Raid Progression Redesigning

Raid tracking for Guilds For Raids over 10 man

Moderator: Ulminia

Raid Progression Redesigning

Postby Ulminia » Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:13 pm

ok so .. im redesigning Raid Progression the addon is too hefty.. to much info.. to many databases its basicly a website in a website... so i am redesigning it to be more like Raid trackers like on guild hosting websites it will list raid the bosses and if they are down will have a guiold stats page so you can compare many guilds on your roster what percent thay have done and so on... there will be no more tooltip cashing no more displaying who has looted what .. this was making the addon way to big... in the future i may bring these features back but for now i want the addon to be smaller and sleeker for the new roster when its released...
Ulminia of Zangarmarsh
Zonous of Zangarmarsh
Author of Roster Gallery
WoWRoster-Profiler Redesigner
Ulminia
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

Realm: Zangarmarsh (PvE) - US
gmail/gtalk: ulminia@gmail.com

Re: Raid Progression Redesigning

Postby GemDog » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:51 pm

OMG, its what i have been dreaming of... info like seen on guildox.com?? this will be awesome! and compare others also... i am excited :glad: .

?? will there be a way to post current server ranking under different topics on the websites, like a banner of some sort? 10 man progress, achievements -- 25 man progress, achievements? :roll: maybe a strict 10/25 man rule banner, which is i believe 8+ members with the same date kill. you could have 400 members who have all kill the same bosses while "pugging" and have a higher rank, guildox created a way to show the info in a different way with strict rules such as above.
we have 84 members and raid as a guild, ranked 116th with "puggers" and strict shows 35th, changes weekly for us.

?? how far back will the Raids go? many guilds are doing Retro Nights and going back to kill old Raid Bosses. 60 Raids to New 80 Raids, with the new stuff coming with the expansion to 85.

even if not, this will still come in handy to see who we missed and go back.
oh, i am using the new Roster (WoWRoster v2.0.9.2123), and i must say, current or not it is running very well.
i would be more than happy to test it :roll:

was thinking too, a way to see who hasn't done certain Bosses so the guild can go back to complete "Guild Kill" like missing recipe??

you cant tell i am excited can you.... :rofl:
GemDog
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Ulminia » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:12 am

there wont be any per member data in this adon any more no loot or players names listed just what raid what bosses down and that will be it i think..
Ulminia of Zangarmarsh
Zonous of Zangarmarsh
Author of Roster Gallery
WoWRoster-Profiler Redesigner
Ulminia
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

Realm: Zangarmarsh (PvE) - US
gmail/gtalk: ulminia@gmail.com

Postby GemDog » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:31 am

sounds good,

could there be an option that would say shows the boss not downed but i know that i did it, can the info be pulled from the wowarmory?? to show a list in a new frame or popup of who is missing this boss for guild credit? or does this keep the addon large

lets say for now the lay out is a table of small icons for each Heroic and Raid boss the game has to offer from start to finish like the class icon size or something 3 or 4 rows whatever, if it is right clicked we can have a few options, which achievements are missing as a guild...if grayed out right click that to see who doesn't have it we know to go get it. if its another color something else, never killed something like that?
Store the final kills and stuff only. lets say this icon for said boss is completed by everyone in the guild, it would have a highlighted border ?? like epic purple in the character viewer, at x number another color and so on, until gray never, but if it is purple for the moment in time no look up(it could dynamically change if members leave and join).. all the colors for that matter.

just tossing out ideas, sorry if i seem like a pain.... you could tell me to shhhh and i will wait for your master piece. i wont get upset.

i think something like that would help me as a GM to help get groups going for one, and as a serious / casual :scratch: ...hmm raiding guild know what bosses need to die past and present.
GemDog
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Return to Raid Progression