[ 2.00a ] NetherPanel -- Now cleans up unused addons and SVs

Support and feedback for NetherPanel
AKA java UniUploader

Do you recon jUniUploader is ready for the BETA tag?

ALPHA: I feel there's still quite a few things that go wrong or quite a few features missing.
46%
BETA: jUniUploader has been running quite smoothly in this latest release. It does everything I need it to do.
38%
RELEASE: Are you kidding me? This stuff runs better than my car does! Release it already!
15%

Total votes : 13

jUniUploader - Rereleased!

Postby robojerk » Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:21 am

How do I change the website address and guild forums address? Whenever I try to change them in the .jUUrc file the program just defaults back to your settings (all settings revert to default).

Also is there a way to have the user enter a user name and password, it's needed for guilds using WoWRosterDF to upload their character profile (info here).
For the Horde!
robojerk
WR.net Master
WR.net Master

Postby Sagittarius » Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:11 am

look at this for the website adress and forum adress

http://wowroster.net/Forums/viewtopic/t=3230.html
Sagittarius
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby lhunath » Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:45 am

About your question to do with the website URLs; Sagittarius is correct with the URL he points you to. I've added that question to the FAQ (for completeness sake, that URL again: http://wowroster.net/Forums/viewtopic/t=3230.html ).

The reason for this is that when you change it in the config file and start the application; it syncs with UniAdmin. If UniAdmin's url is still set to that one of the Androgynous guild (my guild); it will revert the URLs to those fetched from Androgynous' UniAdmin.

So all you need to do is set your Sync URL to that of your guild and have your guild's UniAdmin specify the two variables explained on the FAQ I pointed you to.

Good Luck!

PS./ About WowRosterDF; I previously had no clue about the existance of it, nor how it works. I'll talk to some people that know more to find out how uploading to it works. That way I can hopefully soon implement support for it as well. I'd like a WowRosterDF I can test things with, though.
"OK, so ten out of ten for style, but minus several million for good thinking, yeah?"
-- Zaphod Beeblebrox

= NetherPanel: home - launch - tickets =
lhunath
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Postby PleegWat » Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:18 pm

I don't think WRDF is any different from UU's POV, except that it needs a user+pass sent rather than just a pass.
I <3 /bin/bash
PleegWat
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team

Postby robojerk » Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:33 pm

I think that is the only difference too.
For the Horde!
robojerk
WR.net Master
WR.net Master

Postby robojerk » Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:45 pm

I just noticed that jUniUploader isn't syncing the PRIMARYURL from UniAdmin. It's still set to androgynous-guild.. the url I want to set it to is blacktemplars.org/index.php?name=Roster&file=update .
For the Horde!
robojerk
WR.net Master
WR.net Master

Postby Sagittarius » Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:26 am

i think that is due to jre 5 with version 6 the url was updated
Sagittarius
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby robojerk » Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:00 am

I have the latest release version of java installed and only the latest release version.

After experimenting (i borrowed a few URL's to other people UA websites) I can get it to update, but it seems picky about when it wants to update.

It seems I have to sync with UniAdmin a couple of times before it saves.
Last edited by robojerk on Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
For the Horde!
robojerk
WR.net Master
WR.net Master

Postby lhunath » Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:27 am

Did the operation log say anything whenever it refused to sync with a new url? Can you give me a few urls that don't like to work easily?
"OK, so ten out of ten for style, but minus several million for good thinking, yeah?"
-- Zaphod Beeblebrox

lhunath
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Postby robojerk » Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:28 am

I can get it to work now. I just need to click on "manually update" setting sync a few times for it to work. It doesn't seem to sync all the settings on first go, sometimes it does sometimes it doesn't. log is the same no matter if it syncs correctly or not.

As for getting it to upload to WoWRosterDF, it needs to be able to send a username and password that matches their website account info, and the user agent needs to be added to the list. DragonflyCMS blocks all unknown user agents. jUniUploader has the name Java as it's user agent. That's the only difference.
For the Horde!
robojerk
WR.net Master
WR.net Master

Postby zanix » Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:51 am

jUU should have uniuploader for its useragent, or at least part of it somehere

I already discussed this with lhunath some time ago, guess he forgot
Last edited by zanix on Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Read the Forum Rules, the WiKi, and Search before posting!
WoWRoster v2.1 - SigGen v0.3.3.523 - WoWRosterDF
zanix
Admin
Admin
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Realm: Doomhammer (PvE) - US

Postby lhunath » Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:32 pm

I assume the exact name of the post variables I need to send for authentcation are 'username' and 'password'? Optionally enablable in the setting? I can add that for the next release.

About the UA, yeah, I don't think I added the code to set UA headers. I meant to, but I guess I just forgot when I wrote that piece of code. Will add that as well. Will the UA that we discussed allow authentication by DragonFly? (UA: UniUploader 2.0 (jUU2 0.9.3; English))
-- Zaphod Beeblebrox

lhunath
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Postby zanix » Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:56 pm

lhunath wrote:I assume the exact name of the post variables I need to send for authentcation are 'username' and 'password'? Optionally enablable in the setting? I can add that for the next release.

I'm not sure to be honest, but it is a good idea to allow those to be editable
Personally I would go the route that the original jUU handled it
The add pair button where you would add the variable name, then it's value (with the option to md5 encrypt it)

On that note, the old jUU allowed different SV files and different post variables sent to different upload URLs
The was one of the key features of jUU that I liked because I could send CP.lua to many different site (all my roster dev pages, my guild's roster, and rpgo)

lhunath wrote:About the UA, yeah, I don't think I added the code to set UA headers. I meant to, but I guess I just forgot when I wrote that piece of code. Will add that as well. Will the UA that we discussed allow authentication by DragonFly? (UA: UniUploader 2.0 (jUU2 0.9.3; English))

That should be just fine
Read the Forum Rules, the WiKi, and Search before posting!
WoWRoster v2.1 - SigGen v0.3.3.523 - WoWRosterDF
zanix
Admin
Admin
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Realm: Doomhammer (PvE) - US

Postby lhunath » Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:50 pm

What I'm hoping for is somebody to tell me in technical specifics what DragonFly requires for the upload of the file. Vague hints such as, "send a username and password" or "possibly md5 encrypt it" isn't going to get me anywhere. I need the exact request variables that are accepted by DragonFly and how they work. Is DragonFly opensource so I can at least dig through it if nobody knows the specifics?

I dread going back to the old jUU's code; it was pretty messy. I feel it looks like I'll have to, though.

By the way; the thread "UniUploader/WoWRosterDF 1.7.3.0" does not provide any decent specifics either.

Something tells me nobody here's used to reading UNIX manual pages =)
Last edited by lhunath on Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-- Zaphod Beeblebrox

lhunath
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Postby robojerk » Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:53 pm

Dragonfly is open source. http://dragonflycms.org/Downloads/details/id=28.html

First, the user agent on JUU needs to be changed just so it can be allowed to access the update page on WoWRosterDF.

WoWRosterDF requires a username and password be filled in UniUploader in order to upload successfully.

Some sites have required to send securely, some don't work if send secure is enabled (mine doesn't work with MD5 enabled, Anaxent's site won't work without it). I don't think anyone has ever figured out why that is.

settings.ini wrote:ADDVARNAME1 -> ulogin
ADDVARNAME2 -> user_password
ADDVARVAL1 -> {DF website username}
ADDVARVAL2 -> {DF website password}
SENDPWSECURE -> {Required for some sites, won't work with others}
Last edited by robojerk on Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
For the Horde!
robojerk
WR.net Master
WR.net Master

PreviousNext

Return to NetherPanel