Having problems installling...

Dragonfly integration forum

Postby Nemir » Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:44 am

Sorry if this has been posted before, but I couldn't find anything.

Ok, i *was* trying to do an upgrade, from 1.6, but I've uploaded all the files/folders just like the install.txt said, and i keep getting a bunch of errors.

Here is the one I get when I go to mysite.com/roster/update (or install).php

Code: Select all
Warning: main(BASEDIRmodules//settings.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/bloodswo/public_html/modules/WoWRosterDF/update.php on line 35

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'BASEDIRmodules//settings.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/bloodswo/public_html/modules/WoWRosterDF/update.php on line 35

So, i tried instead going to my admin panel, but when i log in, I get this error....

Parse error: parse error, unexpected ')' in /home/bloodswo/public_html/modules/wowroster/admin/adlinks.inc on line 20

So, is this a relatively easy fix? or should i just do it as a completely fresh install?
Nemir
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby zanix » Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:59 am

The beta doesnt currently upgrade from 1.6

You should do a fresh install until an upgrade is made
Read the Forum Rules, the WiKi, and Search before posting!
WoWRoster v2.1 - SigGen v0.3.3.523 - WoWRosterDF
zanix
Admin
Admin
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Realm: Doomhammer (PvE) - US

Postby Nemir » Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:27 am

Cool, thanx
Nemir
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Nemir » Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:24 am

Ok. I completely unistalled the old version of WoW Roster, and just uploaded all the files for the new one. Then I went to mysite.com/..../WoWRosterDF/install.php and get this nothing. It says done, but the screen is blank. I tried chmodding install.php to 777, still nothing.

And now, when I try to log into the admin portion of my site, i get this:
Parse error: parse error, unexpected ')' in /home/bloodswo/public_html/modules/WoWRosterDF/admin/adlinks.inc on line 20

So, not only can i not seem to install the new roster from scratch, but I cant log in to my admin interface either...Maybe I have a bad version of Dragonfly?

At this point I'm at a loss. My current Web Host won't upgrade to newer versions of mySQL or anythine either...so....I guess I'm stuck. :(
Nemir
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Re: Having problems installling...

Postby RottGutt » Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:12 am

See if this post helps:

http://wowroster.net/Forums/viewtopic/t=253.html

By the way, if you are using the DragonFly CMS, then you do NOT need to run the install.php file! Just browse to your Admin section of DragonFly, then Modules, then find WoWRosterDF in the Modules sections and click "Install". The module's coding will do all the work for you, as long as you uploaded it correctly. The instructions you have been reading are for the PHP-Nuke version of WoWRoster. I know this because I tried following them the first time I installed WoWRosterDF, and all it did was cause a LOT of confusion and errors, including the one you are now getting. So, to summarize installation on the DragonFly CMS:

1) Completely remove ALL the WoWRoster files from your server.
2) Make sure you have the CORRECT version of WoWRosterDF, as it is CMS specific. You want: http://www.wowroster.net/Downloads/details/id=17.html
3) Upload the files to your server, following the correct folder structure. You do not need to CHMOD anything.
4) Log into your site as the Administrator.
5) Browse to the "Modules" section of the Admin page.
6) Find WoWRosterDF in the list of Modules you have on your site.
7) Click the word "Install" on the right side of the line.
8) Configure WoWRosterDF to your specifications.

That's it! I hope it helps.
Last edited by RottGutt on Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:26 am, edited 5 times in total.
RottGutt
WR.net Journeyman
WR.net Journeyman

Postby Nemir » Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:56 am

I'll try that out when I get home from work. Thanx so much Rottgutt. :)
Nemir
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Re: Having problems installling...

Postby RottGutt » Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:42 am

Nemir wrote:I'll try that out when I get home from work. Thanx so much Rottgutt. :)

No problem man! One other thing, make sure that you have both CharacterProfiler AND GuildProfiler installed as add-ons in WoW, and that you dump your profile in WoW with both of them before you try to upload your CharacterProfiler.lua the first time. When I first started I did not have the GuildProfiler add-on, and when trying to upload my CharacterProfiler.lua I kept getting errors that it could not find my Guild. Using both of the above add-ons quickly fixed the problem. Good luck!

RottGutt
RottGutt
WR.net Journeyman
WR.net Journeyman

Postby Nemir » Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:36 pm

Yeah, I got it all working. Thanx for all the help :)

You guys are awesome.

(Oh. And I'm a girl by the way :P)
Nemir
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Return to Dragonfly