[request] web-based manual char update

Download, Present, and receive support for third party WoWRoster AddOns and modifications
WoWRoster AddOns and Mods are supported by the author only
Please understand that some AddOns and Mods may require advanced skills to employ

[request] web-based manual char update

Postby Fiznar » Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:15 pm

I have several members in my guild who are adamantly opposed to any kind of UI addon, including the guildmaster. I currently have roster up and running, but was wondering how hard would it be possible to code a web based interface where people could manually update their info? We get basic information from the guild dump, but would like for those who don't want to run a ui mod and upload the file to be able to update their characters.

I'm not a super coder, but I've got some moderate php ability. I'd be willing to make a donation to anyone willing to give their time to help me out here.

Fiznar
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Re: [request] web-based manual char update

Postby zeryl » Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:37 pm

At the current time, it would be almost impossible due to the way items are stored in the database.

If/When it ever moves to a "common" item system, rather than items/char, it would be easy to do. I'm not saying it couldn't be done, but it would be nearly impossible to implement easily.
zeryl
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team

Postby Fiznar » Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:43 am

What I had in mind is a much paired down version, with pretty much just worn items and talents..

And I was thinking fairly low tech, a web form with each slot listed, and they have to type the name of the item in the form.. Of course spelling would be an issue..

Something like that still not feasable?

Thanks for the input.
Fiznar
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby zeryl » Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:52 am

Yeah, that might be possible, but i think some things would need to be re-written to allow for no tooltips and the like, but I think it could be done. If I had more time, i'd work on it for you, but I just don't have the time right now :(
zeryl
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team

Return to AddOns and Mods