question about uniuploader

Support and feedback for UniUploader
UniUploader requires microsoft .net runtimes!

Postby blackbunnynl » Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:20 am

halli i have a question abou uniuploader

what kind of username and pass yuo have to fill in can someone explain this to me plz

already thanks
Last edited by blackbunnynl on Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
blackbunnynl
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby MattM » Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:29 pm

its usually the roster update password

in some setups, its the users' forum user/pass

some its the cms forum user/pass

it depends on how exactly uu is being used for.

NEVER Put your WoW credentials in there.
MattM
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer
Gimpy Developer
Gimpy Developer

Postby tuigii » Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:16 am

Clear.
But: do you imagine how may people just don’t get it – and using there WoW credentials anyway?
This is just one reason that I stopped URL logging on my webserver. If it falls in wrong hands, problems will arrive.
I took down a 2 month apache server log (rather huge) and I grepped for fun and I found a couple of these right away.

I knew already one, my friend is actually an GM of a Guild that I ‘roster’ maintain – and he gave his codes to me for maintenance reasons – I trust him – he trust me….

But he wasn’t the only one who made this mistake – I found 5 more people sending their ‘secret words’.

Scary & amazing.
People just don't read [or don't get it]
Last edited by tuigii on Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
tuigii
WR.net Master
WR.net Master

Re: question about uniuploader

Postby Baddice » Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:46 pm

tuigii wrote:Clear.

Read what about what. I have tried to find any documentation on how that programm works and still I have no good answers. The topics all answer just one part of the many there are about the programm. Where do I have to put what, what link do I have to put where and to what .php file (there is a mentioning about linking to blabla/yaddayadda/whateverfile.php, but what file is that?).

I have installed the roster and it works alsmost great, but to install the addons I have to post question after question on these forums and hoping I will get an answer. Is there no readme.txt of other documentation about how the addons & programms work or should just everybody take an IT course so they already know what to do with what.
Baddice
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby zanix » Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:24 pm

Read the Forum Rules, the WiKi, and Search before posting!
WoWRoster v2.1 - SigGen v0.3.3.523 - WoWRosterDF
zanix
Admin
Admin
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Realm: Doomhammer (PvE) - US

Postby swampy » Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:32 pm

Baddice wrote:I have installed the roster and it works alsmost great, but to install the addons I have to post question after question on these forums and hoping I will get an answer. Is there no readme.txt of other documentation about how the addons & programms work or should just everybody take an IT course so they already know what to do with what.

WoWRoster and all its addons are written by people on a voluntary basis and can be improved by the community. If you have an issue with the addon installation documentation why not contribute through the Wiki?
swampy
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby tuigii » Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:40 am

Baddice wrote:
tuigii wrote:Clear.

Read what about what. .....

About people using access codes in places where they not belong.

Baddice wrote:I have installed the roster and it works alsmost great, but to install the addons I have to post question after question on these forums and hoping I will get an answer. Is there no readme.txt of other documentation about how the addons & programms work or should just everybody take an IT course so they already know what to do with what.

Btw : No IT course.... before octobre 2006 I didn't even knew this stuff existed (or Blizzard for that matter) - I read a lot - this forum and the Wiki are really informative, and now I have more then 250 Guildies lined up in several WoWRroster(s).
For the rosters Add On's, basically, I FTP them in on the right place and off the go....

PS: Your subject is off-topic :wink:
tuigii
WR.net Master
WR.net Master

Return to UniUploader