[ 2.00a ] NetherPanel -- Now cleans up unused addons and SVs

Support and feedback for NetherPanel
AKA java UniUploader

Do you recon jUniUploader is ready for the BETA tag?

ALPHA: I feel there's still quite a few things that go wrong or quite a few features missing.
46%
BETA: jUniUploader has been running quite smoothly in this latest release. It does everything I need it to do.
38%
RELEASE: Are you kidding me? This stuff runs better than my car does! Release it already!
15%

Total votes : 13

jUniUploader - Rereleased!

Postby lhunath » Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:18 pm

jUU updated to 0.9.4. See changelogs for main feature implementations. Config file is not 100% compatible; incompatible settings will be reset to their defaults.

Updating this post and the download section now. You should be able to use the update feature in jUU itself to update to the latest version if you already have jUU.
"OK, so ten out of ten for style, but minus several million for good thinking, yeah?"
-- Zaphod Beeblebrox

= NetherPanel: home - launch - tickets =
lhunath
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Re: jUniUploader - Rereleased!

Postby lemba » Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:09 pm

Hi,
first of all i would like to thank you for this great rerelease!

Is it possible to have the default-upload adress configurable, that my guildies could just start jUU from our guild homepage?
Last edited by lemba on Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lemba
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby lhunath » Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:34 pm

Certainly possible; I'll make it so that the very first time you start jUU it asks you the upload address, instead of defaulting to the Androgynous one. Also, I'll see about using WebStart to fill in a guild default for it so that using WebStart won't require you to fill one in the first time, even. Not making any promises, but I'll look into that.

Thanks for the request.
"OK, so ten out of ten for style, but minus several million for good thinking, yeah?"
-- Zaphod Beeblebrox

lhunath
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Postby lemba » Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:29 am

Thank you very much, i appreciate your efforts.
lemba
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby lhunath » Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:26 pm

Releasing 0.9.5.

This release fixes several bugs that were introduced in 0.9.4. It also completely repackages the application, so I highly recommend you delete your old jUniUploader directory.

See the downloads section or the first post here for download.
Last edited by lhunath on Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-- Zaphod Beeblebrox

lhunath
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Postby gorgeth » Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:44 pm

umm not to be a downer or anything but..

.95 eats all non-ace non-uniadmin addons from users interface folder ... is this a known issue? or something completely fubar?

It did a great job of updating ace mods, and installed charprofiler from rpg-outfitters beautifully... but we cannot have it eating all "unapproved" mods the users would not be happy *at all* :)
gorgeth
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

[ 0.9.5 ] jUniUploader -- Mark II

Postby lhunath » Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:49 pm

*eats*?

As in .. deletes?

I would be surprized; the only files jUniUploader deletes are certain files in an addon folder that are not present in the ZIP that's downloaded; and that's only if the 'remove unknown files' option is enabled.

If possible, could you verify this? If you can, I will see whether I can reproduce this with me. This is indeed a serious issue if it ends up being jUniUploader.
-- Zaphod Beeblebrox

lhunath
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Re: [ 0.9.5 ] jUniUploader -- Mark II

Postby gorgeth » Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:14 am

lhunath wrote:*eats*?

As in .. deletes?

I would be surprized; the only files jUniUploader deletes are certain files in an addon folder that are not present in the ZIP that's downloaded; and that's only if the 'remove unknown files' option is enabled.

If possible, could you verify this? If you can, I will see whether I can reproduce this with me. This is indeed a serious issue if it ends up being jUniUploader.

Yeah sorry to throw suspicion on juniuploader lol, it seems that it being 4am or so when i was testing, i nuked the /addon zips files but didnt actually remove them from UA, so it through (rightly so) that i wanted the old mods nuked.. carry on!
gorgeth
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby lhunath » Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:46 am

Eh, okay, glad you have it cleared up =P
-- Zaphod Beeblebrox

lhunath
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Postby gorgeth » Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:50 am

lhunath wrote:Eh, okay, glad you have it cleared up =P

new issue now.. with ace addon downloads...

I run an almost entire ace2 setup.. (in short i have 86 www.wowace.com/files files trying to be updated)

The downloading take a bit of time (duh) but the "install addons" button never lights up once its done.. I can go through and manually deselect all of the mods and do them one at a time (please to add a checkbox to select/deselect all soon!) but the full batch never will allow the update to actually complete.
gorgeth
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby lhunath » Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:07 am

Is the progress bar still running? Does it show any text on the progress bar, at all? Are any other buttons reactivated?

Also, I can add a select all / none button. I'm redesigning the whole addon manager anyway.
Last edited by lhunath on Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
-- Zaphod Beeblebrox

lhunath
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Postby gorgeth » Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:41 am

lhunath wrote:Is the progress bar still running? Does it show any text on the progress bar, at all? Are any other buttons reactivated?

Also, I can add a select all / none button. I'm redesigning the whole addon manager anyway.

Progress completes, button on bottom changes from download to install, but it it doesnt ever become clickable..

Also the selection process (switching from update to ignore) seemed.. sluggish (ui appearance as if it was thinking hard after each item was clicked.. that could have been simply my pc, or the program itself, I have not had time to test on other machines yet)
gorgeth
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

[ 0.9.6 ] jUniUploader -- Mark II

Postby lhunath » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:13 am

Hmm, in any case, let me know if there's any change with this newer version.

Released 0.9.6.

Main changes:
- Addon Manager redesigned.
- Added a few hidden settings to the settings page (homepage/forum page/post variables)
-- Zaphod Beeblebrox

lhunath
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

[ 0.9.7 ] jUniUploader -- Mark II

Postby lhunath » Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:28 am

Updated to 0.9.7

From this version on all source code is available for download from the jUniUploader homepage (GPL licensed).

- Mostly internal structure works, integrity improvements and more bugfixes to work towards a stable Beta very soon now.
- Added ability to specify multiple upload sites.
-- Zaphod Beeblebrox

lhunath
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

[ 0.9.8 ] jUniUploader -- Mark II

Postby lhunath » Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:45 am

0.9.8 uploaded.

Main features:
- Parses CharacterProfiler and splits it up to upload it in parts (Each part is one alt of yours, per account). This prevents OOM errors in the PHP code of rosters when the file is too big (you have too many alts).
-- Zaphod Beeblebrox

lhunath
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

PreviousNext

Return to NetherPanel