UU Request List (Post your requests here)

Support and feedback for UniUploader
UniUploader requires microsoft .net runtimes!

UU Request List (Post your requests here)

Postby Calystos » Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:17 am

Okay guys an gals, am opening the topic of what you lot actually want to be implemented in future releases of UU.

Sooooooo, feel free to post all your ideas/suggestions/comments/wishlist/whatever here and we'll see what we can do, :-)

Here's a quick and short list of a few upcoming things we'll be working on (in short a todo list, hehehe):
Add a reset settings.ini option to force-reset rather than having the user manually having to delete the file.
Change languages system so that each language is stored in its own file thus making updates easier (less time downloading since you'll only download whatever language file is actually updated instead of a huge languages.ini which is getting bigger and bigger each time its modded/etc) and also adds the ability to add more languages easier too.
Add ability to split up into chunks the downloaded xml addons list from UA to save bandwidth on host servers that limit certain things.

Feel free to post more ideas on what you lot would like to have added.

Below is a list of whats already been added in recent builds (which I will try to remember to update as and when new versions are updated and released):
2.7.2.0 Changes:
changed - minor fixes to the enableofficer check system to stop the officer string showing up on members UU app.
added - new HIDEUAURL option to match new UniAdmin toggle which selects (if officer version system is enabled) whether or not non-officers may view the uniadmin shortcut link in the right-click systray popup menu if a UA link is set in the UA site of course.

2.7.1.0 Changes:
changed - minor alignment adjustment to copyright text in about tab.
added - changelog button to about tab to show full changelog.
added - vista/7 admin check system, if UU is not running in admin mode then it will relaunch in admin mode.
added - svn revision code system to update system to match existing UniUploader svn revision code system.

2.7.0.0 Changes:
changed - version number is now 2.7.0.0 due to this being a rather hefty system change, along with all the previous 2.6.9.x changes.
added - new optional Officer mode system. Allowing 2 UniUploader systems to be setup, 1 for all non-Officers, and likewise the other for Officers. This is to allow GLs (Guild Leaders) to setup Officer-Only Required addons via UniAdmin.

2.6.9.4 Changes:
fixed - crash issue when no network access was available, still requires a timer check to auto-detect later but least now no more crashes!
added - guild name custom option to allow GLs (Guild Leaders) to set via UniAdmin an optional Guild Name (or other string) to appear before the UniUploader title area.
added - integration of autoLaunchTimer from update.exe to allow UniAdmin to set how long (in seconds) for the update.exe to auto launch a new UU build.
added - integration of UUTimeOut to allow UniAdmin to set how long for UU to timeout from lack of connection or broken URLs, etc.
added - update.exe now uses custom autoLaunchTimer option stored from UU and set via UA.
added - UU will now also download and update a ChangeLog.txt file for those wishing to keep track of the changes.

2.6.9.3 Changes:
changed - improved the multiple process checker system, now allows to either force-close all other running processes, launch a new process or not launch

2.6.9.2 Changes:
added - checker to detect if another UniUploader is running, if so no point launching a second one

2.6.9.1 Changes:
changed - version detection system now supports both alphanumeric versions (EG 2.6.9a) and also new style full numerical (EG 2.6.9.1 - the better type) versions.
changed - renamed uniVersionRevision to uniVersionBuild and added additional uniVersionRevision item for Major.Minor.Build.Revision versioning to allow for additional revisions of minor changes.

2.6.9 Changes:

changed - logo system now supports PNG/GIF/JPG image files rather than just GIF
changed - pretty much all text labels in the UniUploader are now able to be changed via the languages.ini
changed - version detection system now properly detects for new builds
added - option to choose to minimize to systray upon clicking Close X button (option to force set in UA)
added - roster/uniadmin URL context menu items (updated through UA)
added - update check button to force request a check to see if a new UniUploader build is available (rather than having to quit and relaunch)
added - ability to select ALL accounts to be uploaded rather than just single ones (option to force set in UA)
added - ability to store the password encrypted in the settings file (option to force set in UA)
added - option to automatically update to latest UniUploader build (option to force set in UA)
added - update.exe now checks the settings.ini file for the current updates URL rather than having it hardcoded
added - automatic launch timer to update.exe system to auto-run new UniUploader builds (30 seconds)

EDIT: Updated to include 2.7.x.x changes.
Calystos
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Re: UU Request List (Post your requests here)

Postby sophiatet » Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:21 am

not sure if this could be implemented, but would be a great idea in my opinion,

it is sorta 2 fold,

Idea 1: Download speed limiting within UU itself, possibly even set by variable so that UA could be used to set the max UU download speed to suit the needs of each setup

Idea 2: with throttling comes choke points, such as, large addon downloads slow, now all the others past that one have to wait.... or.... multi thread updating? maby just 2 threads,
to expand on this idea, perhaps a way in UA to set addons as high or low priority, example, you have a situation where every addon avalible by UA needs to be downloaded,
you have all but 2 of the addons marked "high" priority, and 2 addons marked low,
UU would see the 2 low, and save them for last, also it would only have 1 low in any thread at any time, so, if it has finished all the high priority addons, and is now on the low, it will download them 1 by 1 instead of clogging both threads,

this is incredibly easy for me to blab out, and probably weeks and weeks of coding, headdesking cursing, and keyboard abuse, but, i still think it is a great idea... if only i knew c# and could try to put it in myself :S
sophiatet
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby zanix » Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:20 pm

Adding this ability to UA probably isn't a big deal.
But in UU, I'm sure it would be.
Read the Forum Rules, the WiKi, and Search before posting!
WoWRoster v2.1 - SigGen v0.3.3.523 - WoWRosterDF
zanix
Admin
Admin
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Realm: Doomhammer (PvE) - US

Postby Calystos » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:48 am

Heh, you lot just like making my life more complex don't ya, ;) hehehehehe. J/k.

As I said in the email I sent ya a short while ago, nice ideas. Its similar to one of the old ideas I had to adjust the UA/UU systems to sorta split up the amount of data thats d/l'd or transferred upon request on those servers or sites that have speed or bandwidth limitations, but never had the time to look further into it) Will attempt to look further into accomplishing them when I get some more free time (less someone else beats me to it). I've got lotsa ideas to put into play but its a case of getting enough free time to work on em, hehe. Atm the main project I'm on working on right now is re-writing the old wowace module to work again (I have a demo/test script thats coming along slowly but IS working!) which I'm hoping to have sorted before the years out (xmas of course not helping with the lack of free times, haha). But yeah, good ideas there. :)
Calystos
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Postby zanix » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:35 am

Calystos wrote:Heh, you lot just like making my life more complex don't ya, ;)

Yes, this is my job
Read the Forum Rules, the WiKi, and Search before posting!
WoWRoster v2.1 - SigGen v0.3.3.523 - WoWRosterDF
zanix
Admin
Admin
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Realm: Doomhammer (PvE) - US

Postby Calystos » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:36 am

K, that caught me off guard and really made me laugh irl, lol.
Calystos
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Return to UniUploader