[IMPORTANT] jUniUploader is now NetherPanel

Support and feedback for NetherPanel
AKA java UniUploader

Postby lhunath » Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:25 am

Hello my friends,

jUniUploader has been a different approach at external WoW tools all along. It's never actually gone out of Alpha state and I've had the bad habbit of adding new features before making absolutely sure all bugs had been eradicated out of previous features mostly due to the fast paced feature push.

jUniUploader has been largerly rewritten recently to account for a better Ace integration and addon dependency management. Since then it adopted the new name "NetherPanel".

NetherPanel is no longer mainly a Character Data Uploader like jUniUploader was, it is mostly geared toward Addon Management.

I have recently been asked to inherit the userbase of the main Ace Addon Updater called Wow Ace Updater. The maintainer for the latter has stopped maintaining the software. Because of this I'm currently hard working on making the program as stable as possible while adding features Wow Ace Updater contains.

I will maintain a fully featured homepage of NetherPanel which is also in the works and will no longer be checking this forum too often.

A bug tracker/project planner will become available for NetherPanel on its new homepage to facilitate bug management from sources which are no longer mainly the WoWRoster community but also include a lot of Ace users.

I currently have a semi-working version of NetherPanel which contains a reworked uploader framework. The idea is to make NetherPanel an uploader for not just the WoWRoster but also other WoW web applications such as WebDKP etc. Thus removing the need of any external WoW application other than NetherPanel. Several changes have also already been made to make addons easier visible, provide preview images as you browse them, etc.

The version of NetherPanel currently available isn't perfect. I'm truly sorry about that. I am aware of several bugs in it as reported to me by several people. Be assured that once I release the new version which should be ready for the Ace userbase that most (hopefully All) bugs will be gone.

I will need people to test the new version, too, of course. And language files will need to be updated (if not remade).

In any case, the current new home of NetherPanel is the following:

http://netherpanel.lyndir.com

I would like to ask everybody to stop using jUniUploader.jnlp files and use/update from the NetherPanel.jnlp file from the website on that URL for their personal/guild use.

Feel free to spill anything on your mind.

/me goes back to the code.
"OK, so ten out of ten for style, but minus several million for good thinking, yeah?"
-- Zaphod Beeblebrox

= NetherPanel: home - launch - tickets =
lhunath
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Postby MattM » Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:29 am

very cool

Edit: The text color needs more brightness imho, other than that nice layout!

edit2: the icon is smooth!
Last edited by MattM on Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
MattM
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer
Gimpy Developer
Gimpy Developer

Postby lhunath » Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:43 am

Yeah, the current website is just a quick throwtogether of information with a color thrown at it.

Focussing on the code atm =)
"OK, so ten out of ten for style, but minus several million for good thinking, yeah?"
-- Zaphod Beeblebrox

lhunath
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Postby zanix » Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:27 am

Let me know if you want any forum changes here
Or any external links made
Read the Forum Rules, the WiKi, and Search before posting!
WoWRoster v2.1 - SigGen v0.3.3.523 - WoWRosterDF
zanix
Admin
Admin
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Realm: Doomhammer (PvE) - US

Postby MattM » Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:14 am

I'm sure Zanix would consider giving you a repository as well.
MattM
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer
Gimpy Developer
Gimpy Developer

Postby zanix » Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:32 am

I would indeed
zanix
Admin
Admin
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Postby lhunath » Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:52 pm

I'm hosting NetherPanel on my own server. I've set up a Trac there for project planning and bug reports.

Feel free to visit and definately don't hesitate to go there and report any bugs you have encountered with the current version so that I can get to fixing them!
-- Zaphod Beeblebrox

lhunath
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Postby PleegWat » Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:54 am

Lhunath,

I'm not gonna kick any trouble over it, and I don't really expect any of the other admins here to, but you do realize that that logo comes awfully close to being 18+?
I <3 /bin/bash
PleegWat
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team

Postby zanix » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:18 am

Yeah, there are a lot of less than 18 year old people playing WoW and I don't know if their parents would like to see that logo on their computers
zanix
Admin
Admin
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Postby lhunath » Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:20 pm

Hmm. Perhaps you are right. Not that TV is more discrete, these days; heh.
-- Zaphod Beeblebrox

lhunath
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Postby zanix » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:52 pm

LoL, very true
zanix
Admin
Admin
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Postby lhunath » Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:44 pm

NetherPanel has been updated:

• Fixed issues for people that moved from embedded libs to externalized libs:
    • Now automatically selects the extra libs you'll need to download.
    • The option of using embedded libs instead of external libs is almost ready.
  • Addon List easier to browse:
    • More space for addons
    • Search bar improved (hitting enter several times browses through matches)
  • Java 6 fixes
  • UniAdmin autoconfiguration fixes
  • Upload configurations:
    • You can now create multiple upload configurations
    • Each upload configuration assigns cerrain SavedVariables to certain upload websites
    • First stepts to support for generic WoW web applications (such as WebDKP, etc)
  • Addons that are in repositories (SVN, GIT, CVS) are no longer managed by the addon manager. You can toggle this feature.
  • Several other fixes, not quite that worthy of enumerating
-- Zaphod Beeblebrox

lhunath
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Postby lhunath » Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:20 pm

I just released a new version of NetherPanel. Just use your normal way of launching NetherPanel and it will automatically be updated (Either click and open this link or rightclick it and download the link to your pc, eg desktop, so that you can launch NetherPanel by clicking that).

Relevant changes are:

• Support for proxy servers. HTTP and SOCKS servers are supported, proxy authenication is also supported but not tested; let me know if you use this whether it works (it ought to).
  • Uninstalling addons is now previewed along with your installing and upgrading addons.
  • NetherPanel now automatically fixes dependencies each time you load the addon list to make sure you aren't missing any libraries.
  • NetherPanel can now work with but embedded or externalized Libraries for your Ace Addons; togglable in the configuration screen.
  • A feature has been added that lets you mark all unused addons for removal. Addons are considdered unused when they are not marked as required by you (their second checkbox is not selected in the addon manager) AND they are not dependencies of any required addons. This helps cleaning up libraries that are no longer needed.
  • The toolbar in the addon manager has been improved; this should make it a bit more intuitive for many.
  • NetherPanel is now 4M large, instead of 12.5M in the previous version. Mostly due to a cleanup of Java libraries that were included but not really used.. ;x
  • Misc improvements everywhere.
-- Zaphod Beeblebrox

lhunath
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Re: [IMPORTANT] jUniUploader is now NetherPanel

Postby rrhode » Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:06 am

I don't mean to be a pain or anything but I can't figure out how to use this program at all... is there no documentation for it yet? Or am I just not able to find it because I am looking in the wrong place? It looks like a hell of a lot of work has been put into this. I wish I could use it =)
rrhode
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby lhunath » Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:20 am

Heh; I'm definately interested in how I could make the program more intuitive. I've started documenting how to use NetherPanel on its wiki, but the documentation is mostly just a stub for now; I need to get started -- in fact, I might as well just start right now.

See http://netherpanel.lyndir.com/trac/wiki/NetherGuide for the guide stub I mentioned. I'll get to adding more content to that in a bit.
-- Zaphod Beeblebrox

lhunath
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Next

Return to NetherPanel