[ 2.00a ] NetherPanel -- Now cleans up unused addons and SVs

Support and feedback for NetherPanel
AKA java UniUploader

Do you recon jUniUploader is ready for the BETA tag?

ALPHA: I feel there's still quite a few things that go wrong or quite a few features missing.
46%
BETA: jUniUploader has been running quite smoothly in this latest release. It does everything I need it to do.
38%
RELEASE: Are you kidding me? This stuff runs better than my car does! Release it already!
15%

Total votes : 13

Re: [ 2.00a ] NetherPanel -- Now cleans up unused addons and

Postby rrhode » Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:33 am

I am just trying to help you fix bugs and whatnot so I hope you don't think I am being picky or whatever =) It's ok if you do though. I am a developer too and I love when people tell me all these little things. Makes it easier for me.

It was much faster the 2nd time to start but it never came into the foreground. I had to click it on the task bar for it to come up.

One of the other tips that stay popped up is when I am adding a password into the profile. Sometimes other hover tips stay popped up on here too.

Also, I am not sure that the GuildProfiler.lua requires any uploading. It doesn't in UniUploader. It contains no data. Its all in CharacterProfiler.

The upload progress bars seem to be a bit confused sometimes. They jump around while steadily increasing. Not sure why this is.

It seems to take an unusually long time to upload the data to the site. UniUploader was quick. I know you told me a reason for this before but I don't see why it has to take so long. Also it is uploading characters that don't exist anymore because they were deleted, and they don't exist in the guild either so it shouldn't upload them simply because of that.

It isn't uploading PvPLog by default either like it should I don't think.
rrhode
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby lhunath » Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:54 am

Yeah, I am definately glad you're telling me about all the small things. It's the only way I'll notice them and I definately want to fix everything that doesnt work properly.

I noticed that NP pops to the foreground on my mac but not on windows. I'm not sure why windows won't foreground it.... *glare*

Will look into the other things. Been quite busy today so haven't gotten round to fixing anything in NP. Pregnant wife and such ;p
Last edited by lhunath on Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"OK, so ten out of ten for style, but minus several million for good thinking, yeah?"
-- Zaphod Beeblebrox

= NetherPanel: home - launch - tickets =
lhunath
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Postby rrhode » Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:34 am

Congrats!!! =)

I'm in no hurry but I will help you however I can. Just let me know.

Take care!
rrhode
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby lhunath » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:18 pm

Can I get a report from people to see whether the version of NetherPanel I just uploaded fixes uploading character data to the roster for everybody?
"OK, so ten out of ten for style, but minus several million for good thinking, yeah?"
-- Zaphod Beeblebrox

lhunath
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Postby sturmy » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:54 am

Yes Lhunath, that fixed it for me (on the fr locale, FYI)

By the way, do you still need help for translations to NetherPanel? I gave a hand on UniAdmin some time ago, would be glad to help on NetherPanel...
sturmy
WR.net Expert
WR.net Expert

Postby lhunath » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:25 am

Yeah; but I need to first make it a bit easier to translate things and easier to maintain translations as NetherPanel evolves further.

Thanks a *lot* for the offer, though.
-- Zaphod Beeblebrox

lhunath
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Postby tuigii » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:56 am

rrhode wrote:Also it is uploading characters that don't exist anymore because they were deleted, and they don't exist in the guild either so it shouldn't upload them simply because of that.

I think NetherPanel is just iterating over all "account directories", and if it fnd a CP.lua file, it throws it at the roster.

Actually, not a bad thing, except that it eat up some cpu cycles and bandwith.

Question : UniAdmin doesn't expose a data value thats says "I only want CP.lua files that contains chars from the Guild named X" [note : WoWroster IS multi Guilded ^^ - the logic is gona be funny]
So, this has te be set up CORRECTLY (not all can spell their Guild name - one has to chose in live : school or joining a MMORPG :wink: ) in a field in Netherpanel, so it can FILTER the needed CP.lua files.

Anyway, saw the latest version - and it was really looking great.
Hooked it up to my UniAdmin in a snap for teh settings, synced addons - and sending my CP.lua away in 60 sec.

The bad thing : found a friend with a MAC (because THEY are gona love your tool)...... but : your site was down :cry:
tuigii
WR.net Master
WR.net Master

Postby lhunath » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:22 pm

Yeah; the bastards claim they lost power there; it's been down for several hours now. I ought to sue them for damages; a company website runs off of that server, too.
-- Zaphod Beeblebrox

lhunath
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Postby PleegWat » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:08 pm

UA isn't tied to roster like UU isn't tied to roster - they're designed to work on different formats as well. However, it should be possible to push a set of upload rules with the configuration.
I <3 /bin/bash
PleegWat
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team

Postby lhunath » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:12 pm

The NetherPanel server is back; FYI.

By the way; you CAN select which accounts to upload CP.lua for in NetherPanel. It's just that if you don't; it iterates over them all as a healthy default to make the program work well initially for pretty much anybody without much need for configuration.
Last edited by lhunath on Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-- Zaphod Beeblebrox

lhunath
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Previous

Return to NetherPanel