Joomla Integration Guide

Joomla/Mambo integration forum

Re: Joomla Integration Guide

Postby Thumann » Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:12 pm

Equisetum wrote:Hi all,

As of today (Sunday, 9/3/06) the joomlastuff.org website is down, so I can't get the files necessary to install the phpBB portion. Does anyone have a mirror or other ideas?

Yeah.. not sure what they've done to the site :)

I got a mirror of the files.. send me a pm for access..
Regs. Thumann
http://fc-guild.org | Go Joomla! | Author of the Joomla Integration Guide
Thumann
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

Postby andros » Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:26 pm

Hey Thumann!

Got a question for you, as always :-)... I have integrated anything possible on our guild website with the wrapper stuff, but I have got a problem with the FindParty roster module. You can check it out here: http://chimera.modamusic.it/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=55.

The problem is that when I select a region the new webpage opens up in a totally new windows instead of the wrapper.

I think I found out the issue to be in the file questlist.php in this lines:
Code: Select all
<select name="zoneid" onchange="href=top.location.this.options[this.selectedIndex].value">

<select name="questid" onchange="top.location.href=this.options[this.selectedIndex].value">

But since I have no skill in javascript I really have no idea how to solve this... do you have any clue maybe?

Thank you very much!
Andrea
ImageImageImageImage
andros
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Joomla Integration Guide

Postby macrokilla » Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:45 am

The guide is great but i've got some problems that i can't fix.

1. When installing the phpbb component v1.2.4 RC6 i get the following:
Click here to start phpBB install"; } ?>
Fatal error: Call to undefined function com_install() in C:\apache2\htdocs\administrator\components\com_installer\component\component.class.php on line 193

I get the menu-items so i don't know if this error actually is a problem after all

2. Since I already have a user database for phpbb i want to use it. When trying to do this i noticed the following:
"Make sure you've run the upgrade scripts that came with the component to convert your phpbb database into the component version."
Can't seem to find the scripts they want, so i don't know how to do this. But if I just press "proceed" it deletes all my joomla-users and says that it has created the users from the forum instead although nothing actually has been added.

3. If I press "publish" on the php login module, my frontpage dissapears and it seems that that part of the page doesnt exist anymore (cant open other menu-items in that fram either).

Please, PLEASE help me with this :P Been at it for about 6h already trying to get this to work

Fixed all those problems by simply using php4.4.4 instead of php5.x :)
Now, for the new problemo :P

My sessions seems to be screwed since i can log in to the PHPBB and click around in the joomla menu and still be logged in except if I click the forum-link again. Then it says i'm logged out :/
Last edited by macrokilla on Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
macrokilla
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Brabonian » Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:19 pm

I am creating a site for my guild, but I'd like to use the phpBB forum as well. As already said here, the link in the guide to the necessary files is down, so I cannot download them.
Can someone please provide a mirror ?
(Thumann, I've sent you a PM about this as well).

I hope someone can help me, a guild-site without forums is just not a real site.
Brabonian
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby SkaSaxGuy » Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:21 am

Yeah...I was working through the guide as well and ran into the wall where I need the files.
SkaSaxGuy
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Joomla Integration Guide

Postby Thumann » Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:34 am

Hi guys... sorry for my time offline and the long response time..
Various IRL things came up..

I got a mirror here of the files:

http://www.fc-guild.org/develop/phpbb_component.zip
http://www.fc-guild.org/develop/phpbb_login.zip

Please reply to this post of any of the previous posts still apply.. and again.. sorry for the long wait time for responses :/
Regs. Thumann
Thumann
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

Joomla Integration Guide

Postby Tayluca » Sat Sep 30, 2006 6:51 pm

I've followed the instructions exactly, I mean, EXACTLY. Now I'm stuck on the forum installation. I'm in the section of the guild titled "Logout Problems". It says:
If you get an error when you try to logout from the forum there's a patch available

Now, I didn't get an error when i logged out. HOWEVER, I cannot log into the site now! When I try, I get the standard Joomla errror:
You are not authorized to view this resource.
You need to login.

The joomlastuff site is down so I can't read the article on the error in the guide but I downloaded the two login files in hopes that they would solve the problem. No luck, same error. Any suggestions?

P.S. If I log in from the forums, I'm golden, it's logging in from the module that is not working correctly. Did I miss a step or something?
<Keepers of Azeroth>
www.dentargkoa.com

Tayluca
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Joomla Integration Guide

Postby Tayluca » Sat Sep 30, 2006 6:52 pm

OK, here's another one. When I try to log into the admin panel, it gives me this error also:

Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'XXXXXX'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home/koa/public_html/main/components/com_forum/extension.inc on line 26

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in /home/koa/public_html/main/components/com_forum/extension.inc on line 26

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/koa/public_html/main/components/com_forum/extension.inc on line 27

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/koa/public_html/main/components/com_forum/extension.inc:26) in /home/koa/public_html/main/components/com_forum/admin/index.php on line 650

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/koa/public_html/main/components/com_forum/extension.inc:26) in /home/koa/public_html/main/components/com_forum/admin/index.php on line 651
<Keepers of Azeroth>
www.dentargkoa.com

Tayluca
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby SkaSaxGuy » Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:35 pm

Tayluca wrote:OK, here's another one. When I try to log into the admin panel, it gives me this error also:

Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'XXXXXX'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home/koa/public_html/main/components/com_forum/extension.inc on line 26

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in /home/koa/public_html/main/components/com_forum/extension.inc on line 26

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/koa/public_html/main/components/com_forum/extension.inc on line 27

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/koa/public_html/main/components/com_forum/extension.inc:26) in /home/koa/public_html/main/components/com_forum/admin/index.php on line 650

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/koa/public_html/main/components/com_forum/extension.inc:26) in /home/koa/public_html/main/components/com_forum/admin/index.php on line 651

I'm getting almost exactly the same error message...any thoughts on how to fix it?
SkaSaxGuy
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Joomla Integration Guide

Postby Tayluca » Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:34 pm

OK, so I'll be the bumper....

Does anyone have a clue what's going on here? I've been trying to trouble shoot this since the 13th of Sep with no luck. My guildies are like "where the site dude?"... Sigh... an interactive site blows with no forum. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
<Keepers of Azeroth>
www.dentargkoa.com

Tayluca
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby smartlink » Sat Oct 07, 2006 6:20 am

Hi;

I followed the instruction perfectly to the letter, but I am not getting the mouse over happening... Tried with a normal default template, and a modded skin, nothing, Anyone knows where the problem might be...

The items are generated properly within the sql table, I confirm, but the problem seems to be with the lin added in the index.php of the theme. But I tried with the rhuk_solarflare_ii basic template.

If you where able to pull it off, past you modification of the file pls.. my are like this...

/portal/components/com_content/content.php

// no direct access
defined( '_VALID_MOS' ) or die( 'Restricted access' );
include('itemstats/phpbb_itemstats.php');
require_once( $mainframe->getPath( 'front_html', 'com_content' ) );

// show/hides the intro text
$row->fulltext = itemstats_parse($row->fulltext);
if ( $params->get( 'introtext' ) ) {
// Parse text for ItemStats mod
$row->introtext = itemstats_parse($row->introtext);
$row->text = $row->introtext. ( $params->get( 'intro_only' ) ? '' : chr(13) . chr(13) . $row->fulltext);
} else {
$row->text = $row->fulltext;

portal/templates/rhuk_solarflare_ii/index.php
?>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;<?php echo _ISO; ?>" />
<link href="<?php echo $mosConfig_live_site;?>/templates/rhuk_solarflare_ii/css/template_css.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
</head>
<body>
<link rel="stylesheet" href="/itemstats/templates/itemstats.css" type="text/css">
<script type="text/javascript" src="/itemstats/overlib/overlib.js"><!-- overLIB © Erik Bosrup --></script>

<div align="center">
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="808">

anyone knows what's wrong...?

Smartlink
smartlink
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby llewollyn » Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:18 am

Tayluca wrote:OK, here's another one. When I try to log into the admin panel, it gives me this error also:

I got this on my local testmachine, but not when i rolled it up on my Production server. So my best guess is that it is in your php.ini settings ar in the httpd.conf(if you use apache that is)

I'm not sure exactly what is the problem, it could also be that i locally ran the server on Windows and uses Linux for the production server.
llewollyn
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Joomla Integration Guide

Postby Thumann » Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:31 pm

The database connection gets closed somewhere..

A nasty fix could be adding something like this into your extension.inc (before line 26)

$link = mysql_connect('LOCALHOST', 'USERNAME', 'PASSWORD');
if (!$link) {
die('Not connected : ' . mysql_error());
}
// make foo the current db
$db_selected = mysql_select_db('DATABASE', $link);
if (!$db_selected) {
die ('Can\'t use foo : ' . mysql_error());
}

Note, change LOCALHOST,USERNAME,PASSWORD and DATABASE with your server information.

Quick and dirty :x
Regs. Thumann
Thumann
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

Postby adoggy » Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:09 pm

hi,

the links in the forum intergration part is not working. Anyone have these files? :)

http://www.joomlastuff.org/component/option,com_docman/task,cat_view/gid,24/Itemid,65/

Download the following:
phpBB 1.2.4 manual (yeah.. rtfm!)
A well written guide on how to do what you're about to do before you it! or .. wait.. that sounded.. never mind.. read it!
phpBB component 1.2.4 RC6
The newest. at the time of writing, component released.
phpBB login module
This will replace the standard joomla login module, be sure to download it!
Last edited by adoggy on Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
adoggy
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Joomla Integration Guide

Postby Nimz » Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:21 pm

GREAT GUIDE!

the only problem i'm having is the phpbb login. It will time out on front page but remain logged in on the forum side. When a user trys to login it will refuse because it see's that they are logged in on the forums already. If you go and logout of the forums and then try to login from the front page it will allow the login.

Any fix?

http://www.burninghatred.info for anyone who wants to peak at the site ;)
Nimz
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

PreviousNext

Return to Joomla/Mambo