Will this work with godaddy?

Requests, feedback, and general discussion about WoWRoster
DO NOT post topics about WoWRoster AddOns here!

Postby Saekoth » Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:28 pm

I'm using godaddy to host my site. I made a MySQL database and can't figure out what to do next. Any help here?
Saekoth
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Ghent » Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:26 am

Just follow the instructions in the installation text. Fill in the database name, database host, username and password (all can be looked up in the control panel for your hosting)

I use godaddy as well, and aside from being a bit slow, it's fine :)
Ghent
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Re: Will this work with godaddy?

Postby Blooddoll » Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:33 am

Saekoth wrote:I'm using godaddy to host my site. I made a MySQL database and can't figure out what to do next. Any help here?

I also use godaddy, make sure you are using mysql147.secureserver.net for Host and not mysqladmin2.secureserver.net
Blooddoll
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Saekoth » Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:57 am

So I use mysql47.secureserver.net? cause I've been able to find that mysqladmin2.secureserver.net. I know my login and post but I can't figure out which file I put the server, login, and pass it. I feel like a total noob lol. I've looked at the install.txt file and as far as i can see it doesnt tell me where to imput that.
Saekoth
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Saekoth » Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:59 am

When you navagate to the install.php file It says the MySql Module isn't available. Well how do I make it available? Thanks for the help so far.
Saekoth
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby thesource » Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:36 pm

if your going to yoursite.com/roster/install.php and you getting the mssql file is not avaible, see if maybe you can use an ip address instead of a name.
I know that there is always a lot of problems with godaddy's dns servers
thesource
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Blooddoll » Sat Aug 05, 2006 3:17 am

Saekoth wrote:So I use mysql47.secureserver.net? cause I've been able to find that mysqladmin2.secureserver.net. I know my login and post but I can't figure out which file I put the server, login, and pass it. I feel like a total noob lol. I've looked at the install.txt file and as far as i can see it doesnt tell me where to imput that.

You cant find the file ? if you have followed the install.txt instructions, you should be able to browse to the install page, and thats where you put in the server login info. It should look something like this:

Host: mysql47.secureserver.net
Host Name: login name
Login Name: login name
Login Pass: your login pass

This is how it worked for me when installing on GODaddy.
Blooddoll
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Saekoth » Sat Aug 05, 2006 4:21 am

I've followed it to the letter as far as I can tell and this is what I got...

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l52/FKGuild/1-1.jpg

I have a MySQL server set up how do I get the module?
Saekoth
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Blooddoll » Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:44 am

Saekoth wrote:I've followed it to the letter as far as I can tell and this is what I got...

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l52/FKGuild/1-1.jpg

I have a MySQL server set up how do I get the module?

When you login to your account at godaddy.com, and enter into the control panel, and then click on the MySQL icon you should be taken to a page that looks like this:

yours should look similar to mine, this shows 2 of my databases set up. If you created a database you should see at least one. and you use the username of it for the host name and your login name on the install page for Roster.

If you still need to set up mysql on godaddy click the Create New Database button at the bottom of this page, then make a name for your database and a password. and poof you have a new database.
Blooddoll
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Saekoth » Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:34 pm

I have that I have the database i've tried installing the thing with the database empty and i've tried it with the SQL files in it too. Is there a certain order I have to load the SQL files into the database. I've been doing the Structure than Data files. I really am just at a loss here as to why I'm still getting that error.
Saekoth
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby zanix » Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:47 pm

You must be having server problems, if the installer cannot detect mySQL, then roster will most definatly not detect mySQL
Read the Forum Rules, the WiKi, and Search before posting!
WoWRoster v2.1 - SigGen v0.3.3.523 - WoWRosterDF
zanix
Admin
Admin
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Realm: Doomhammer (PvE) - US

Postby Blooddoll » Sat Aug 05, 2006 3:30 pm

zanix wrote:You must be having server problems, if the installer cannot detect mySQL, then roster will most definatly not detect mySQL

I second this. I had zero issues loading as per the install.txt instructions. Id try creating a 2nd database and see if it works with that, if not call GoDaddy and talk with tech support.
Blooddoll
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Cruz » Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:08 pm

I am also new to servers and hosting, I have read the install.txt file, I don't understand step 4. where it says, "Browse to http://yourserver.com/roster/install.php, would the "yourserver" part be the the name of the domain I am using for my database?

I know this is probably obvious to some, but I'm new to this, thanks.
Cruz
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Saekoth » Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:23 am

As a follow up to this I contacted GoDaddy's customer support and they basically told me it should be working and they have no help for me. Five minutes later I switched my hosting to Blue Host which is working perfectly right now. I DO NOT recommend GoDaddy as a hosting company if you have any SQL databases in mind (was trying to get WordPress blog to work but that didn't work either). I do have to say Blue Host is very simple to use and recommend it to everyone.
Saekoth
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby mrmuskrat » Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:31 am

I also use godaddy and I have no problems what so ever.

Go to the page that Blooddoll took a screenshot of and click the pencil icon next to the database you created. It will show you how to connect to it.
mrmuskrat
WR.net Journeyman
WR.net Journeyman

Next

Return to General Support & Feedback