Temporary buffs reflected in stats?

Data Accuracy issues

Postby samprasfan83 » Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:39 pm

I'm not sure if it's working as intended or not, but I notice if I exit after an instance run and I still have fortitude or another buff on, the stat increase carries over into my guild's roster. I'm not positive, but I think maybe paladin auras and such carry over as well.
I imagine there is a way to determine stat bonuses indirectly using the character's talent build and equipment, and their base stats based on class and race. That's all CTProfile uses and it's been 100% accurate for me.
I don't mean to disparage your work, or compare it unfavorably to someone else's. I love what you guys have done, and WoW Roster is an amazing tool for individuals and their guild. I just prefer the stats listed in the profiles to be unbuffed, and hence on the same playing field.
I'm using the most current update for 1.12.
Thanks for all the hard work! :thumleft:
samprasfan83
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Re: Temporary buffs reflected in stats?

Postby Averen » Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:28 am

That's the problem of Character Profilier and not WoWRoster I'm afraid, go prod Calvin at RPGOutfitters.
Averen
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

Postby MattM » Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:52 am

I'm guessing that it's the problem with using tooltips to get data from the game.
MattM
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer
Gimpy Developer
Gimpy Developer

Re: Temporary buffs reflected in stats?

Postby samprasfan83 » Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:31 pm

Thanks for the reply, I sent Calvin an e-mail. He said the "modified" stats have no way to differentiate between spell buffs and item buffs. The only way to do it would be similar to CT in reverse engineering the item buffs or possibly using their tooltips.
Last edited by samprasfan83 on Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
samprasfan83
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Return to Data Accuracy