guild-memberslist-log

CharacterProfiler.lua file uploading issues

guild-memberslist-log

Postby rehab » Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:45 pm

We've been using wow roster for a while now (currently running 2.0.2.) Recently, I have noticed that the guild member log has stopped displaying (the page is empty.) Everything else works OK (guild/toon/item details display correctly,) and I can update the profile without any problems. Any ideas?
rehab
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Re: guild-memberslist-log

Postby PleegWat » Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:37 pm

It's offering me an empty download. Are there any messages in your server error log?
I <3 /bin/bash
PleegWat
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team

Postby rehab » Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:12 pm

I'll email the server's admin and ask him to tar & gzip the apache logs...
rehab
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby rehab » Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:43 am

Hmm...this is interesting. When I try to access the guild-memberslist-log URL, apache's access.log doesn't see the hit (i.e. the get request is not processed.) This is using firefox on vista, internet exploder on vista and firefox on ubuntu. I also tried lynx on the host on which the web server resides and lynx returns "Unexpected network read error; connection aborted," and then "Unable to access document." The site's error.log is clean too. :scratch:

As I mentioned before, all other roster URLs are functioning normally. Can anyone suggest a modification to index.php to return a little more diagnostic information?
rehab
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby PleegWat » Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:39 pm

Hm, strange. I'm not getting any server response at all. Firefox sends the request, and the server promptly closes the connection.

It might be worth trying to temporarily replace index.php with a static file, or temporarily replacing 'addons/memberslist/guild/log.php' with an empty file or a different file from the same directory.

I suspect you'll get correct output in both cases; I've tried various permutations and anything that calls up the memberlog page fails. You could also check if apache crashed, or was killed by AppArmor or SElinux.
I <3 /bin/bash
PleegWat
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team

Postby rehab » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:29 pm

PleegWat wrote:It might be worth trying to temporarily replace index.php with a static file, or temporarily replacing 'addons/memberslist/guild/log.php' with an empty file or a different file from the same directory.

As a test, I copied honorlist.php to log.php and it displayed OK (i.e. a page was rendered and a sane entry appeared in access.log.) The barf seems limited to log.php.

PleegWat wrote:I suspect you'll get correct output in both cases; I've tried various permutations and anything that calls up the memberlog page fails. You could also check if apache crashed, or was killed by AppArmor or SElinux.

Apache hasn't crashed - it serves more than our guild roster on this host and I'm content that it's OK. I can look into AppArmor and SElinux, but I'd be surprised if they're to blame (given we're only using some smart php to execute mysql queries.)

Anyhoo, thanks for your help. I'll investigate more over the coming days and post when I have something interesting.
rehab
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby rehab » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:00 pm

It was a local server problem in the end. We saw this in the logs:

<snip>

Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 1054720 bytes)

</snip>

...so, after a minor settings tweak, the page renders properly.
rehab
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Return to Uploading