Joomla Integration Guide

Joomla/Mambo integration forum

Joomla Integration Guide

Postby Tupsi » Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:11 pm

Morning

I tried applying the itemstats hack for the joomla installation and it works basically (meaning the item in a newsposts shows up in an itemstatsfashion) but I now get some php errors on the front page which where not there before, so it seems I messed something up while modifying, but I dont get it. I can go back to no itemstats and the error disappears but the moment I get it back on the error is back.

Code: Select all
<div id="menu_oben">
   <?php mosLoadModules ( 'user3',-1 ); ?>
</div>

errors into

Code: Select all
<div id="menu_oben">
<br />
<b>Warning</b>:  Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in <b>/var/www/ff/joomla/includes/frontend.php</b> on line <b>94</b>
<br />
</div>

This error repeats itself a few more times then for each of such a loadmodule statement.

any help appreciated
Tupsi
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Joomla Integration Guide

Postby Musashin » Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:27 pm

Hello All,

I was wondering if anyone had a mirror to the forums component 1.2.4 RC6, the only one I was able to find was RC4 which was working normal untill recently where the forum just doesn't show up.
Regards,

Musashin
Musashin
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Joomla Integration Guide

Postby Thumann » Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:10 am

Regs. Thumann
http://fc-guild.org | Go Joomla! | Author of the Joomla Integration Guide
Thumann
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

Re: Joomla Integration Guide

Postby kronuskaos » Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:41 am

llewollyn wrote:
Tayluca wrote:OK, here's another one. When I try to log into the admin panel, it gives me this error also:

Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'XXXXXX'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home/koa/public_html/main/components/com_forum/extension.inc on line 26

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in /home/koa/public_html/main/components/com_forum/extension.inc on line 26

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/koa/public_html/main/components/com_forum/extension.inc on line 27

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/koa/public_html/main/components/com_forum/extension.inc:26) in /home/koa/public_html/main/components/com_forum/admin/index.php on line 650

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/koa/public_html/main/components/com_forum/extension.inc:26) in /home/koa/public_html/main/components/com_forum/admin/index.php on line 651

I got this on my local testmachine, but not when i rolled it up on my Production server. So my best guess is that it is in your php.ini settings ar in the httpd.conf(if you use apache that is)

I'm not sure exactly what is the problem, it could also be that i locally ran the server on Windows and uses Linux for the production server.

did we ever figure out what was wrong with this one? i'm getting this error as well and have been stuck for a while on it. :/
kronuskaos
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby farmgeek » Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:07 am

Hi Thumann

1st up - thanks for the great guide. I managed to encounter almost every issue you covered but thankfully you had the fix.

I'm having the same problem as a couple of the others with the admin panel. I was getting three errors but applied your "quick and dirty" fix and I'm getting just one error now:

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/.cuffy/farmgeekadmin/farmgeek.co.nz/wow/components/com_forum/extension.inc on line 34

Any help would be much appreciated.
John
farmgeek
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Jens » Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:26 pm

i did you walk trow, more than ones, and i got my web host to make all things right for joomla.
and i put in you hard fix.
but like the rest off them i get

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in D:\Domains\minifarious.dk\wwwroot\components\com_forum\extension.inc on line 33

any fix for that, it only comes when im trying to log in to the Admin pannelin phpbb.

Mulle
Jens
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby kronuskaos » Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:41 pm

wow, not smart i am. :| i applied the quick & dirty fix also, once i realized it was there. however, as with everyone else, i seem to have a simmilar problem.

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/hsdemoc/public_html/components/com_forum/extension.inc on line 33

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsdemoc/public_html/components/com_forum/extension.inc:33) in /home/hsdemoc/public_html/components/com_forum/admin/index.php on line 650

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsdemoc/public_html/components/com_forum/extension.inc:33) in /home/hsdemoc/public_html/components/com_forum/admin/index.php on line 651
kronuskaos
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Joomla Integration Guide

Postby Jens » Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:21 pm

have anyone found out who to fix it ??????
Jens
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Joomla Integration Guide

Postby HolyChimp » Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:48 pm

Working my way through your guide, and I have to say it's great to have all the errors that pop up right there, rather than having to google and forum search for hours.

Got a slight problem though. The forum is working, but when I click on the Admin link at the bottom I'm getting an Error 500 Internal Server Error.

You can see for yourself here. (I know the Forums taking over my page, but I'll fix that later :))

When you click the admin link you get this.

Any help's appreciated.

And, wow! A Papa Smurf smiley!!! :bigsmurf:
HolyChimp
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Ricey » Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:17 pm

kronuskaos wrote:
llewollyn wrote:
Tayluca wrote:OK, here's another one. When I try to log into the admin panel, it gives me this error also:

Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'XXXXXX'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home/koa/public_html/main/components/com_forum/extension.inc on line 26

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in /home/koa/public_html/main/components/com_forum/extension.inc on line 26

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/koa/public_html/main/components/com_forum/extension.inc on line 27

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/koa/public_html/main/components/com_forum/extension.inc:26) in /home/koa/public_html/main/components/com_forum/admin/index.php on line 650

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/koa/public_html/main/components/com_forum/extension.inc:26) in /home/koa/public_html/main/components/com_forum/admin/index.php on line 651

I got this on my local testmachine, but not when i rolled it up on my Production server. So my best guess is that it is in your php.ini settings ar in the httpd.conf(if you use apache that is)

I'm not sure exactly what is the problem, it could also be that i locally ran the server on Windows and uses Linux for the production server.

did we ever figure out what was wrong with this one? i'm getting this error as well and have been stuck for a while on it. :/

Hi all, sorry to /bump but im getting a very similar error. Has this been solved?

Cheers

[EDIT]

a bit more info on my error. I noticed the user it's trying to log into mysql with is not the user in the conf.php. It's trying to use the web user not the database user. It's as if it's not getting the settings included. Odd

[/EDIT]

[EDIT2]
OK i found a work around. Just replaced the code in extensions.inc with the hard coded result of the query. As the query would always return the same value (hopefully) i just hard coded the value of $id .

Now i'm getting an error in prune.php...research time again....

[/EDIT2]
Last edited by Ricey on Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ricey
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Sariyah » Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:47 pm

Hi,

I am getting kinda same errors when trying to access admin module - other than that it seems Ok, although I did not test really, this is a nasty thing I want to get rid of first.
Oh by the way, I was wondering, using this module, is it possible to somehow update phpbb - they do release updates pretty often?

Anyway, one thing I noticed when printing the sql query in extension.inc was that I was getting the following:

SELECT * FROM menu WHERE link = 'index.php?option=com_forum'

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /wwwdir/joomla/html/components/com_forum/extension.inc on line 35

SELECT * FROM jos_menu WHERE link = 'index.php?option=com_forum'

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /wwwdir/joomla/html/components/com_forum/extension.inc:1) in /wwwdir/joomla/html/components/com_forum/admin/index.php on line 650

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /wwwdir/joomla/html/components/com_forum/extension.inc:1) in /wwwdir/joomla/html/components/com_forum/admin/index.php on line 651

When I log onto the site its same, that query is executed twice but correctly (it seems). Here although, as you can see, in the first query $mosConfig_dbprefix is missing. Of course thgere is no table named 'menu' since it's supposed to have the jos_ prefix...
Not exactly sure what this means for now, or where would be a problem. I was thinking to hardcode that variable in extension.inc for testing purposes, I am crap at php (first time im seeing it) so obviously for me it is a great effort to try and understand this.
Sariyah
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby illidain » Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:47 am

HolyChimp wrote:Working my way through your guide, and I have to say it's great to have all the errors that pop up right there, rather than having to google and forum search for hours.

Got a slight problem though. The forum is working, but when I click on the Admin link at the bottom I'm getting an Error 500 Internal Server Error.

You can see for yourself here. (I know the Forums taking over my page, but I'll fix that later :))

When you click the admin link you get this.

Any help's appreciated.

And, wow! A Papa Smurf smiley!!! :bigsmurf:

Has anyone else had this problem? i am getting exactly the same error today, I have installed the latest phpbb and joomla from fantastico. and the com and mod from the guide wrote.

I have the login module working and the site forums all work but just the 500 error when trying to access the admin cp?

any help on this would be greatly apprieciated.

Thanks in advance

dnlewis

www.nokem.co.uk/shadowcrusaders
illidain
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Joomla Integration Guide

Postby illidain » Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:05 pm

ok nm got that working!

does anyone know if its possible to display a post from the phpbb bridge on the front page of joomla as a news topic?

Thanks in advance
illidain
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Joomla Integration Guide

Postby tendo » Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:18 am

wow you rule.

ten star guide, i'm going to start working on this right away.
tendo
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Joomla Integration Guide

Postby tendo » Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:25 am

uh-oh it looks like everyone is having an administration error

oh noes. any luck on a fix? i'll do my best to figure it out too :)
tendo
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

PreviousNext

Return to Joomla/Mambo