Does this work with GEM?

View planned events from the WoW AddOn GroupCalendar

Moderator: Ulminia

Re: Does this work with GEM?

Postby hades200082 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:30 pm

Any chance of a download link for that roster addon for GEM3?
hades200082
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby tuigii » Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:47 pm

Humm.

You're right !!

Thake this one : I wrote it (and maintain it for myself) - it works with GEM3 (latest).
If you use UniUpLoader, lucky you, updating will be done automatically.

If you have any remarks, or edits, name them ^^

For historical reasons, the dir name is EventCalendar.

It has an admin config panel - (didn't even look if the enUS is up to date, you tell me :P )

Event
EventCalendar.zip
Addon for WoWRoster 2.0.2 - GEM3 support
(170.14 KiB) Downloaded 344 times
tuigii
WR.net Master
WR.net Master

Postby hades200082 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:18 pm

Will this be added to this site? Kept up to date with new versions of GEM etc?

Also... do you know anything about the UniUploader functionality to have it download LUA and put it into a specified file?

If so could you make it so that data could be syncronized in 2 directions?
hades200082
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby tuigii » Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:17 am

Well, its a temp addon, the real stuff can be found here : http://www.wowgem.fr/gemphp.html

It (my addon) somewhat show all the usefull info, and Uni will sync it well - but, keep in mind : to the roster, not back.
So, the roster (the addon) contains read-only info.

We use it in our roster all the time, just to keep members posted. Our Offs all use Uni (update class = 0/1/2, 0 = MG), so the updates are frequently = look at bottom here : http://www.papy-team.fr/roster/index.ph ... :217&log=1

hades200082 wrote:If so could you make it so that data could be syncronized in 2 directions?

This is the hard job : resolving conflict, data securing, etc. the guys that wrote GEM will need time to finish the stuff, and even then and don't think the tool will be good for everynody.
Syncing in a network is always a heavy thing to do .... UniUpLoader as we know it now won't do the job.
tuigii
WR.net Master
WR.net Master

Postby hades200082 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:22 pm

Thankyou very much Tuigii.

I've installed your version and here are a few notes for you :

1. Had to edit button name and addon name in database manually as they were set strangely after the install.

2. The RosterCP config for the addon has no descriptive text for the config options (at least in english.. haven't tried french). where would I add this?

3. The lanuage seems to be hard-coded to french in the index.php file... if I remove this will it fall back to whatever my roster setting is? (Atm I just changed it to en_US and it works)

Edit: I found the issue with #2 ... the /locale/en_US.php file refers to the text as EventCalendar_<Whatever> and it should be WoWGem_<Whatever>.
Edit2: #3 Removing the explicit setLocale command falls back to roster language setting.
hades200082
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Ulminia » Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:23 pm

groupcalendar .. i forgot i made this addon .. well edited teh standalone site to work with the roster ial be resuming this addon soon and try and readd the GEM support back into it ... but this will only be after i have finished armory sync...
Ulminia of Zangarmarsh
Zonous of Zangarmarsh
Author of Roster Gallery
WoWRoster-Profiler Redesigner
Ulminia
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

Realm: Zangarmarsh (PvE) - US
gmail/gtalk: ulminia@gmail.com

Postby zanix » Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:31 pm

tuigii wrote:Syncing in a network is always a heavy thing to do .... UniUpLoader as we know it now won't do the job.

UniUploader does support 2-way synchronization of data
MediaWiki/UniUploader:Advanced#Website_.3D.3D.3E_WoW
Although, you can only set one file for the 2-way sync

Roster's luaclass also support building of an lua file, just pass it a multi-level php array

With this in mind, someone could possibly write an addon (or extend and addon) that supports this
Read the Forum Rules, the WiKi, and Search before posting!
WoWRoster v2.1 - SigGen v0.3.3.523 - WoWRosterDF
zanix
Admin
Admin
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Realm: Doomhammer (PvE) - US

Postby tuigii » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:22 pm

zanix wrote:
tuigii wrote:Syncing in a network is always a heavy thing to do .... UniUpLoader as we know it now won't do the job.

UniUploader does support 2-way synchronization of data

I stand corrected.
UniUpLoader -> Advanced (page) -> Check Website-==> WoW (and setup)

I should correct my phrasing. The subject isn't UniUpLoader here, but the fact that the gemphp software isn't ready - so, there is nothing to import ... yet.
Btw : look at this French site, the posts are in English : Showing GEM3 Events outside IG

The day gemphp is ready for RC, I'll adapt Uni - if needed - so that it will do the job.
Some tool is needed, because people dropping lua file on their disks - often not even knowing where - could create a huge mess.
tuigii
WR.net Master
WR.net Master

Postby Movix » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:23 pm

before starting new developement, the GEM team developed an API for websync.
It allows to synchronize in both directions and is uniuploader compatible
the actual stand alone interface is more functional and build to test the api than a master work of design.

the api is build to allow plugins for authentification to multiple systems, this work should be done to integrate ist properly in the roster
also there is a link creation function used to generate all links used in the interface in order to allow integration in a CMS or system like the roster

We have to finish the installation script and clean up a bit the code before releasing a beta.

i also made a dragonfly port if some of you are interested, it will be part of the beta release.

find a preview here
and documentation for the use with UniUploader http://www.wowgem.fr/index.php?name=gemphp&file=help
Movix
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby tuigii » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:32 pm

hades200082 wrote:1. Had to edit button name and addon name in database manually as they were set strangely after the install.

Explain ?

hades200082 wrote:2. The RosterCP config for the addon has no descriptive text for the config options (at least in english.. haven't tried french). where would I add this?
- solved by you - did the edits for me also.

hades200082 wrote:3. The lanuage seems to be hard-coded to french in the index.php file... if I remove this will it fall back to whatever my roster setting is? (Atm I just changed it to en_US and it works)
I know, I use some time functions, and they default to English on my host (using a French site).
I should code the setlocale with the roster language in mind - will do so - You can just remove the setlocale().

hades200082 wrote:Edit: I found the issue with #2 ... the /locale/en_US.php file refers to the text as EventCalendar_<Whatever> and it should be WoWGem_<Whatever>.
Edit2: #3 Removing the explicit setLocale command falls back to roster language setting.

#2 - that's it.
#3 - I'll recode.

Note that you can find lines in the code that try to show the icons of an instance if it finds the name, like Naxxaramas etc.
I never finished it, couldn't find the good images of every instance (I hate the graphical part of coding ^^)

edit : Thanks, Movix (one of the authors of GEM3) for your details.....
tuigii
WR.net Master
WR.net Master

Postby zanix » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:46 pm

Movix wrote:before starting new developement, the GEM team developed an API for websync.
It allows to synchronize in both directions and is uniuploader compatible
the actual stand alone interface is more functional and build to test the api than a master work of design.

the api is build to allow plugins for authentification to multiple systems, this work should be done to integrate ist properly in the roster
also there is a link creation function used to generate all links used in the interface in order to allow integration in a CMS or system like the roster

We have to finish the installation script and clean up a bit the code before releasing a beta.

i also made a dragonfly port if some of you are interested, it will be part of the beta release.

find a preview here
and documentation for the use with UniUploader http://www.wowgem.fr/index.php?name=gemphp&file=help

Very nice!
zanix
Admin
Admin
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Postby hades200082 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:16 am

I am an avid follower of the GEM WebSync system and am eagerly awaiting it's release.

I suspect when it is released I will likely be turning it into a Joomla module for my site.

I am very much looking forward to the Web->Game part, though I'm not sure how I'm going to handle signups on the site yet since my web-roster doesn't have individual logins at the moment to enable me to set the upload username/password via our uniadmin.

This is important as my guildies are ... impared ... when it comes to installing UU :P
hades200082
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby hades200082 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:30 am

tuigii wrote:
hades200082 wrote:1. Had to edit button name and addon name in database manually as they were set strangely after the install.

Explain ?

#1 was caused by the locale en_US file having incorrect array keys and is also fixed.
hades200082
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby tuigii » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:10 pm

hades200082 wrote:.... and is also fixed.

Great : self modifying code - love it :check:

@ Zanix : try to find yourself a friend IG, and fire up GEM3 both.
Enter both the same channel info, and try it out.

You will be amazed - promised.
tuigii
WR.net Master
WR.net Master

Postby zanix » Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:49 pm

hades200082 wrote:I am an avid follower of the GEM WebSync system and am eagerly awaiting it's release.

I suspect when it is released I will likely be turning it into a Joomla module for my site.

I am very much looking forward to the Web->Game part, though I'm not sure how I'm going to handle signups on the site yet since my web-roster doesn't have individual logins at the moment to enable me to set the upload username/password via our uniadmin.

This is important as my guildies are ... impared ... when it comes to installing UU :P

Take a look at the accounts addon mdeshane is working on, it's user auth for Roster
zanix
Admin
Admin
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

PreviousNext

Return to Group Calendar