Native Roster DKP AddOn

A Native Roster DKP system
Abandoned

Native Roster DKP AddOn

Postby silverscout » Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:01 pm

Mathos you are awesome do you know that. and doing it for both formats.. Thats just sweet hotness. Once you get the parser to work for both, Could you share your code for the others.

Also, why create a new boss tracking system. Why not use the raid tracker one (which I think looks better as its catagorized). This might make your job a little quicker :)

I will glady be a testbed for you :)
silverscout
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Native Roster DKP AddOn

Postby silverscout » Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:03 pm

also may we have an ETA that you wish for this to be done (month would probably be best due to the fact that most here will try to hold you to a day)

Also, will their be authentication? lets say you want other officers to do the points but not give the admin password to?
Last edited by silverscout on Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
silverscout
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Re: Native Roster DKP AddOn

Postby Knightkittens » Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:11 pm

Mathos wrote:Small update :)
Questions to community:
* Do we really need raid attendence ? Since all info is already available in other screens
* Are there any specific requirements that are not mentioned in the previously posted feature list?
* Any other views that people might be interested in?

Keep you posted!
Mathos.

We Give:
Per Boss Kill:
Per Boss Attempt Bonus:
Knightkittens
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Lesyde » Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:41 pm

Did you use the Item-ID or the Item-Text for Drops ? We're using the German Roster and EQDKP,our Raidleaders uses german and english clients and so we have some Items with English and some with German Text. If you use the Item-ID the language of the client makes no difference.
Lesyde
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Mathos » Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:44 pm

silverscout wrote:1> will their be authentication?
2> why create a new boss tracking system?
3> ETA?

1> The password for Raid, member and Item administration in Roster DKP is different than the Roster Password.
2> I do not create a new boss tracking system. I only monitor the bosses killed during the raids and map those to the raids stored in Roster DKP.
3> ETA....I wanted this done early this week already but I havent had any time. As you might have guessed, this is done in spare time which is not always rich in amounts. I would say it should be very stable early next month.

Knightkittens wrote:1> Per Boss Kill
2> Per Boss Attempt Bonus

1> is already in there
2> Can not be done since CT_RaidTracker does not record this.
You can always add those manual but that might be a bit of a hasle.

Lesyde wrote:1> Did you use the Item-ID or the Item-Text for Drops ?
2> If you use the Item-ID the language of the client makes no difference.

1> I use ItemID and also the tooltip data is gathered from Allakhazam localised to $roster_conf['roster_lang']
Naturally some localizations must be performed before all parsing is done exactly right, but I have managed to minimize the need for it. Off course it looks nicer to localize all parameters, which can be done via the config panel in Roster DKP.
2> Indeed it does not make a difference what client-local is used. The ItemID is what matters. There are a brief number of localizations tbd for Item Stats. Otherwise +15 Stamina and that stuff will be entered in enUS. (Stamina is a bad example I think, cause that is already localized within the standard Roster Localization.)
Mathos
Gimpy Developer
Gimpy Developer

Native Roster DKP AddOn

Postby silverscout » Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:28 am

THe insane question of the day.

Can Alts be linked to their main?

Meaning Gizmo has an alt of bakes. We clump all points togather under their main character.

Can this be done? or does it have to be done manually for them?
silverscout
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Mathos » Sat Sep 09, 2006 1:19 am

It will definately not be something automatic. But naturally I anticipated something like this.

The trick here is that I will create an option to throw all points (events) to someone else. Member to Member only!
Also Guild-members can be chosen in this process.

remember here that this process will destroy all events for the old member. The member will still exist but he will not have participated in any raids nor had any other events.

Unfortunately there is no other way I can think of at this moment, to setup something else for this.

.... might be able to make a new table which contain the main member id and their alts. Shove all participation to this member auto. It will have to wait though. I am just too busy with the more important stuff :P
Mathos
Gimpy Developer
Gimpy Developer

Native Roster DKP AddOn

Postby johnnydement » Sat Sep 09, 2006 1:21 am

Ok, dkp noob question now :P

We use a 0 checksum dkp system where we roll only for epics... and give dpk only for these items, so if I buy a 16 dkp item, the rest of party will get 16/19 and I'll get -16 dkp

will this be possible?

Also, how you configure the dkp prices of items?
johnnydement
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Native Roster DKP AddOn

Postby bio72301 » Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:51 am

Like --- the first time the guild kills hakkar --- the people in that raid get a bonus.

Then after that hes worth the normal amount.

And Full raid means present from beginning to end.
bio72301
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Native Roster DKP AddOn

Postby silverscout » Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:14 am

guys, I would think that any boss you haven't killed you would go in an put the extra points in.

Then once you killed that boss. Have the admin login and change back to normal points. It is easy, It is simple.

might be able to make a new table which contain the main member id and their alts. Shove all participation to this member auto. It will have to wait though. I am just too busy with the more important stuff

That is what I was kind of thinking to.
Throw in an if statement stating if blank then move on. but then you would have to write a check to make sure the name exists. hmm yeah, we (the users) would love to just have a stable release.

Right now we are using the eqdkp with the dkp log parser program and its a pain to teach people how to use it all.
silverscout
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Native Roster DKP AddOn

Postby Mathos » Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:33 am

Okay, I have stated how the bonusses are created, and to be honest, I think it is divers enough. Put the bonusses up for the bosses, untill you killed one, and then admin the value for that boss.

I will not add any new features unless it will serve the greater community. Naturally everything will be documented when it is released and you will be able to customize the code if you have additional requirements.

Hope to have some more soon for you.
Mathos
Gimpy Developer
Gimpy Developer

Native Roster DKP AddOn

Postby johnnydement » Sat Sep 09, 2006 1:09 pm

So item based dkp will not work?
johnnydement
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Native Roster DKP AddOn

Postby Mathos » Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:33 pm

I have no clue on what you mean, 16 16/19 -16 What does it mean?

So, if you get an item 15dkp, your friend gets an item 20dkp and another one gets one for 10.....everyone gets 45dkp. Except you, tou get 30dkp and you friend gets 25dkp and the other gets 35dkp ??

How will you ever get to 0 by using a system like that ?
Last edited by Mathos on Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mathos
Gimpy Developer
Gimpy Developer

Native Roster DKP AddOn

Postby PleegWat » Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:19 pm

If you get an item for x dkp, then you get -x dkp and the rest of the group shares +x dkp

Or that's what I make of it.
I <3 /bin/bash
PleegWat
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team

Native Roster DKP AddOn

Postby johnnydement » Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:04 am

exactly, lets say I get [Seal of the Gurubashi Berserker] worth 16.5 DKp...

So I would get a -16.5 dkp

And the rest of the raid, assuming is ZG and is a 20 man will get 16.5/19 (rest of raid), so they will get +0.87 dkp each one...

So checksum is always 0 :D
Last edited by johnnydement on Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
johnnydement
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

PreviousNext

Return to DKP Wizard