Help me understand a few things

Dragonfly integration forum

Postby rjones » Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:35 am

I have WoW Roster DF setup on our guild's website. Right now, I only have the module enabled (using DF permissions) for guild members. I would like to make it public, but I want to understand a few things first.

1. update.php access - this setting is in the guild roster config section. I only have this enabled for the admins group right now. Guild members who are not in the "admins" group have been able to update their profile, which is fine. Is this setting specifying the users that can update the members who are on the roster? So, for example, if someone joins the guild, only someone in the "admins" group will be able to add them to the roster?

2. If I were to make the roster public, what would prevent someone who is not in the guild from editing the character name in their CharacterProfiler.lua file to include a name of a guild member, and updating their information?

On my site, we have several different groups to consider. We have admins, guild members, members who have registed but do not belong to a group (non-guild members, and former guild members), and visitors to the site who have not registered.

3. Siggen - I would like guild members to have access to "upload user images" so that they can upload their pic, and modify their sig/avatar. Is this possible? Right now, only admins have access to do that.

The roster is amazing, and works really well with DF. Thanks for your work!

-RJ
Last edited by rjones on Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
rjones
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby jimig1 » Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:02 pm

1 yes admins will be the only one that can up date the whole roster but any one can update there own profile

2 nothing would stop some one from doing that

3 I'm not sure but I don't think it is possible
jimig1
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Bedevere » Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:48 pm

In regards to number 1 and 2 - I found that if someone did hack your list with fake names the next time an admin did an update it would remove the erronious listings.

My self nd the other 2 officers who do update the guild listing do it almost daily, so this would likely never be a big issue.
Bedevere
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Re: Help me understand a few things

Postby rjones » Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:16 am

Got it, thanks for the replies.
rjones
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Return to Dragonfly