How to or feature request

Download, Present, and receive support for third party WoWRoster AddOns and modifications
WoWRoster AddOns and Mods are supported by the author only
Please understand that some AddOns and Mods may require advanced skills to employ

Postby Morwaul » Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:51 am

Hello

There are 2 things that I really need my Roster to do. If they are easy, please point me in the direction and I will try to muddle through it myself. If it is difficult I would really apreciate it if someone could make an addon or even add it to the core roster. I think many people could use this. Anyway....

Item 1 - This is very important to me.

I need a date field in the roster to notate when guildies joined the guild. If possible, I would like to be able to set the date manually for all preexisting guild members and then have it insert the current date for any new guildies that are created on guild upload automatically.

Item 2 - Not as important but would be nice.

I need some text fields where I can manually enter information about guildies. The officer and public notes are simply insufficient. I would like to be able to set the maximum characters allowed. I do not know if this is possible either as it might require seperate logins for every user but I would like for my guildies to be able to enter information into one of the text fields on their characters only. Maybe from a field in UniUpdater or something? Lastly, I would like these text fields to be visible on a different page with different formatting than a simple table. Maybe something like this guild but not exactly http://www.angelsfromhell.co.uk/guildabout.aspx.

Thanks for any help, guidence, etc.
Morwaul
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby zanix » Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:30 am

Item 1 - Getting the exact time and date from WoW is impossible
But, there is a roster addon (memberlog) that keeps track of character added/removed when you update the guild list (the date/time is when you update the list)

Item 2 - You could possibly make an addon for this, but since roster has no authentication system, there is no easy way to allow users to enter info
Read the Forum Rules, the WiKi, and Search before posting!
WoWRoster v2.1 - SigGen v0.3.3.523 - WoWRosterDF
zanix
Admin
Admin
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Realm: Doomhammer (PvE) - US

Re: How to or feature request

Postby Morwaul » Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:31 am

Thanks

I will give member log a try.

I figured as much on item 2.

Thanks again.

btw. if anyone else has any other ideas I'll be happy to here them.
Morwaul
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Re: How to or feature request

Postby Morwaul » Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:36 am

Ok, I have installed Memberlog and it appears to be working. Is there a way to get the data (join date) from memberlog into the main roster table as an additional column?

Also, is there a way to manually input the join dates of all my preexisting guildies into memberlog?

As Always -Thank You-
Morwaul
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Re: How To or feature request

Postby Morwaul » Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:51 am

Ok, here is what I have figured out. I'm sure you guys know all this stuff already but.....

My member table which forms the base of the roster is roster_members. I have created a field in here called joined.

The table where memberlog stores its data is called roster_addon_memberlog. The fields in here are name, type ('OLD', 'NEW'), and date.

Basically I want to pass the data through a query (or whatever) with something like this

$sql = 'SELECT DATE FROM `roster_addon_memberlog` WHERE TYPE = "NEW"';

and deposit it into the correct members joined field in roster_members.

This would be simple in Access but I see no way to acomplish it in myphpadmin. Is there a way to do this in PHP? Maybe on update something? Or, am I missing something?

If someone can tell me how to do this I also need how to add the extra column to Roster. Even though I have added it in the table, it is not visible.
Morwaul
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby zanix » Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:36 am

Look in index.php for an example of how to do this

Basicly, you need to add another $FIELDS[] array
Read the Forum Rules, the WiKi, and Search before posting!
WoWRoster v2.1 - SigGen v0.3.3.523 - WoWRosterDF
zanix
Admin
Admin
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Realm: Doomhammer (PvE) - US

Return to AddOns and Mods