Curse WoWInterface Support

Support and feedback for UniAdmin

Curse WoWInterface Support

Postby Xcantion » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:31 pm

Is there a way to become a curse and / or WoWInterface Support? because WoWAce is hmm deadlike...
Xcantion
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Re: Curse WoWInterface Support

Postby Borsti » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:40 pm

Curse updater works fine for me
Borsti
WR.net Journeyman
WR.net Journeyman

Postby Xcantion » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:06 pm

curse updater works fine in uniadmin?? i have only a wowace support in uniadmin? how do you do that?
Xcantion
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Borsti » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:09 pm

Oh sorry didn`t look to forum. :bash:
Borsti
WR.net Journeyman
WR.net Journeyman

Postby Xcantion » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:40 pm

Hello again!

I have watch the modul file wowace.php and i think theres a way to become curse and / or wowinterface support... but i dont know ho to do that... because i dont know the urls and many more...

is there a way to become this kind of support than we have a (full)working copy of uniadmin. if i know how to do that then i think it will be only 10 minutes to write a modul file .. ...

i hope someone can help..
Xcantion
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Spennig » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:10 pm

I could be wrong, but I think what broke this was that wowace.com was using a files.wowace.com page that could be pulled from, and with the integration into curse.com and subsequently the work from both sites to keep wowmatrix from skimming, it's locked out other sites pulling info.

I'd love to see if there would be a way for a uniadmin to use a curse login to access info, though. I've got a curse premium account, and don't see why they couldn't let users with accounts portal mods in via uniadmin if the coding was hooked up.

Any of the Devs looked at that option at all since the new curseforge stuff kicked in?
Spennig
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby tuigii » Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:33 am

For several reasons I stopped feeding my own UniAdmin install - it became a constant copy procedure of ZIPS from Curse.
Our Guild is more then 4 years old, with many being member for the same period, so "addon hassle (syncing)" doesn't really exists anymore.
Our UniAdmin only contains "non-classic" addons, like a GuildProfiler that is 3.1.3 compatible (the actual official one isn't) and stuff like that - addons that no-one can find at Curse.

If it would be possible to mimic the Curse Client <=> Curse server interface, then that would be a great thing.
I don't think they use difficult "protocol" - I'll sniff (tcpdump) around to see what they say to each other :)

On the other hand, one has to know if Curse is allowing this kind of practice .....
Except for a 100 % simulation of a Curse client, they will detect that a new duck is fishing in their pool...
edit : Humm : Read this http://wow.curse.com/content/TermsofService.aspx the "Restrictions on Use" part.

If a premium account is needed for the code (integrated into UniAdmin) to work, then this will limit its usage a lot - WoW players are known not having any money ;-) - and it will bind the administration of UniAdmin to a person, the account owner.
tuigii
WR.net Master
WR.net Master

Return to UniAdmin