WoWroster with no Guild

Requests, feedback, and general discussion about WoWRoster
DO NOT post topics about WoWRoster AddOns here!

WoWroster with no Guild

Postby Tyilanmenyn » Sat May 09, 2009 1:44 pm

Hey, I'd like to know if it's able to use WoWroster if your not in a Guild. I wanna use WoWroster with a group of friends, but we don't want to be in the same guild. I have been able to upload my own character data, but I cannot view it because I get the error that I must set a Guild first.

Can anyone help me out here?
Thanks in advance,
Tyilanmenyn
Tyilanmenyn
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Re: WoWroster with no Guild

Postby PleegWat » Sat May 09, 2009 3:56 pm

The 'Guild' pane, on which many addons put their buttons, requires a default to be set. As an alternative, you can use the realm button, but not all addons have buttons there.

Alternatively, you can add a guild allow rule for 'Guildless-H' or 'Guildless-A', depending on whether you're alliance or horde, and set that as default.

That rule won't actually allow anyone to upload because '-' is an invalid character in WoW guildnames.
PleegWat
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team

Re: WoWroster with no Guild

Postby Spennig » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:34 pm

If anyone in the group has a guild, you can also use that, then set the main page to show realm members.

For unguilded characters, just put them on the allow list under character in upload rules.

Also, to get people from mixed guilds who are NOT guild admins to post, you have to make sure the updated access controls under the roster config options is set correctly (in my case, public), or it ignores any characters not already loaded by an admin manually.

I'm actually working on a cross-guild, cross-faction roster setup right now, for a server-wide roleplay community. it's an interestingly complex mess :-p but I'm learning a lot.
Spennig
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Return to General Support & Feedback