WoWRosterDF Alpha updates

Dragonfly integration forum

Postby Anaxent » Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:35 am

AS you know there has been some really nice changes with in roster 1.7.0 and im sure even better ones to come. Adelthor has been testing our Alpha project and one of the key advancments of the WoWRosterDF Project is being able to have multiable installations of the roster using diffent guilds and being able to share all of the rosters images between them. So far it seems we had a few glitches with some of the varables used but we are getting on track. Adelthor has Seccesfully added 2 rosters to his DragonflyCMS installation.

Check it out:

Install #1

Install #2
Last edited by Anaxent on Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anaxent
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team

Postby Adelthor » Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:38 am

Thanks Anax

I'll fix install one when I get home from work. Was trying out a few things to make it work

Edit: All fixed :thumleft:
Last edited by Adelthor on Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Adelthor
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby ScratchMonkey » Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:37 pm

Can I get a snapshot of the code? I've got my installation hacked to allow me to run two guilds from one copy of the files but two databases. I was hoping to move in the direction of one set of tables. No sense in re-inventing the wheel, though. ;)

My hack involved some creative mount points and grabbing conf.php from outside the mount point, but I'd rather inject the conf.php info from the Apache location block.
ScratchMonkey
WR.net Expert
WR.net Expert

Postby Adelthor » Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:04 pm

I did 3 things:

1. Copied the image folder to <drgaonfly root>\images\cvsroster\img and updated the pointing of all images to this directory

2. Modified the adlinks.inc in the \cvsroster\admin by changing all instances of cvsroster to the name of the second database, in my case cvsroster2

3. Modified the index.inc in the \cvsroster\admin directory by changing cvsroster in line 23 to the name of the second database, in my case again cvsroster2

Also, I now have 3 rosters up and running.
Adelthor
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby MemoryDump » Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:38 pm

... double posted for some reason.. got a db error too.. weird...
Last edited by MemoryDump on Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MemoryDump
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby MemoryDump » Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:40 pm

Hi there! Great job on the port to DF! I only started playing with wowroster yesterday then stumbled upon your port. (which is great since we are using DF)
Anyways, I got it working on our guild site at: http://wow.hubrisguild.com/index.php?name=cvsroster&file=index
so far so good.. :P

little things/comments
- even though I don't specify a guild logo in the settings I still get a broken image tag on the roster page.
- the realmstatus block shows up as a broken images even though the actual realmstatus code seems to work on the roster page.
- feature request I guess (and this is probably for the wowroster guys too)
-- is there a way each member who's profile has been uploaded can setup their own viewing permissions for each of the character? (like showing money, bag, bank, etc) and having it set so that if the member is logged in to the DF site they can always see those items on their profile page? (exact same way it works on the rpgoutfitters site)

otherwise.. seems to work very well.. and I'll updating as I see new uptades listed on this site.

Thanks!
-MD
MemoryDump
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Anaxent » Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:04 am

- is there a way each member who's profile has been uploaded can setup their own viewing permissions for each of the character? (like showing money, bag, bank, etc) and having it set so that if the member is logged in to the DF site they can always see those items on their profile page? (exact same way it works on the rpgoutfitters site)

Well at this time this will only be able to be done via a poted version as the standalone roster does not have user authentication. With in time after I get more of the main bugs out uf the way I will be working on a few blocks and more user authentication to tie into the WoWRosterDF.
Last edited by Anaxent on Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anaxent
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team

Re: WoWRosterDF Alpha updates

Postby MemoryDump » Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:30 pm

Anaxent wrote:
- is there a way each member who's profile has been uploaded can setup their own viewing permissions for each of the character? (like showing money, bag, bank, etc) and having it set so that if the member is logged in to the DF site they can always see those items on their profile page? (exact same way it works on the rpgoutfitters site)

Well at this time this will only be able to be done via a poted version as the standalone roster does not have user authentication. With in time after I get more of the main bugs out uf the way I will be working on a few blocks and more user authentication to tie into the WoWRosterDF.

excellent! I can't wait to test that feature out using DF authentication hopefully. :P
MemoryDump
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Anaxent » Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:49 pm

Ok guys im almost ready to upload and release a beta after the beta has been released I will also start uploading the addons that have been converted. Most of the addons so far need hardly any code changes to allow them to function in dragonfly infact at most is just the $script_path and URLs.
Anaxent
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team

Postby Adelthor » Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:56 am

Great news! I should be able to play around with it this weekend.
Adelthor
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Anaxent » Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:38 am

My biggest issue so far is really the addons as they all install fine but considering there tables are not being added to the rosters cpg_inst.php file and there for the df roster uninstaller will not uninstall them as of yet. We may need to get creative here.
Anaxent
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team

Postby Anaxent » Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:14 am

Here is a sneakpeak of wowrosterdf beta 2

http://localdefence.net/index.php?name=wowrosterdf
Anaxent
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team

Postby Adelthor » Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:17 am

Looks great!

Did you happen to test uninstalling of multiple rosters? I tried it with the Alpha code and when I uninstalled one of the versions, all of them got wiped and can't get to my modules :( I should be able to fix it when I have full access to my site later.

Any eta for itemstats?

Thanks again for all your work

Adel
Adelthor
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Korwen » Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:29 pm

Sweet I want to Beta the DF port. its been awhile since I have been here but we where on the 1.6 beta list www.wowmisfits.com I hope to get the Beta soon and be able to show off all your hard work
Korwen
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby zanix » Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:33 am

Look in the downloads area of this site
You'll find WoWRosterDF under Integration
Read the Forum Rules, the WiKi, and Search before posting!
WoWRoster v2.1 - SigGen v0.3.3.523 - WoWRosterDF
zanix
Admin
Admin
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Realm: Doomhammer (PvE) - US

Next

Return to Dragonfly