Bad IP

Make suggestions, report bugs, or anything else about the website
DO NOT post bugs/feature requests for WoWRoster, PvPLog, UniUploader, or UniAdmin here

Re: Bad IP

Postby Calystos » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:11 pm

tuigii wrote:It's clear that the ban process is needed on this site.
Many times, more then ten site members, as many web crawlers and bots, and a couple of hundred of visitors are on www.wowroster.net at the same time.

Even a nice dedicated $$ web server would somewhat "feel the load". I have to say that this site becomes somewhat slow, but this forces me to read more :)

"Quality always comes in slowly..."

Oh, totally agree with ya. Am fed up with all the damned bots and web crawlers that seem to have sprouted up a million times over the past few years, :-( Seems that the internet is getting more an more overcrowded and slower than ever. Not to mention all the adverts, spam, junk, virii, etc, that are polluting everything, :-( Sux.

Oh an in ref to Interclue, I've got it disabled for this site and the sites not moaned once since, so anyone who has anything that preloads webpages (or links) or anything like that should disable it for this site. That way you shouldn't get any of those messages about bad ips an stuff, :-)
Calystos
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Bad IP

Postby Shadow_Wolf » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:14 am

I am getting Bad IP when I try to visit the site, it hasn't cleared up. I had to VPN into work to access here so I could post.

Current IP: 76.115.129.249
Browser: Firefox 2.0.0.18
Shadow_Wolf
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Bad IP

Postby zanix » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:48 am

Shadow_Wolf wrote:I am getting Bad IP when I try to visit the site, it hasn't cleared up. I had to VPN into work to access here so I could post.

Current IP: 76.115.129.249
Browser: Firefox 2.0.0.18
I did not find this IP in the block list
Read the Forum Rules, the WiKi, and Search before posting!
WoWRoster v2.1 - SigGen v0.3.3.523 - WoWRosterDF
zanix
Admin
Admin
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Realm: Doomhammer (PvE) - US

Previous

Return to Web Site Issues