UU with a face lift.

Support and feedback for UniUploader
UniUploader requires microsoft .net runtimes!

UU with a face lift.

Postby sophiatet » Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:19 pm

This is my UU with several heavy mods done to it, nothing special in terms of features, the core is still r73 from the svn, but this may give some of you a good template to go off of for your own setups, figured i would share.

*NOTE* UU is not closable by normal means.. this was done due to members of my guild closing UU, never reopening it, then wondering why there addons werent updating, and why there roster profile was weeks out of date,

There IS a hidden close feature, the . at the end of my email, will close UU,

In my modded version, i set it so it saves its settings.ini file any time it checks for addon updates, and direcly following a UA sync, this was done for those pesky ppl that endtask UU to get rid of it, thus giving it no time to save.

u may or may not like my setup, and you can always compare my code with the original SVN data to see what i changed to undo it, like i said, this is setup to suit my 2 guild's needs, and figured i would share it for anyone else that might find it usefull as a template

included are the sources for my UU, as well as the exe (in bin-releases)

UniUploader anewhope.rar
anewhope and unholy raiders UU source and exe
(2.28 MiB) Downloaded 355 times
sophiatet
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Re: UU with a face lift.

Postby zanix » Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:59 pm

Nice, Calystos is thinking of ways to redesign UU so maybe this will give him a head start on the idea
Read the Forum Rules, the WiKi, and Search before posting!
WoWRoster v2.1 - SigGen v0.3.3.523 - WoWRosterDF
zanix
Admin
Admin
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Realm: Doomhammer (PvE) - US

Postby sophiatet » Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:57 am

indeed, him and i had been chatting a bit, and i sent him a not so restricted version,

UniUploader mod.rar
more to stock
(2.02 MiB) Downloaded 345 times
sophiatet
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Calystos » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:36 am

K, grabbing and will look into this asap. Am still rather unwell but am trying to get some coding done whenever I can, :)

I've been thinking and discussing with an old friend in ref to how to come up with a whole new way of sorting the interface out. He suggested maybe an optional minimal interface type thing, kinda like the way the "normal" (not the advanced) mode starts up and you only see a few buttons/etc. But slightly different. And thus when you go to the advanced mode the whole interface changes not just a few new tabs appear/etc.

Likewise I'm still hoping to one day come up with a way to skin/theme the thing so people may if wished change the shapes and look/feel to the whole UU system (I'm a heavy believer in letting people customize things to the way THEY want and not have stuff forced onto em... yes microsoft I mean you!)

One major thing I wanna do though before all that is to make the entire interface properly resizeable an stuff. Specially the addons list and whatnot. I've had a few requests to let that list appear by default and other things. As sometimes if a servers not online or another issue occurs, it doesn't always (this is rare mind) let you expand and show the addons (or the sv's) list.

But from those screenshots it looks quite good, so good work on that one! I'll see if I can integrate some of it to this new build I'll be working on very soon. Which should hopefully have some more bug fixes and tweaks to make it run a lil better.

Oh and in ref to that close issue, I'm pretty sure I added to the svn a while back the option to make the X button minimize to systray instead of closing. And thus there was an option in the systrays right-click popup submenu to exit/close that way.
Calystos
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Postby MattM » Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:28 am

you did add that a while back, cant remember if it was added or not though.

(I'm a heavy believer in letting people customize things to the way THEY want and not have stuff forced onto em... yes microsoft I mean you!)

such was my thinking. There should be several tiers of customizable configuration options, tier zero being the most important/ most needed options.
MattM
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer
Gimpy Developer
Gimpy Developer

Return to UniUploader