[IMPORTANT] jUniUploader is now NetherPanel

Support and feedback for NetherPanel
AKA java UniUploader

Re: [IMPORTANT] jUniUploader is now NetherPanel

Postby rrhode » Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:46 am

Oh wicked!!!

I saw that page just did not realize it was supposed to be an actual guide. I thought it was just a description of the project on the tracker.

Well since my last post I made a little progress I think... I had previously downloaded the files from your site that contained the res and com folders. I also downloaded the jar and jnlp files. I don't know if I am supposed to do that but I did and I modified the jnlp file to point at my server. I then uploaded all these files to /netherpanel and it seems to me like they could potentially be packaged for the end user in one single netherpanel folder to be less confusing. It turns out that the contents of the NetherPanel.jnlp file are fairly instructive on what to do to configure it to make it work.

In the end my only problem was this line:
Code: Select all
<application-desc   main-class="com.lyndir.lhunath.netherpanel.ui.NetherPanel" />

There were no instructions on it and I modified it to my directory as well. Which I thought was odd because it was actually backwards. Turns out it is a reference to the libraries. So once I realized I had to upload the com and res folders of both the zip files I downloaded from your site and I changed that line back it actually loaded up the panel for me.

I was happy about that! And to think I did this all since my last post! Actually it was only two small things I did and got lucky =) I reverted that line and uploaded the com and res files into the same spot.

But I already had uniadmin and roster installed and the panel picked up my addons and connected to wowace svn and got the addons list from there.

The problems I am having are not very big now but it seems it attempted to update characterprofiler addon which on the rpgoutfitter site I still have the most updated there. So not sure about that. Maybe that isn't a problem at all.

Also the only other problem I notice is the Guild roster page doesn't seem to detect properly. I click that button and nothing happens. It says it derives it from the first upload url but I am not sure what it means about this. My uniadmin is not located in my roster folder. They are both in the root. Maybe that is why?

Anyway, thanks for this. It will make it possible for mac users to upload their profiles and if this is going to be what takes over the wow ace updater I better get it on our guilds site.

Any ideas on how to actually link the file from my site? All I am getting is an xml display. Do I have to add an apache extension thing to load it? Or an apache java/jnlp thing? I am not sure how to make it possible for users to use this. Maybe it is possible to just have it load up directly in my site when they visit the page and not have to launch externally?

Either way, this is really cool. I really appreciate all the hard work put into this. Thanks!
rrhode
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby lhunath » Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:17 am

Hehe. Looks like you've been digging through more than you need to get it up and running.

The only thing you really need to do to host NetherPanel is download the JNLP file and change this line:
<jnlp spec="1.0+" codebase="http://netherpanel.lyndir.com" href="NetherPanel.jnlp">

into something like this:
<jnlp spec="1.0+" codebase="http://netherpanel.lyndir.com" href="http://my-guild.com/NetherPanel.jnlp">

That is, just add "http://my-guild.com/" in front of "NetherPanel.jnlp" (or whatever the path is to the place where your webserver hosts NetherPanel.jnlp).

You don't need the res and bin folders on your server, when people open NetherPanel.jnlp on your server, Java will contact http://netherpanel.lyndir.com/NetherPanel.jar and check if it has been updated. If so, it'll redownload it; if not, it will just run its previously downloaded version. This is why it's important not to change the "codebase" property in the JNLP file. You can, if you want to, host NetherPanel.jar yourself, but then you will have to keep it up-to-date yourself, which I don't really see the point for.

So recap, just download the JNLP file, change the "href" property of the "jnlp" element as I showed above and upload it to your server. All done.

If you like, you can also fill in the uniadmin property at the bottom of the JNLP file. It's commented out in my JNLP file and has something like "http://www.your-guild.com/path/to/uniadmin/interface.php" in it. Change that to your uniadmin location if you have one and uncomment it. That way clicking your NetherPanel.jnlp file will load NetherPanel and configure it to use your uniadmin if no uniadmin has been configured in it already (good for first-time use configuration). Same thing with the "theme" property in the JNLP file.

The roster URL is derived from the character upload URL (not uniadmin URL) configured in uniadmin. But now that I think of it, I might've actually broken that when I revamped the uploader a version or two back. I'll look at that.

If you see XML pop up when you link the file instead of NetherPanel, you probably need to make your webserver set the mime-type, indeed.

Read the following for how to do that:
http://www.wowroster.net/Forums/viewtopic/p=20524.html#20524
Sagittarius has uploaded a .htaccess file just below that post I linked, if you use Apache, you can upload that file into the same directory as the JNLP file.
"OK, so ten out of ten for style, but minus several million for good thinking, yeah?"
-- Zaphod Beeblebrox

= NetherPanel: home - launch - tickets =
lhunath
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Postby rrhode » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:16 am

Ok, I have things working properly on my server. I would prefer to host all the files on my server so it doesn't have to connect to another server in order to upload profile data, just so it is always possible to do, even if the other server is unreachable for whatever reason.

Anyway, hopefully it can do that. Maybe I can help you with making it more user friendly and debug some things. Because right now by default it is not seeming to pick up the uniadmin settings properly to upload profile data. It doesn't appear to detect the users WoW account properly.

Also when it does upload when I am trying to update the guild with password=rosterpassword for a parameter it doesn't seem to work either.

When I click the green upload arrow it just says Upload CP, PPL from No accounts to mydomain:update.php

So it doesn't seem to detect the users wow folder properly for some reason.

If I remove that one and add a new one... also i wish i could just edit the selected one... then the upload URL is not detected automatically, and the GZip and upload automatically aren't checked as per uniadmin settings. I don't know if it will add these later or what. But I can't tell if they are supposed to be in the original one because it has no accounts detected and I can't edit it to see. It does show my account when I try to add a new one though and it appears to work fine for uploading my characters once I add a new one with the right upload url.

When I put the password in it is not uploading the guild data it seems. It says the guild data is not loaded when I go to roster. I have allowed the guild in roster so it should be there. I have had it there, I just deleted all members as a test for this thing but I did not delete the guild.

Also in the list when I Add a new configuration for upload it doesn't have PvPLog selected but it does have GuildProfiler and CharacterProfiler. So I suppose it just simply isn't pulling the settings on this page from uniadmin like it probably should be.

How is this for a start? I know you said you are trying to make it primarily for updating wowace addons but I find this very very useful because there appears to be a large number of users in my guild who are on Macs and this is very very useful to them to upload their profiles automatically.
rrhode
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby lhunath » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:34 am

I will definately work closely with you to resolve all the issues you have. Feel free to drop in on the #wowroster channel on irc.freenode.net if you want to talk to me personally (or just connect to irc.freenode.net and /query lhunath if I'm not in the channel).

Would you mind passing me your UniAdmin URL so I can do some testing of my own and see if I can reproduce any bugs?
"OK, so ten out of ten for style, but minus several million for good thinking, yeah?"
-- Zaphod Beeblebrox

lhunath
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Postby tuigii » Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:37 am

rrhode wrote:Ok, I have things working properly on my server.........

.....because there appears to be a large number of users in my guild who are on Macs and this is very very useful to them to upload their profiles automatically.

Increadible :)

You have listed exactly the issues that I have.
Not more, not less.

I’m using a Windows XP (any, more then ten PC at my disposal) with the latest Java installed (java.sun.com says so).
Note that NetherPanel still says that when I want to minimize NetherPanel it need the latest Java version. Which I have.
It needs someting else?

I tested NetherPanal using a nearly original NetherPanel.jnlp - only line 9 has being changed so its point to my site with a full URL.
And line 59/60
        <property name="uniadmin"

value="http://www.papy-team.fr/uniadmin/interface.php"   /> 
It starts up great.
It does seem to sync with Uniadmin when I give it my uniadmin URL.

Another thing : MAC users.
I installed this on a very recent MAC (latest OS).
Going to java.sun.com send me back to apple.com for the latest version.
It says : have have it.
Still, no possibility to even connect to the net. The phase where I sync with UniAdmin logs an error.
I'll post the error line here afterwards.

Something needs to be enabled so webstart apps work for a MAC ?
Need another Java version?
Please note that I'm not a daily MAC user.

If you NEED server any access, just say so.

BTW: UniUpLoader/UniAdmin IS working for me more then one year now.
When using a Windows XP with the latest Java installed (java.sun.com says so).
Last edited by tuigii on Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
tuigii
WR.net Master
WR.net Master

Postby lhunath » Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:38 pm

tuigii: You did everything you're supposed to do with NetherPanel.jnlp. That's good.

If I can summarize; you both have the same problems:

• When syncing with UniAdmin, the Upload Configuration created does not select any WoW Accounts, and therefore, doesn't upload anything.
  • You're annoyed that there isn't an edit button to change upload configurations. You're right - I was meaning to add one but I got lazy =)
  • You expect pressing "Add Upload Configuration" to preselect all the values in your UniAdmin. This is wrong. The configurations set in your UniAdmin are just one single Upload Configuration. I will make it so that you can edit that one. But when you add a new upload configuration, UniAdmin settings are irrelevant because you're not adding the Upload Configuration that is in UniAdmin, no, that one's supposed to be there already! When you press the "Add" button, it's normally because you want to add another upload configuration - say, one that uploads to another Roster or one that uploads DKP data. That's why it doesn't default to your settings in UniAdmin - they are irrelevant.
-- Zaphod Beeblebrox

lhunath
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Postby jaffa » Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:48 pm

One more problem they mentioned, and my main issue - there is nowhere to enter a password for the Roster upload (not that you can edit the existing upload config from UniAdmin - but you already know that). The officers in the guild need a password to upload guildprofiler data (we don't trust the plebs to do it ;)

Otherwise, this is a really great program - well done!
jaffa
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

Postby tuigii » Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:16 pm

jaffa wrote:....- there is nowhere to enter a password for the Roster upload ....

Re-read the post of rrhode just above.
There is a place where you can put in the password for roster / guild updates. I found it.

The example given in the popup states even how to do so for WoWRoster.

But it, somehow, didn't work, as rrhodes already states.
tuigii
WR.net Master
WR.net Master

Postby lhunath » Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:22 pm

Yeah, the password is passed as an "Additional Post Variable" passed along during upload. You have to create an entry in that list saying "password=foo". I just got round fixing an issue with the addon manager on windows though so I haven't been able to check whether it actually works. It should ;X *glare at code*
-- Zaphod Beeblebrox

lhunath
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Postby EMG-Zodiac » Thu May 01, 2008 10:08 pm

I am running NetherPanel on Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy. The Ace-Update section is just working fine, but the UniUploader features just don't work and I am quite not sure why.

I used jUU before and it worked great on my OS. Now that my guild installed WoWRoster 2.0 beta, I switched to NetherPanel and just ran straight into problems, maybe someone has advice for me. I set up Netherpanel just as it should be configured but my data just won't reach the roster. I made a schedule and entered the update URL correctly:

http://www.mondgarde.com/roster/index.php?p=update

I added the additional postvariable with "password=mypassword"

I selected CharacterProfiler and PVPLog for Upload.

When I leave, nothing won't happen. A look into the log will show up this:

--------------------------------
[ WARNUNG | (Thread.java:1426) j~l~Thread.getStackTrace(), (EventDispatchThread.java:121) j~a~EventDispatchThread.run() ]:
# Saved Variable 'CharacterProfiler' does not exist for MYACCOUNT. Skipping. (/home/stefan/.wine/drive_c/Programme/World of Warcraft/WTF/Account/MYACCOUNT/SavedVariables/CharacterProfiler.lua)

[ WARNUNG | (Thread.java:1426) j~l~Thread.getStackTrace(), (EventDispatchThread.java:121) j~a~EventDispatchThread.run() ]:
# Saved Variable 'PvPLog' does not exist for MYACCOUNT. Skipping. (/home/stefan/.wine/drive_c/Programme/World of Warcraft/WTF/Account/MYACCOUNT/SavedVariables/PvPLog.lua)
---------------------------------

I replaced my account-name with MYACCOUNT, just don't mind that ;)

I have no idea what could be the cause for this. What NP tells is a lie, the files DO exist and manually upload works just fine.

So if anyone as made similar experiencies and mabye wants to share his wisdom with me, that would be great!
EMG-Zodiac
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby rrhode » Thu May 01, 2008 10:44 pm

I have the same problem. No solution yet that I am aware of.
rrhode
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby EMG-Zodiac » Fri May 02, 2008 12:26 am

So this seems to be a bug and no misconfiguration.

Maybe the next update to NetherPanel will fix that issue. I hope so - NetherPanel is such a wonderful application and has made an amazing progress.

Update
--------
I sent an e-mail to Lhunath, surely he is interested in investigating further.
Last edited by EMG-Zodiac on Fri May 02, 2008 1:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
EMG-Zodiac
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Previous

Return to NetherPanel