DF Guild Application w/ Recruitment Block

Dragonfly integration forum

Re: DF Guild Application w/ Recruitment Block

Postby Sinzan_82 » Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:30 am

Deeo wrote:hi, ive now installed forumspro.

The Application Modul isnt working, got the same error:

A Database Error occurs

Application Module isent working??
How about the Recruitment settings??

If none of em works u should add teh table in ur database manualy and remove the cpg_install file or what its called in ur app modlue folder..

try to add this in ur database...

Code: Select all
--
-- Table structure for table `cms_recruitment`
--

CREATE TABLE `cms_recruitment` (
  `status` varchar(32) NOT NULL default '',
  `druid` varchar(32) NOT NULL default '',
  `hunter` varchar(32) NOT NULL default '',
  `mage` varchar(32) NOT NULL default '',
  `paladin` varchar(32) NOT NULL default '',
  `priest` varchar(32) NOT NULL default '',
  `rogue` varchar(32) NOT NULL default '',
  `shaman` varchar(32) NOT NULL default '',
  `warlock` varchar(32) NOT NULL default '',
  `warrior` varchar(32) NOT NULL default ''
) TYPE=MyISAM;

--
-- Dumping data for table `cms_recruitment`
--

INSERT INTO `cms_recruitment` VALUES ('Open', 'Medium', 'High', 'Low', 'High', 'Low', 'Medium', 'High', 'Low', 'High');
Sinzan_82
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby scapegoat » Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:48 pm

maybe I'm just a dolt... but where are you all downloading this block/module from?

I know its not done yet.. but you are all obviously testing it. How? hehe
scapegoat
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby robojerk » Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:15 pm

scapegoat wrote:maybe I'm just a dolt... but where are you all downloading this block/module from?

I know its not done yet.. but you are all obviously testing it. How? hehe

Go back 1 page of this thread.

http://wowroster.net/Forums/viewtopic/p ... html#18625
For the Horde!
robojerk
WR.net Master
WR.net Master

Postby scapegoat » Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:58 am

aww geez.

you could have just made a post saying: " dolt. "

hehe. I musta cruised over this thread half a dozen times. Thanks for link!
scapegoat
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby scapegoat » Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:51 am

Well, the install of both module and block went well for me; no issues to be seen. The default database options in appconfig worked for me, and I was able to adjust the other variables to my liking. Everything posted to my forums (forumspro) with no issue. Sweeet.

I do have some color schemeing/themeing issues that I put up in another thread, but those are probably more DF than they are this module.

However, there is this:

Code: Select all
modules/Application/request_form.php

* Warning line 27: Missing argument 1 for requestform(), called in /home/xxxxxxx/xxxxxxx/xxxxxxx/modules/Application/index2.php on line 45 and defined

I see this error at the bottom of the application form page. I don't see it on my normal theme, but it shows up on the default DF theme. My guess is that its there on my theme also, but the theme doesnt show it. Anyhoo. I haven't seen it cause any problems yet, and haven't investigated it further to see what the error is about.
Last edited by scapegoat on Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
scapegoat
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Anaxent » Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:07 am

ah I have been trying to get this module to also register the user to the site which will then send out an activation email to that user or let the admin aprove it from that point. So there is some stuff still lingering in that page and a few others.

So I was thinking....(ah man my head hurts).
I think I would like all users that register actually get an account setup for the site then we use group permissions to keep them from viewing guild members areas. Im sure we can create a trigger file to check all users against the guild members list and add all guildies to a guild members group and then break each member down to there own group based off of rank. This will allow everyone to register to the site to recieve emails and keep users from trying to register using the same email address they have used before. This could also allow a better recruitment system as we will be able to contact these users much easier when we do decide that they are needed or now have room for them in the guild.

With all that in mind Im glad this has worked for most of you guys and I hope to make more time to finish this project.
Anaxent
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team

Postby scapegoat » Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:49 am

Sounds good to me!

My sites usually have a setup where part of the forums are public view/post, part are restricted to view/posting by registered users, and part restricted to a group (officers).

I kinda like the idea of having applicants get auto-registered for the site, so long as:

1) access stays relatively restricted until they are fully approved. I suppose I would have to make a Members group for my main forums, and then have a section that applicants could access as Registered Users

2) linking applicants to registration doesn't hinder the normal registration process. If a person has been in the guild a long time and finally decides to use the website, they should just have to register and get approved by admin, without having to "apply" to the guild.

3) Most important to me: some way to verify (perhaps against Armory?) that the name someone applies with (and therefore has a DF account created for) is an actual character name on the WoW server.

I don't want the character Burninate on my server to apply to the guild, only to get registered on the website as MyNameIsSteve, because thats what he typed in.

To keep things as organized and easy to manage as possible, i try to require that only a persons Main toon name is what they register to the site with, and we currently don't allow registration without a person being in the guild in game first, so this is easy to control. Every now and then I just compare the DF member list to my Roster, and do site cleanup. This wouldn't be possible if we allowed applicant registrations, since they aren't in the guild yet. Armory sounds like the solution. =)

Sorry for all the long winded posts lately.

Keep up the good work; I am sure its all much more appreciated than you get credit for!
scapegoat
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby robojerk » Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:24 am

I think making the application attempt to verify that a user name matches the character name via Armory will make the process a little more complicated than what it needs to be.

This does raise some ideas in my head about maintaining only guild members have access to private areas of your website and using WoWRoaster and this application module.

I don't require my guild members to sign up on the website with their toon name as I'm sure there are other guilds out there that don't (it does make maintenance of your member group way easier though).

A solution that might be worth looking into would be creating a new field called 'character' or something under the cms_users_fields. Then when the person applies to the guild via the Application module the character name of the main is inputted into this field. Then maybe someone could write a WoWRosterDF Addon that compares your 'guild member' group to the roster. If there are accounts in the group that have characters that are not on the roster (someone quit or /removed) it shows them in the report.

Then just remove them.. Using Armory would completely automate things but it also could over complicate the application module and add attack risks to your website.

The way I suggested is more conservative and not at all to difficult to do.
For the Horde!
robojerk
WR.net Master
WR.net Master

Postby robojerk » Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:39 am

292 posts! Do I level in 8 more posts.
Last edited by robojerk on Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
For the Horde!
robojerk
WR.net Master
WR.net Master

Postby zanix » Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:01 am

I think it's 400 for the max rank
(I believe I'm there and back again, LoL)

EDIT: Yep, 6.5425 times the max...wow
Last edited by zanix on Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Read the Forum Rules, the WiKi, and Search before posting!
WoWRoster v2.1 - SigGen v0.3.3.523 - WoWRosterDF
zanix
Admin
Admin
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Realm: Doomhammer (PvE) - US

Postby scapegoat » Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:41 am

I agree that having it check the armory for character names it probably more complicated than things should be, and that not all guilds would even want to use this feature if it existed. But yeah; management is way easy =)

Though, DF allows the site admins to change a users name. phpNuke didn't allow this (other than through db manipulation). Worst case, people do what they want when signing up, and when I find out who they are, I just manually change their site id and let them know via email or in game. I was just suggesting options. Lord knows, I can't put any of it in place myself anyway =)

Do I need to hit 100 posts to Ding?
scapegoat
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby zanix » Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:25 am

Read the Forum Rules, the WiKi, and Search before posting!
WoWRoster v2.1 - SigGen v0.3.3.523 - WoWRosterDF
zanix
Admin
Admin
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Realm: Doomhammer (PvE) - US

Postby scapegoat » Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:19 pm

heh, yeah. I found that about 2 minutes after I posted. oh well.

23 left. =D
scapegoat
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Razac » Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:50 pm

Sorry. been sick the last 2 weeks.

Sure im willing to give it a go Anex..

Currently my version doesnt post to forum or auto add the user to the site.

I set it up to store the info to a new table, and then allow only members inthe officers group to view the entire application.

I wasnt fond of the idea of auto adding them to the site, as I prefered only guild members to register and if they do not make the cut then they are not members :)

But this is not entirely out of the question.

I would have to switch to Forumspro to bother with the forum posting. well dont have to but would :)

let me know what you need Anex..
Razac
WR.net Journeyman
WR.net Journeyman

Postby Anaxent » Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:40 pm

Razac, I like the idea of posting to the db and then allowing the officers to view them over from that point I would like an approve option so our officers/leaders can approve there own recruits which at that time will add them to the sites and to a members group maybe or maybe to a group of choice from what is avaliable. this only works for ForumsPro only because I have not added the reg forums posting function which when added can be a switch for either posting to reg or fpro.
Anaxent
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team

PreviousNext

Return to Dragonfly