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:23 pm

Sounds like UU needs to

1. Check OS ver, IF x64 THEN
2. Use ProgramFiles(x86) variable instead of ProgramFiles to find the correct path for a 32-bit app.
Roster 2.0.2 svn [latest] latest trunk SVN svn [latest] running on IIS7/Windows Server 2008 SP2 | MySQL 5.0.85 | PHP 5.2.10 | Yes, Roster and PHP rocks on IIS! Even run as FastCGI extension!
AnthonyB
Gimpy Developer
Gimpy Developer

X64 Problem!

Postby ScratchMonkey » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:05 pm

WoW installs a registry entry saying where it was installed. Use that first. Only if not found should you fall back to hard-coded paths. Even then, use the KNOWNFOLDERID API:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb762584(VS.85).aspx
Last edited by ScratchMonkey on Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ScratchMonkey
WR.net Expert
WR.net Expert

X64 Problem!

Postby Harshmage » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:03 pm

I believe I have a similar issue with Windows XP Pro x64. UU asks on startup where WoW.exe is, and will not allow me to check the "auto-detect WoW" box.
Once it finds WoW, it's fine. SVs and Addons install properly, but a bit of x64 love would be very, very nice.

Yes, I'm a gravedigger.
Ho, Haha, Guard, Turn, Parry, Dodge, Spin, Ha, Thrust!
Harshmage
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

X64 Problem!

Postby ScratchMonkey » Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:49 pm

The problem has nothing to do with whether it's in Program Files or Program Files (x86). It has to do with the registry entry written by the Blizzard installation program. Look in your registry here:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Blizzard Entertainment\World of Warcraft

There should be a string value named InstallPath and its value should be the full path to wow.exe (ie. the directory it's in).

If you copied WoW from another machine, this registery entry won't be set up, so you'll have to tell UniUploader where you installed WoW, using the "Find WoW.exe" button.
ScratchMonkey
WR.net Expert
WR.net Expert

Postby Harshmage » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:26 am

ScratchMonkey wrote:The problem has nothing to do with whether it's in Program Files or Program Files (x86). It has to do with the registry entry written by the Blizzard installation program. Look in your registry here:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Blizzard Entertainment\World of Warcraft

There should be a string value named InstallPath and its value should be the full path to wow.exe (ie. the directory it's in).

If you copied WoW from another machine, this registery entry won't be set up, so you'll have to tell UniUploader where you installed WoW, using the "Find WoW.exe" button.

That did fix it. I copied WoW from my previous machine, so the installation reg entries were non-existent. But I figure now, sharing the proper x64 entry with the rest of the world would be helpful:
Code: Select all
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Blizzard Entertainment\World of Warcraft]
"InstallPath"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\World of Warcraft"
"GamePath"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\World of Warcraft\\Launcher.exe"
"UninstallPath"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Common Files\\Blizzard Entertainment\\World of Warcraft\\Uninstall.exe"

C&P into Notepad, save as .reg, Unicode, and import into the Registry. Should solve the "Find WoW.exe" issue.
Ho, Haha, Guard, Turn, Parry, Dodge, Spin, Ha, Thrust!
Harshmage
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Return to UniUploader