Can Existing WoWRoster & phpBB3 be used w/Dragonfly?

Dragonfly integration forum

Postby thorswitch » Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:17 pm

I recently installed WoWRoster and phpBB3 for our new guild site, and looking at the information for Dragonfly, it looks like something that would really enhance the site. I see that it has a phpBB3 package and that there's a WoWRosterDF version, but I'm wondering if it is possible to install DragonFly and have it connect to the phpBB3 and WoWRoster that are already installed?

Of course, the tricky part is that I'm a complete novice at PhP, so I'm not very comfortable going in and messing with code myself - though if I'm given the code I need to add or modify and CLEAR directions as to where it goes, I can generally handle that :) (for example, if you say "insert [specified code] at [line #], then delete [line number(s) or specific code]" or "change [specified code at line number] to [specified new code]" that I can usually do, but "look for the code that does this and add a function to do that" is gonna lose me in a heartbeat!

I know dealing with newbies and the un-trained can be really annoying, so I very much appreciate any help that can be offered and will try not to be any stupider than absolutely necessary! Thanks!!
thorswitch
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby thorswitch » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:30 pm

Still looking for help on this one - Thanks!!
thorswitch
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby zanix » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:28 pm

I don't think there is a forum converter for phpbb3 -> DragonFly
I would look at the DragonFly website http://www.dragonflycms.org and look up if there is anything that connects or transfers phpbb3 to DragonFly
Read the Forum Rules, the WiKi, and Search before posting!
WoWRoster v2.1 - SigGen v0.3.3.523 - WoWRosterDF
zanix
Admin
Admin
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Realm: Doomhammer (PvE) - US

Postby thorswitch » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:04 am

Thanks! I'll check over there :)
thorswitch
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Anaxent » Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:34 am

Dragonfly has forums built in based on phpbb2 I have not seen a phpbb3 version as of yet. Because phpbb3 already has a authentication system I do not think it would be all that easy to say build a bridge between phpbb3 and dragonfly. Now something you may be interested in is the portal option for phpbb3 as it adds some of the functionality that dragonfly offers like modules and blocks. Then adding roster to phpbb3 would not be all that hard as you would not really need much authentication with roster as it is now there for you could just wrap the phpbb3 header/footer around roster to keep a seemless look and feel as seen on Adric's site http://midnightcartel.com
Anaxent
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team

Return to Dragonfly