Dragonfly CMS

Use phpBB to authenticate users in Roster

Moderator: Munazz

Dragonfly CMS

Postby j0ystick » Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:27 pm

Does anybody already modded it to work with DragonflyCMS?
I know i could use WowrosterDF, but i need to keep it separated.

It shouldn't be rocket science, but i don't want to reinvent the wheel :)
Last edited by j0ystick on Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
j0ystick
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Dragonfly CMS

Postby Anaxent » Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:05 am

Roster really has not been modded to work seperatelly and im really not too sure if it could due to the db layer difference. WoWRosterDF unfortanatlly has not been updated with the new release code due to me slaking off(alot). I do plan on making an update package of the current release code sometime soon though.

Could you give me a bit more info on what you are really trying to accomplish cuz I was just thinking there should be away to still use the df version of roster and not include Df's themed header/footer whcih should allow the same look and feel of roster as it is now, but this is something I have yet to attempt.
Anaxent
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team

Re: Dragonfly CMS

Postby j0ystick » Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:38 pm

Thanks for the quick answer! :)
I was referring just to the phpbb login roster addon. I just needed a mod to fetch auth information from dragonfly. This means i can keep using Roster 2.0.1, but authenticate users against the user/group tables from phpbb/df.

Plugins like PhpbbSync, work like a charm, but i know, user groups and auth are a different thing..

Basically what i try to accomplish is to use roster 2.0.1 standalone version, due to compatibility with addons, but i need it to check usernames and passwords against phpbb user and groups in df :)
j0ystick
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Return to phpBB Login