'Invalid User...' ?

Requests, feedback, and general discussion about WoWRoster
DO NOT post topics about WoWRoster AddOns here!

'Invalid User...' ?

Postby Bisa » Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:34 pm

Hi, using the phpbb forums and the feature to allow certain user groups access to the update.php-file is a really nice thing.
My problem started of with some simple errors like I had not given the correct phpbb root path and stuff, now all seemed to be fine untill I tried to log in using my forum username and passwords.
The update.php won't allow me to update, I just get the 'Invalid User...', no error msges or warnings and I know for a fact that I have allowed access to my user group and that I am using the correct pw/user name.

I reinstalled my roster and went from using a separate db to using my forum db if that were to be the problem but it did not solve the issue.

can any1 help me here? thnx in advance :thumright:
Bisa
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

'Invalid User...' ?

Postby gm128 » Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:25 pm

I have the same problem. If I go to my forums and login there and then go back to the roster update page, it will work then. What's the point of having the login form there if it won't work? Does anyone have a fix for this yet?
gm128
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Re: 'Invalid User...' ?

Postby shaun.voysey » Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:25 pm

Bisa wrote:Hi, using the phpbb forums and the feature to allow certain user groups access to the update.php-file is a really nice thing.
My problem started of with some simple errors like I had not given the correct phpbb root path and stuff, now all seemed to be fine untill I tried to log in using my forum username and passwords.
The update.php won't allow me to update, I just get the 'Invalid User...', no error msges or warnings and I know for a fact that I have allowed access to my user group and that I am using the correct pw/user name.

I have logged the Update.php and phpbb.php files. I have found that the password Variable is not being passed for some reason. I am not knowledgable enough to trace the fault.

Dev Team, can you please check the files?
shaun.voysey
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

'Invalid User...' ?

Postby zanix » Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:07 am

We are planning to remove the phpbb auth from roster in version 1.7.1

However, we are planning to include a basic auth system in Roster 1.8.0 that would also allow for "plug-ins" for CMS's such as phpbb, nuke, dragonfly, whatever...which would override roster's auth
Read the Forum Rules, the WiKi, and Search before posting!
WoWRoster v2.1 - SigGen v0.3.3.523 - WoWRosterDF
zanix
Admin
Admin
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Realm: Doomhammer (PvE) - US

Return to General Support & Feedback