settings disappearing on mac os

Support and feedback for NetherPanel
AKA java UniUploader

Postby harut » Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:09 pm

Hello,

My guild is using the roster an uniuploader to keep their info updated and we have one member which is using a mac.

I tried setting java uniuploader with him remotely and he tells me that settings are not saved.

If he enters all the settings correctly he can upload his data and sync addons with no trouble however as soon as he closes the application and relaunch it he doesn't have any settings anymore.

He's running mac os 10,4

I'm sorry i can't really tell you more than that but if you have any specific question i'll ask him and post back the answer.
Thanks in advance.
harut
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Re: settings disappearing on mac os

Postby Martin » Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:50 pm

harut wrote:Hello,

My guild is using the roster an uniuploader to keep their info updated and we have one member which is using a mac.

I tried setting java uniuploader with him remotely and he tells me that settings are not saved.

If he enters all the settings correctly he can upload his data and sync addons with no trouble however as soon as he closes the application and relaunch it he doesn't have any settings anymore.

He's running mac os 10,4

I'm sorry i can't really tell you more than that but if you have any specific question i'll ask him and post back the answer.
Thanks in advance.

Hi there. I've heard that MacOS and Java aren't always playing friendly with their implementation of the Settings API. Specifically if this person is someone with a lot of technical skills -- It seems to be people that customize their home directory or modify permissions. I believe Java writes the settings to "~/.somename" when running on MacOS. I'd check there first to see if anything is being written.
Martin
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby igojira » Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:07 am

The above post seem to be hitting on the same or similar issue that I'm seeing. Macs running this seem to save the information for the Upload site but not the rules. I opened the "org.mbs.juniuploader.plist" but without knowing the format I cannot do much and the PC side appears to be another format completely. I'm just hopeful it's looking there for information if I can figure it out. Is there any other way to get this information in or the data up without the manual site update?

Help
igojira
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby shadowUser » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:02 am

Hi, if i can help, i've opened the plist with the plist editor from the developer tools, and found that the key values missing are:
org/mbs/juniuploader/rules
org/mbs/juniuploader/formpairgroups
org/mbs/juniuploader/wowdirectories

And the ones that are working are:
org/mbs/juniuploader/logging
org/mbs/juniuploader/sites

So it seems that there is a problem with the former three, if you need me to do any testing, just ask, i'd try some tinkering myself, but my knowledge of java is sparse (at least ;) )

Thanks in advance
shadowUser
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby shadowUser » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:37 am

After a crazy inspection of the code, it may have something to do with the fact that the call to retrievePreferences() (from the WDirectory class) isn't called anywhere in the code (as far as i can find) and so, the key-value pair is not retrieved.

Another possibility is that the frmMain.storePreferences and frmMain.RetrievePreferences methods are somehow malfunctioning or trying to do something that isn't allowed, so maybe a little logging there could help.

Well, at this hour of the day is the most i can think, c'ya :)
shadowUser
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby zanix » Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:02 am

I know that someone is re-coding jUU as of right now
We have been tossing ideas back and forth in the IRC chat room (mainly him, lol)
Read the Forum Rules, the WiKi, and Search before posting!
WoWRoster v2.1 - SigGen v0.3.3.523 - WoWRosterDF
zanix
Admin
Admin
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Realm: Doomhammer (PvE) - US

Postby shadowUser » Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:40 pm

If i can be of any help as a beta tester, tell this person that i'm available ;)
shadowUser
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Return to NetherPanel