Madeby - PROFESSION.list.php update for WOTLK

Guild listing of known recipes

Moderator: ds

Postby filunar » Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:41 pm

Hi

I am trying to find a solution in order to update the PROFESSION.list.php ( ie : alchemy.list.php ) and PROFESSION.php ( ie : alchemy.php ) to update madeby with these information and allow madeby to be fully functional for WOTLK.

Is there a simple way to export these data because it's quite long to do it manually.

I have started to work manually on alchemy.lis.php but it's quite long , if you have any idea to populate these file based on an export ( in csv for example ) from a database ( wowhead or wowdb for example ) it could be great.

So any suggestion could be appreciate i don't know at the moment how to extract these information

Many thanks

Regards
Last edited by filunar on Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
filunar
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

PROFESSION.list.php update for WOTLK

Postby Teta68 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:52 pm

Hi,

If you look at the missing recipe addon, you can see how it extracts all the recipes from the allakhzam webpages and then uses regular expressions to extract the useful information.
Feel free to borrow from that to have a solution working for you.

Cheers,

Teta
I break for giant Cyber-Hamsters.
Teta68
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

PROFESSION.list.php update for WOTLK

Postby filunar » Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:48 pm

Hi Teta

I have already thouht to that but the only problem is most of the Grand Master pages of allhakazam are not fully translated/functionnal in french

As you can see here for example http://wow.allakhazam.com/db/skill.html ... ocale=frFR

But I have taken this kind of working to get the information from wowhead , I have just started to work on this because I haven't got the time during the last weeks.

But thanks for your answer ;)

Filu
filunar
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Re: PROFESSION.list.php update for WOTLK

Postby filunar » Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:28 pm

Hi

I have finished the update for French localization and US localization for the receipe of WOTLK GrandMaster for madeby. The only field which is not populate is the "Source" detail because it's too hard to extract it from wowhead web page.

If someone need it to update their madeby addon feel free to use it , but keep in mind it's a fan update not an official update , but it allow to have a fully functionnal madeby addon for WOTLK ( BC receipe are not included ) .

I have extract these directly from wowhead through a php program i wrote which make http get request ( throuh curl ) to wowhead and insert in a mysql DB , so most of the information are exactly what wowhead have in their DB except for the type field which has been populate manually .

I attached the Updates file in 3 zip archive :

- One for profession.php FR ( extract it under /Roster/addons/madeby/inc/recipe_to_en/frFR/ )
- One for profession.php US ( extract it under /Roster/addons/madeby/inc/recipe_to_en/enUS/ )
- One for profession.list.php ( extract it under /Roster/addons/madeby/inc/recipe_list/ )

if someone need the mysql dump of the database I use to realize this don't hesitate to contact me.

if you noticed some error tell me and i will try to correct this.

Regards

Filunar

ps : you need to be logged in to be able to download the files
Attachments
profession.list.rar
extract it under /Roster/addons/madeby/inc/recipe_list/
(50.03 KiB) Downloaded 354 times
profession.enus.rar
extract it under /Roster/addons/madeby/inc/recipe_to_en/enUS/
(29.86 KiB) Downloaded 345 times
profession.frfr.rar
extract it under /Roster/addons/madeby/inc/recipe_to_en/frFR/
(40.9 KiB) Downloaded 342 times
Last edited by filunar on Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
filunar
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby zanix » Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:41 am

Nice work!
Read the Forum Rules, the WiKi, and Search before posting!
WoWRoster v2.1 - SigGen v0.3.3.523 - WoWRosterDF
zanix
Admin
Admin
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Realm: Doomhammer (PvE) - US

Re: Madeby - PROFESSION.list.php update for WOTLK

Postby filunar » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:44 pm

Hi

I haven't got any feedback if my update works correctly for other people ( EN and FR ) , but I assume that is the case .

If you are interessed i will update the list with the new receipe planned for the 3.1 patch.

Regards

Filu
filunar
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Return to Made By