UU To My WebServer ???

Support and feedback for UniUploader
UniUploader requires microsoft .net runtimes!

UU To My WebServer ???

Postby Bri_Of_NHA » Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:51 pm

New to these boards... First Off, I plan on using UU with Char Profiler, Guild Profiler, and possibly PvP...

What I need to know is where do I find the admin.php file that I have to point UU to...

Even better, I'd be looking for a .NET page to point it to, or code to take UU output and dump it into a SQL Server.

Any help for the UU nub would be appreciated!
Bri_Of_NHA
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

UU To My WebServer ???

Postby MattM » Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:43 am

uu acts as a browser and does an HTTP POST (exactly like a web browser) to a URL

the HTTP POST is the actual posting aka uploading of the file.
MattM
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer
Gimpy Developer
Gimpy Developer

Re: UU To My WebServer ???

Postby AnthonyB » Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:08 am

Bri_Of_NHA wrote:What I need to know is where do I find the admin.php file that I have to point UU to...

Huh? What admin.php? Where'd you get that from?

You're possibly either meaing pointing it to your Roster's update.php for uploading data, or using UniAdmin to globally manage the UU configuration and the config file UU points to is interface.php.

Bri_Of_NHA wrote:Even better, I'd be looking for a .NET page to point it to, or code to take UU output and dump it into a SQL Server.

Huh? You need to put into print all of what's going on in your head as we're getting a VERY incomplete picture of what you think you want to do! :scratch:

Anyway, crawl before you walk. Get UniAdmin and get your UniAdmin/UniUploader/Roster stuff all working the way it's intended too first then get creative :thumright:
Roster 2.0.2 svn [latest] latest trunk SVN svn [latest] running on IIS7/Windows Server 2008 SP2 | MySQL 5.0.85 | PHP 5.2.10 | Yes, Roster and PHP rocks on IIS! Even run as FastCGI extension!
AnthonyB
Gimpy Developer
Gimpy Developer

Postby Kaylaura » Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:23 am

I would suggest first setting up Roster and making sure all manual data uploads work. Once you do that you'll have a better idea of what you can use UU for, and where to point it. Then after that, figure out UniAdmin and how to use it, if you want.

Also, the capability that you're looking for (UU output and dump into a DB) is only available in PHP/MySQL as far as I know - I haven't looked for a .Net version - and frankly wouldn't want to :P
Kaylaura
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby krissauquillo » Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:12 am

Matt_Miller wrote:uu acts as a browser and does an HTTP POST (exactly like a web browser) to a URL

the HTTP POST is the actual posting aka uploading of the file.

Where can i find out what values/variables UU sends the HTTP POSTs as?
krissauquillo
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

UU To My WebServer ???

Postby zanix » Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:54 am

Make a .php file, with the following (such as testUU.php)
Code: Select all
<?php phpinfo(); ?>

Then point UU to that file

Then in the server response tab, click on the "View in IE" icon

And scroll down until you get to the variables section
You can see exactly what UU posts
Last edited by zanix on Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Read the Forum Rules, the WiKi, and Search before posting!
WoWRoster v2.1 - SigGen v0.3.3.523 - WoWRosterDF
zanix
Admin
Admin
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Realm: Doomhammer (PvE) - US

UU To My WebServer ???

Postby Byntaluran » Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:07 pm

ok, I'm a nub. I'll admit that right away. I have linked the guild roster from ur site to mine http://boundbyhonour.net I would love to use UU as it seems the best way to update without going thru all the stuff on ur site. I guess my question is this: To use UU do i have to make an SQL DB for the info and UU to that file? And if so, how do i maintain the structure and looks of the page that's displayed when I use the src from u guys? Sorry for all the questions, but i'd really like to maintain a quality site for my guild.
Thanx
Last edited by Byntaluran on Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Byntaluran
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Return to UniUploader