Everything works but CharacterProfiler.lua won't upload

CharacterProfiler.lua file uploading issues

Postby Dritar » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:23 pm

Hello dear Wow roster members, I have a problem with your script:

I have installed WoW roster, followed the instructions, set upload rules to never force, went to game, with both addons scanned, put them both on, enforced to export and got the CharacterProfiler.Lua and GuildProfiler.lua, but when i upload characterprofiler.lua to my update box it loads for over 30 secs and says that either i don't have connection or page not found.

Always.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance, Dritar.
Dritar
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Dritar » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:26 pm

It worked when i did it in IExplore, why?
Dritar
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Re: Everything works but CharacterProfiler.lua won't upload

Postby tuigii » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:11 pm

It works with IE7 - maybe, I can assure you that FF also works. When I'm updating "by hand" - using the upload function button in the roster - I always use FF - dono why, it just works.

What did you use when it "didn't work" ?

Questions:

"don't have connection" or "page not found"
The first phrase is even UNKNOWN for Google, so you have something totally new here (this can happen, but is a 0.00001 % case) your error description isn't a 100 % copy of what you saw....
The second phrase makes something clear: your web server died when uploading, normally because of a time out delay.

Note that memory size on a web server is often very limited - if you have a big (more then 1024 KB) CharacterProfiler.lua file then better check your host - The WoWRoster doesn't ask much resources - but if one is uploading a CP with Guild info and 6 pages of Vault info, then an awful lot of SQL statements are bursting in a short period of time.

Btw: what is your CP lua file size? (In KB)

So, detail some more, and answers might be found.
tuigii
WR.net Master
WR.net Master

Return to Uploading