[FIXED] RoA's Impressions of jUU

Support and feedback for NetherPanel
AKA java UniUploader

RoA's Impressions of jUU

Postby lhunath » Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:21 am

I'm afraid whomever wrote that documentation is quite mislead.

The "enabled" checkbox in UniAdmin serves to toggle a setting for export to (j)UniAdmin. If the checkbox is not selected, (j)UniAdmin doesn't SEE the setting. If it IS selected, (j)UniAdmin sees whatever you set for the setting. For example, the SYSTRAY setting can be either Yes or No, and when it's Enabled checkbox is on, jUU will read that Yes or No value when it syncs and use it as the default. If the Enabled checkbox is not checked, jUU won't see a Yes or a No for SYSTRAY, and assume an internal default for its systray setting.

There is no functionality in UniAdmin that can be used to make a certain setting 'required'.

Sorry. Talk to Zanix. :P
Last edited by lhunath on Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
"OK, so ten out of ten for style, but minus several million for good thinking, yeah?"
-- Zaphod Beeblebrox

= NetherPanel: home - launch - tickets =
lhunath
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Re: RoA's Impressions of jUU

Postby ds » Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:50 am

lhunath wrote:I'm afraid whomever wrote that documentation is quite mislead.

The "enabled" checkbox in UniAdmin serves to toggle a setting for export to (j)UniAdmin. If the checkbox is not selected, (j)UniAdmin doesn't SEE the setting. If it IS selected, (j)UniAdmin sees whatever you set for the setting. For example, the SYSTRAY setting can be either Yes or No, and when it's Enabled checkbox is on, jUU will read that Yes or No value when it syncs and use it as the default. If the Enabled checkbox is not checked, jUU won't see a Yes or a No for SYSTRAY, and assume an internal default for its systray setting.

There is no functionality in UniAdmin that can be used to make a certain setting 'required'.

Sorry. Talk to Zanix. :P

I know this. I was mistaken when I called it 'required'. However if the setting is 'enabled' in UniAdmin it is intended to overwrite the setting in UU, jUU or phpUU no matter what the user has set it to. jUU really needs to honor this functionality.
ds
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

RoA's Impressions of jUU

Postby lhunath » Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:57 am

Hmm. Okay, so UniAdmin no longer defines defaults but defines required settings.

Edit: Implemented in 0.9.14
Last edited by lhunath on Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
"OK, so ten out of ten for style, but minus several million for good thinking, yeah?"
-- Zaphod Beeblebrox

lhunath
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

RoA's Impressions of jUU

Postby lhunath » Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:46 am

Fixed in 0.9.14.
-- Zaphod Beeblebrox

lhunath
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Previous

Return to NetherPanel