Installation won't complete

Requests, feedback, and general discussion about WoWRoster
DO NOT post topics about WoWRoster AddOns here!

Postby barlam » Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:05 am

I'm probably overseeing something really stupid but i have no clue what i'm doing wrong.

I installed the roster site on the server. I used install.php, continued to config.php adjusted no settings. And went looking for the complete installation button. Couldn't find it. So i opened the webpage and got the following error:

Could not find guild: 'Restless Defenders' for server 'Twisting Nether'
You need to load your guild first and make sure you finished configuration

Ok, so i need to upload my guild profile. Downloaded guild profiler, started wow, opened the guild screen. checked /cp show and /cp export. All still seems perfectly fine.

Now the weird part is that i can't find any data from my guild in any file. And uploading a CharacterProfiler.lua doesn't help without it containing data. So i can't complete my installation at this point. Same goes for character profiler, all is saved, no errors, but also no data to be found.

I hope you can give me some pointers on how to fix this
barlam
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby barlam » Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:57 pm

Hmmm i've been thinking about this... and i'm probably on the wrong forum since the main issue is caused by the wow addons not updating CharacterProfiler.lua.

Allthoug, i would like to know if the installation will complete after i've updated using guildprofiler or that i have to change something to complete it.
barlam
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby AnthonyB » Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:22 pm

Firstly thing to rule out is that you're looking at the right CharacterProfiler.lua - seems obvious but many have been caught. You need to be loading the one in C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\<account name>\savedVariables

Now, you MUST run GuildProfiler as that is the addon that extracts all guild data for the initial upload and subsequent guild member updates.
Roster 2.0.2 svn [latest] latest trunk SVN svn [latest] running on IIS7/Windows Server 2008 SP2 | MySQL 5.0.85 | PHP 5.2.10 | Yes, Roster and PHP rocks on IIS! Even run as FastCGI extension!
AnthonyB
Gimpy Developer
Gimpy Developer

Postby barlam » Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:38 pm

Jup, done that. But the file doesn't contain any info from my char or guild. I ran both plugins multiple times. With wow restarts inbetween. I'll add the exact content of this file tonight, i'm at work atm... for 10 more min or so :P
Last edited by barlam on Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
barlam
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Re: Installation won't complete

Postby AnthonyB » Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:20 am

barlam wrote:Jup, done that. But the file doesn't contain any info from my char or guild. I ran both plugins multiple times. With wow restarts inbetween.

OK, to avoid disappointment, please go to rpgoutfitter.com for support on the CP and GP WoW addons as that it where the dev (Calvin) resides.

I would also suggest you disable EVERY other addon except Cp and GP and see if it extracts data. If it does you have a addon conflict and you'll need to use trial and error to find out what is conflicting. Most likely it will be a similar addon for some other portal your getting similar data for.
Roster 2.0.2 svn [latest] latest trunk SVN svn [latest] running on IIS7/Windows Server 2008 SP2 | MySQL 5.0.85 | PHP 5.2.10 | Yes, Roster and PHP rocks on IIS! Even run as FastCGI extension!
AnthonyB
Gimpy Developer
Gimpy Developer

Postby thesource » Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:06 pm

ok so I am having the same issue here but my log file has all the info in it. But when I update it. the update log is blank and the sql logs says

SELECT `config_name`, `config_value` FROM `roster_config` ORDER BY `id` ASC;

and thats all i get

and when i click on roster config i get

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in C:\Domains\theborgalliance.com\wwwroot\roster\admin\config.php on line 300

Can I get some help pls
Last edited by thesource on Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
thesource
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby barlam » Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:34 pm

euhm... donno what changed (if anything) but i was able to export all data yesterday when i was trying to get the data i posted before... I have no clue why it works all of a sudden, but i'm happy with it :P

Thanx a lot for the support :)
barlam
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Return to General Support & Feedback