2 questions about addons

Here you can find plenty of help with your general coding needs and projects
If it is about a specific program, use the corresponding forum
DO NOT ask basic questions such as "How do I print a variable", use Google for that

2 questions about addons

Postby gorath » Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:25 am

I'm working on a raiding roster to clear certain players for instances. I have 2 questions about how to use the SDK. I have searched the wiki and the forums, but I haven't found anything, but please forgive me if I didn't find it.

My first question deals with the menu. I need 2 links to show up in the menu for 2 different files. I kind of fudged my way around this, but I would love to know the correct way.

The other question I have deals with an authentication method. I thought I had read in something that it was possible to use the password box that was used for the config part of the roster?

I know these questions seem simple, but I'm still pretty much new to this.

If you want to see a preview of my work, you can find it here

Eventually, I will be submitting this addon for approval or whatever. There are some issues that I know I need to fix first though, so it may be a little while before it goes public ;)

Thanks for any info/help you may give!
gorath
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Re: 2 questions about addons

Postby gorath » Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:32 am

Almost forgot. Also looking for advice on the admin page.

I'm going to have multiple "statuses" for characters (Eg. "Not cleared", "Primary", "Secondary"). Not necessarily those particular words, but something similar.

I've been thinking about it, and dropdown boxes for each character and instance sounds like the best way to do it probably. However I'm not sure how that will work out...any suggestions from the audience as to the best way to do it?
gorath
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Return to General Code Help