2.8.1 problem

Support and feedback for UniUploader
UniUploader requires microsoft .net runtimes!

2.8.1 problem

Postby scotts » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:20 am

i use the uu to keep my dkp updated always been good ect but with this latest one when i upgraded ive had a small issue

I have the info for the download part fine but if i do it manualy its 20kb and when i use the UU tool its 50 so i checked out whats going on, on the manual one its the lua file dkp list normal but the one from the UU program its the web page for some reason.


I was wondering why your UU would be downloading the web page to my pc instead of the dkp list as stated as yes before you ask it does have the right info in the boxes cos if i copy and paste that to a web browser it down loads it fine its only from the UU that it mucks up can you help me sort this one out


Thanks scott
scotts
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:16 am

Re: 2.8.1 problem

Postby Calystos » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:18 am

Interesting, never noticed any issue like this before. I take it its 2.8.1.73 right?

And do you mean the UU downloading the addon via the UA? As if so, I don't think it will be UU to blame for additional size increases/etc. But UA, as the way it sorts addons is that it basically extracts them, checks them, and then if they're okay (IE don't have invalid files/etc) it adds/updates them to its list. Least if I recall it rightly, been a while since I've viewed that core engine code for the addons system as I've been busy working on replacing the old wowace module instead mostly.

Or did you mean the UU uploading the dkp saved variables file to the roster system?

Also, can you get me some screenshots or copy/paste the debug log output so I can see what its saying.

I have plans on replacing the downloads system as such as it can have issues with lengthy addon lists and whatnot, so kept pondering replacing it with a system that sort of cuts things more into chunks to help with bandwidth and other possible server related issues.

As for DKP, which version is it you use, where'd you get it from, etc.

I must say I'm not actually playing wow as such anymore, but I ask some friends to help me out a bit with some testing.

The issue in question could be to do with many things, I'll see abouts viewing the source and do a comparison as to what happens between the manual and automatic updates. Or when you said manual, did you mean going to your roster site and then manually uploading using the rosters update option?

In ref to the UU it could be due to it requiring additional error or safety checks, or to do with the way it parses files, or even to do with the compression system not handling that file right... I'll see what I can do when I view the code asap.

I hope this is what you mean't, its late an I'm not thinking too clearly, lawl.

EDIT: Just re-read what you wrote, could you give more info in ref to this webpage thingy your mentioning? Its not that old SavedVariables (Web to WoW) system is it? EG: Your trying to get the UU to get info from a webpage to update everyone who uses your UU and dkp to that SV's info, etc.
User avatar
Calystos
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:57 am
Location: Earth

Re: 2.8.1 problem

Postby scotts » Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:14 am

i sent you the file via email i hope that this was ok and its just to update the dkp file on my end instead of having to do it manualy under advanced web to wow
scotts
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:16 am

Re: 2.8.1 problem

Postby Calystos » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:52 am

Not received any email, nor pms.

Am guessing thats you attempting to add me to msn though?

Also, in ref to web_to_wow.php it could be to do with php related matters not to do with the actual uu or ua but php itself, ie as in parsing and outputting data. Since the file I hacked together to allow people easier access to using the web_to_wow system simply includes "SavedVariables.lua" which should be nothing more than a basic normal lua file if I reccall rightly. Tbh, I've not actually properly used this system myself. I've heard of only 1 person who has in the past few months. I tried it out a while back an it did work, but never noticed any issues in ref to sizes/etc.

Far as I can recall, the UU system connects to the UA server, checks the web_to_wow.php file, then retrieves data via a GETDATA command which then just echoes out either the SavedVariables.lua file it exists, or if not then whatever you've force-set in the web_to_wow.php file. So its looking like the additional size is due to the php file being accessed and viewed, and then parsed for the correct output.
User avatar
Calystos
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:57 am
Location: Earth


Return to UniUploader

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron