Reliable Host for Roster?

General chat forum
DO NOT post bugs/feature requests for WoWRoster, PvPLog, UniUploader, or UniAdmin here

Postby scapegoat » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:15 pm

I second the Dreamhost. I have had them for about a year, after using 1and1 for about 3 years. 1and1 had terrible support for me, and a lot of their managment panel was far too proprietary. Dreamhost has been super easy to use, and have had great support for a number of id10t errors that I have contacted them about.

<shameless plug>
If you decide you are interested in Dreamhost, send me a PM. If you put me down as a reference, I get a discount on my next months bill I think.
</shameless plug>
scapegoat
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Minishadow » Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:44 pm

A good free solution is Redio(german). Roster works fine an there's no advert.

there are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who don't.
Wenn die klügeren immer nachgeben regieren die Dummen die Welt.
Wer in die Fußstapfen eines großen Mannes tritt hinterläßt keine eigenen.
Minishadow
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Re: Reliable Host for Roster?

Postby Karavirs » Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:44 am

I just read through this thread. I am and have been using GoDaddy Shared Linux hosting for almost two years. I don't resell and I don't get any points for special coffee mugs. I pay about $6.00 a month and host 4 different guilds all using Dragonfly and WoWRosterDF. Regardless, bash away little difference to me.

However, GD does support MySQL 4.1 and 5.0 as well as PHP 5. If you want to create a 4.1 or 5.0 DB, change the create url from "/MySqlDBWizard.aspx" to "/MySqlDBWizard.aspx?mysql4150=TRUE". For PHP5, change your .php files to .php5 or add the following to .htaccess
Code: Select all
AddType x-mapp-php5 .php
AddHandler application/x-httpd-php5 .php
Last edited by Karavirs on Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Karavirs
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Previous

Return to General Chat