Realmstatus doesn't work

Requests, feedback, and general discussion about WoWRoster
DO NOT post topics about WoWRoster AddOns here!

Re: Realmstatus doesn't work

Postby armyfreak916 » Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:39 am

I cant get it to show the staus of my Server Thrall-US can anyone help me cause these all seem to be for EU servers
armyfreak916
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby sturmy » Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:07 pm

*sigh*

I thought I sorted it all out. But unfortunately realmstatus picks up the population, realm type etc... ab fab, but not the server down status (detected during maintenance this morning)

Attached is the realmstatus.php file I use. I'm on EU realms.

Anyone with an idea would be welcome.

Once this last thing is sorted, I'll post my diffs for EU-FR pages.
Attachments
realmstatus.zip
(3.58 KiB) Downloaded 167 times
sturmy
WR.net Expert
WR.net Expert

Postby shaun.voysey » Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:24 pm

sturmy wrote:*sigh*

I thought I sorted it all out. But unfortunately realmstatus picks up the population, realm type etc... ab fab, but not the server down status (detected during maintenance this morning)

Attached is the realmstatus.php file I use. I'm on EU realms.

Anyone with an idea would be welcome.

Once this last thing is sorted, I'll post my diffs for EU-FR pages.

You missed one of my fixes.

I spotted this one a while back, when the Servers were down for an extended time.

The problem lies in the Population Variable. It is set to offline, then modified further down. :scratch:

Here is My Realmstatus code. Suitably modified. :mrgreen:
Attachments
realmstatus.zip
My Realmstatus file
(3.63 KiB) Downloaded 188 times
shaun.voysey
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Kosh » Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:41 am

New user here. Got the stuff installed, got the roster uploaded, and it shows all 200+ members fine (though I'm still getting that
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /website_URL_here/roster/admin/config.php on line 300
error. :scratch:

Anyways, the realmstatus module is giving me headaches. :( Have checked, double-checked, and triple-checked the server name, location and gametype (US, Stormreaver, PVP) and still getting the big question mark "unknown server source" image onthe realm status. I have the realm status module set to DIV, as my webserver doesn't have Freetype installed.

I just logged in, to make sure the server was up (it was ;)), and checked everything I can think of. I've searched on these forums, unsuccessfully, for a solution.

I've tried using the realmstatus.php file that shaun supplied, but am getting the same result.

:scratch:

Running the RosterDiag, I get these onthe RealmStatus module panel:

Notice: Undefined index: server_name in /website_URL_here/roster/realmstatus.php on line 334

Notice: Undefined index: servertype in /website_URL_here/roster/realmstatus.php on line 334

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by Kosh on Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:24 am, edited 3 times in total.
Kosh
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Kosh » Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:39 am

I also snagged the official blizzard realmstatus XML file to get the correct name for my realm. :)

<r n="Stormreaver" t="2" s="1" l="2"/>
Kosh
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby sturmy » Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:28 am

Thanks Shaun! I probably overlooked that out of the many other issues I had with MY realm name (Dalaran, being part of another language realm name "der rat von Dalaran", thus screwing the realm detection logic if I use any other locale than mine (frFR) which was not implemented!)

Here's what I changed for frFR locale support on realm status:

1- add to the database the EU-FR realm status page which is at:
http://www.wow-europe.com/fr/serverstatus/index.html

2- use french wordings for populations and server types:
Code: Select all
    $servertypes['frFR']= array( 'JcJ''Normal''JdR N''JdR JcJ' );

$serverpops['frFR']= array( 'Moyenne''Faible''Élevée''Max' );

3- put the appropriate population images in the image folder:
faible.png / normal.png / moyenne.png / ‰levée.png

and voila! you have the FR localization.

(note that my png talents stop at reusing the enUS png images, anyone willing to provide pngs with the french wording is welcome.

Let's just wait until the server crash or the next maintenance to confirm all is fine!
sturmy
WR.net Expert
WR.net Expert

Postby thewhiteboy » Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:51 pm

I was having the same problem as most were. The realm picture would display but would say no status source. Turned out that the roster_realmstatus table in the sql database was empty. I added my server Terenas and for servertype i put in >PvE< . That resolved my issue. Hope others find it helpful.
thewhiteboy
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Realmstatus doesn't work

Postby PleegWat » Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:02 am

thewhiteboy: That is not the correct fix. You need to configure it correctly in the roster config.

The realmstatus table is only used to cache the server status, so it doesn't have to pull it from blizzard's servers on each page request.
I <3 /bin/bash
PleegWat
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team

Postby Kosh » Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:38 am

PleegWat wrote:thewhiteboy: That is not the correct fix. You need to configure it correctly in the roster config.

And what for those of us who seem to have everything configured correctly, but it still isn't displaying properly? :scratch:
Kosh
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Realmstatus doesn't work

Postby PleegWat » Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:44 pm

If you edit that database table, and that makes it work, you're simply telling it what to display. So it'll always be showing the server is up and it still doesn't show the actual server status.
I <3 /bin/bash
PleegWat
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team

Postby thewhiteboy » Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:11 pm

PleegWat wrote:thewhiteboy: That is not the correct fix. You need to configure it correctly in the roster config.

The realmstatus table is only used to cache the server status, so it doesn't have to pull it from blizzard's servers on each page request.

guess we'll find out tuesday when they bring the servers down.
roster config was set up correctly which should update your tables right?
if the tables have no info then what? I only filled in 2 slots in the DB. server_name and servertype. The rest updated on their own.
thewhiteboy
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Realmstatus doesn't work

Postby PleegWat » Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:30 am

Strange. Zanix? You wrote it.
I <3 /bin/bash
PleegWat
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team

Realmstatus doesn't work

Postby zanix » Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:33 am

No I didn't
Nick over at http://53x11.com wrote it, I just modified it for roster and saving to the db rather than a file
Read the Forum Rules, the WiKi, and Search before posting!
WoWRoster v2.1 - SigGen v0.3.3.523 - WoWRosterDF
zanix
Admin
Admin
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Realm: Doomhammer (PvE) - US

Postby Kosh » Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:38 pm

The roster has been uploaded, and it shows all 200+ members fine (though I'm still getting that
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /website_URL_here/roster/admin/config.php on line 300
error. :scratch:

Anyways, the realmstatus module is giving me headaches. :( Have checked, double-checked, and triple-checked the server name, location and gametype (US, Stormreaver, PVP) and still getting the big question mark "unknown server source" image onthe realm status. I have the realm status module set to DIV, as my webserver doesn't have Freetype installed.

I just logged in, to make sure the server was up (it was ;)), and checked everything I can think of. I've searched on these forums, unsuccessfully, for a solution.

I've tried using the realmstatus.php file that shaun supplied, but am getting the same result.

:scratch:

Running the RosterDiag, I get these onthe RealmStatus module panel:

Notice: Undefined index: server_name in /website_URL_here/roster/realmstatus.php on line 334

Notice: Undefined index: servertype in /website_URL_here/roster/realmstatus.php on line 334

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
Kosh
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby shaun.voysey » Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:59 pm

Kosh wrote:Running the RosterDiag, I get these onthe RealmStatus module panel:

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Unfortunately, my fix was for the HTML parser side of Realmstatus. The US uses .xml files, so my fix would not do anything.

I have gone through My Realmstatus.php file and manualy tweaked the settings to your Variables, and come up with a Pic.

Stormreaver Realm Status.

The Errors you are displaying looks to me like a database error somewhere. Check to see if you have a Realmststus table in your Roster Database, and that you have content in it.

Also check you config variables to make sure you are using the 'US Server' Setting. And that the Realm name is correct, as in Case Sensitive.

Edit: Whoops. It was still tied in to my Database. Now been modified to use Variables only. No database Acces. :oops:
Last edited by shaun.voysey on Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shaun.voysey
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

PreviousNext

Return to General Support & Feedback