Few Minor Requests for Help

Requests, feedback, and general discussion about WoWRoster
DO NOT post topics about WoWRoster AddOns here!

Postby lokthule » Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:08 pm

Perhaps others have done this, and can help.

I like the nice format of the roster when viewed like this, the table is even and well spaced. http://www.grungyape.com/bmr/roster/index.php

What I don't like is when using any other display, the multiple tables are all missized and spaced. Is there a quick way to edit the php to adjust this, perhaps set them all to 100%? http://www.grungyape.com/bmr/roster/ind ... uild_title

Also Guild MOTD never appears to display the whole MOTD. I assume that the roster size is smaller than the in game size, can this be adjusted?

Many thanks!
lokthule
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Re: Few Minor Requests for Help

Postby AnthonyB » Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:26 am

lokthule wrote:Also Guild MOTD never appears to display the whole MOTD. I assume that the roster size is smaller than the in game size, can this be adjusted?

How big is your MOTD (advise total number of characters including spaces)? I've not seen it truncate before.
Roster 2.0.2 svn [latest] latest trunk SVN svn [latest] running on IIS7/Windows Server 2008 SP2 | MySQL 5.0.85 | PHP 5.2.10 | Yes, Roster and PHP rocks on IIS! Even run as FastCGI extension!
AnthonyB
Gimpy Developer
Gimpy Developer

Postby lokthule » Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:48 pm

This specific current MOTD is 65 characters, including spaces. It shows in its entirety in the CharacterProfiler.lua but seems to cut off at about 52 on the roster.

Thanks
lokthule
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby zanix » Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:50 pm

Can you post what your MOTD is here for me?
Read the Forum Rules, the WiKi, and Search before posting!
WoWRoster v2.1 - SigGen v0.3.3.523 - WoWRosterDF
zanix
Admin
Admin
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Realm: Doomhammer (PvE) - US

Postby lokthule » Sat Aug 05, 2006 3:22 am

Sure, this is what is currently in the system:

"Thurs UBRS 8 pm, Server Time - Fri: AQ20! /w Colas if interested!"

Here is what shows:

"Thurs UBRS 8 pm, Server Time - Fri: AQ20! /w Colas i"

Now, only a reference point, this MOTD was changed the other day, the previous one was also cut off and longer. Sadly, I fail to recall what it was so this is only an FYI reference.
lokthule
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby AnthonyB » Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:08 am

Hmmm... interesting.

Currently the DB field where we store MOTD is varchar(255) so it can't be (shouldn't be) truncating it there...

While we check the code and try to repro, could you just confirm what type of field the MOTD field is set to in your DB - it's in the roster_guild table - in case something is screwy with your DB config?

EDIT: I just manually changed the MOTD in my CP.lua to "This is a test - Thurs UBRS 8 pm, Server Time - Fri: AQ20! /w Colas if interested!" and it uploaded without any truncation whatsoever.

Could you check the data in the MOTD field in the DB (location as descsribed above) and confirm for us whether it is stored in the DB correctly (indicating the trucation is occuring on display of the data) or whether it is truncated in the DB (indicating trucation occurring during the upload and store of the data).
Last edited by AnthonyB on Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Roster 2.0.2 svn [latest] latest trunk SVN svn [latest] running on IIS7/Windows Server 2008 SP2 | MySQL 5.0.85 | PHP 5.2.10 | Yes, Roster and PHP rocks on IIS! Even run as FastCGI extension!
AnthonyB
Gimpy Developer
Gimpy Developer

Postby lokthule » Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:56 am

I don't have access to see into the structure DB from home, so I can't see the DB setting; however, I do know the answer to question two, as I checked that first. It is truncated in the DB itself. So I assume on upload.

The lua file is complete, but the DB data is already truncated before output.

On Monday I'll get the complete DB story.
lokthule
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Return to General Support & Feedback