Suggestions

Quick and easy way to see what recipes your character is missing

Moderators: zeryl, Teta68

Re: Suggestions

Postby wahelen » Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:06 pm

Love this addon, and just installed the files that links this with the guildbank

But does someone have the time to make it the other way around also? When you check the guild bank, you can se who dosnt have this recipe, but can learn it

Would be a great asset for the guild banker in most guilds :)
wahelen
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Smitty » Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:56 pm

I too love the addon and am trying to get guildies to use the roster with it as an enticement.

However, my BIG suggestion is to allow the user to pick thottbot or alla. I personally cannot stand alla and will not use it.

The other major change I could see being an even greater benefit is the capability to remove unable to learn recipes from the result.
Such as gnome and goblin engy; then there's smithing and leatherworking. It'll just piss off users having to scroll through skills they cannot learn.

Another would be to add mouseover tooltip. Being able to see what the skill is first is a big plus imo.

Other than all that ;) it's a great addon!!
Smitty
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Suggestions

Postby PleegWat » Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:47 pm

These suggestions are not trivially possible. The page is made by parsing alla's recipe page. That parsing produces alla links, which aren't convertable to thott links (at most thott search links), but provide direct links to the relevant alla pages.
The parsing is also not able to distinguish between the main tree recipes and the specialization recipes. This is a parser limitation that isn't easily solved.
I <3 /bin/bash
PleegWat
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team

Postby zeryl » Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:46 pm

As Pleegwat has mentioned, it will not be easy to make that change.

However, with the next release of Missing Recipes, all of the localization/links/etc should be able to be done without any issues at all. I'm gonna have large sql tables to store all the information.

I'm working on it, but I just don't have a release date as it's alot of work, and I"ve got alot on my plate right now in real life, plus a few side projects. But i do promise I am working on it.

--Z
zeryl
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team

Postby silverscout » Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:35 am

I don't know if this has been suggusted as I breifly scanned the replies.

How about. What can the guild make and what is the guild missing. This could be added to whoever sugusted of what can a person make at the lvl they are.

IE. The guild can make ABC. The guild is missing ZXY. People who can make ZXY are ......

Doesn't need to go into to much detail as to why they have not picked it up. (Most reasons would be rep ones, or drop only ones)

This would help out the guild in a ton of ways.

:)

aslo be nice to database's. I would say if the data is stored in another spot call that spot. My database is about 10 megs and growing like crazy ;( where I am soon going to split into different databses to make things load faster.
silverscout
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Previous

Return to Missing Recipes