2.7.1 errors - "NOT updating CharacterProfiler for..."

Sync Blizzards' Armory data with WoWRoster (addon depreciated no longer works see ApiSync)

Moderators: Ulminia, poetter

2.7.1 errors - "NOT updating CharacterProfiler for..."

Postby AnthonyB » Thu May 14, 2009 12:59 pm

When I hover over the Note icon for every character I try to sync I get a mouse over error saying

Update Log
NOT Updating CharacterProfiler for [<insert character name>] - 2.6.0
The version of CharacterProfiler used to capture data for this character is older than the minimum version allowed for upload. Please ensure you are running at least 3.0.0 and have logged onto this character and saved data using this version.

So, I have my roster obviously set to require at least CP 3.0.0 for user to upload data. AS appears to be appearing as 2.6.0 when it hits Roster's data upload rules and is failing?

End result is none of my characters can get updated via AS.

How can we change this in AS?

I assumed it was the ARMORYSYNC_VERSION in \roster\addons\armorysync\inc\constants.php but editing this causes the Roster addons versioning stuff to freak out.
Roster 2.0.2 svn [latest] latest trunk SVN svn [latest] running on IIS7/Windows Server 2008 SP2 | MySQL 5.0.85 | PHP 5.2.10 | Yes, Roster and PHP rocks on IIS! Even run as FastCGI extension!
AnthonyB
Gimpy Developer
Gimpy Developer

Re: 2.7.1 errors - "NOT updating CharacterProfiler for..."

Postby tuigii » Thu May 14, 2009 5:10 pm

The 2.6.0 value is hard coded somewhere in the AS. It just can't take this value anywhere from the Armory ...

I also saw the same message for all updates - and it was easy to understand that this could be corrected by entering 2.6.0 on the main Roster config page. As every body else (except Ulmina of course :scratch: ) I entered there 3.0.0 long time ago, because I don't want anybody to feed my roster with a CP that has a version number of 2.6.0 (means OLD - not compatible - and in a worse case it will feed info to the roster that isn't ok).
This forces people to UPDATE their CP.

My question was more something like : why on earth AS needs to work with this version number ?
This is a CP thingy, and I'm pretty sure that Blizzard isn't following any of Calvin's addons - or even something that's based on it :roll:

Imho : AS should parse out the last update date of the WoW Armory, and compare that with the timestamp (if any) in the players table [member was already updated at least ONES in the past] or the members table [member NEVER updates his char before].
And overwrite the roster tables with any info that it can get from AS.
This implies that it isn't logic to start overwriting "zero" = "" information with "some information" already present - see the Public/Officier issue - these are Roster only field, AS updates these valeus with "" (nothing) so Main/Twink rules are blown up.

I actually think that the entire update process of AS should be reconsidered.
It should be more some like :
If Char exists then
{
for each set of info that the Armory can offer do // Like equipement - Talents, Reputs, Skills - but NO sacs, banques, Public/Off note etc
{
Assign values
}
}
else // New char, never updated before
{
Assign all info from AS to tables in roster. Default some values which are unknown for Armory but known for Roster.
}

Of course, this means that AS couldn't use the same update path as a CP update does right - or, updating should be made intelligent, so it updates only info that has been SET, leaving the field that weren't touched (exceptions might exist).

The good news : the latest version actually managed (for 95 % - some missed) to update (actually : overwrite) my 210 members..... with English tooltip info - for a French Guild ( :glad: )
I know that an American guy can consult OUR Guild in his own language (English) on th eArmory - but our Guild is French - and our chars pages should be consulted/updated in French :P - our default Roster language IS French.

Anyway, Uli, you made a hell of a progress - take another break - it really does you good.
tuigii
WR.net Master
WR.net Master

Postby Ulminia » Thu May 14, 2009 5:36 pm

find '$this->data["CPversion"] = '2.6.0';" in armorysync.class.php ad set it to 3.0.0 .. ial look in to making this an admin option
Ulminia of Zangarmarsh
Zonous of Zangarmarsh
Author of Roster Gallery
WoWRoster-Profiler Redesigner
Ulminia
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

Realm: Zangarmarsh (PvE) - US
gmail/gtalk: ulminia@gmail.com

Postby zanix » Thu May 14, 2009 7:04 pm

The CP version number keeps older versions of CP/GP from uploading to Roster
Armory sync creates a "fake" CP.lua file and passes it to the Roster update code

Certain versions of Roster were made for certain versions of CP/GP, and the "minimum version" is set in RosterCP
This of course is adjustable by the admin so they can force users to update to a newer CP/GP version, but it should never be set lower than what it's default is

Armory sync needs to follow the CP.lua format exactly as to not cause errors in the Roster update process
So the CP version number needs to be set so Roster doesn't spit back an error initially
Read the Forum Rules, the WiKi, and Search before posting!
WoWRoster v2.1 - SigGen v0.3.3.523 - WoWRosterDF
zanix
Admin
Admin
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Realm: Doomhammer (PvE) - US

Postby Ulminia » Thu May 14, 2009 8:12 pm

:salute: zanix is on the ball... :P yes i will add an admin code to set as's cp version
Ulminia of Zangarmarsh
Zonous of Zangarmarsh
Author of Roster Gallery
WoWRoster-Profiler Redesigner
Ulminia
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

Realm: Zangarmarsh (PvE) - US
gmail/gtalk: ulminia@gmail.com

Postby AnthonyB » Fri May 15, 2009 12:50 pm

Awesome - I've got it working nicely now! Very Very Happy! Great job Ulminia!
Roster 2.0.2 svn [latest] latest trunk SVN svn [latest] running on IIS7/Windows Server 2008 SP2 | MySQL 5.0.85 | PHP 5.2.10 | Yes, Roster and PHP rocks on IIS! Even run as FastCGI extension!
AnthonyB
Gimpy Developer
Gimpy Developer

Return to ArmorySync - Depreciated