PHP-Fusion Integration

PHP-Fusion integration forum

PHP-Fusion Integration

Postby Beldin » Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:12 pm

Has anyone tried integrating WoWRoster with PHP-Fusion??? I have installed it and it is ALMOST flawless on install. I am having an error when visiting the config page.
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in blah blah blah/public_html/roster/admin/config.php on line 300

It also won't let me update the roster. I select the .lua file and enter the password and it tells me...
Could not find guild in database. Please update members first.

That's all i've found so far...so again I ask...Has anyone tried integrating it with PHP-Fusion?
Last edited by Beldin on Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beldin
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Re: PHP-Fusion Integration

Postby Elvenelf » Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:15 pm

I will also be looking forward to PHP-Fusion integration.

I host a guild alliance site for the Perenolde Realm. I have been searching for applications that can be combined with PHP-Fusion but since PHP-Fusion is relatively new and has been vulnerable until late revisions I haven't found any guild-raid oriented applications that can be combined with PHP-Fusion.

I am currently trying to code something up myself but I am not so knowledgeable in php-mySQL. I only know the very basics... but hey, I am learning on the go so its an advancement anyways.

You could see my site at www.dclans.com

Thanks and I'll be looking up here for integrations to the fusion CMS.
Elvenelf
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

PHP-Fusion Integration

Postby stuermer » Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:51 pm

The Theme ist great can i have it?
stuermer
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

PHP-Fusion Integration

Postby Beldin » Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:17 pm

I guess only we are interested in integrating WoWRoster with PHP-Fusion?
Beldin
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

PHP-Fusion Integration

Postby Elvenelf » Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:46 pm

Seems like we r the only ones digging this... do you have any php/mySQL knowledge?

Maybe we can team up and code something functionally similar based on the original code.

By doing this we could already give birth to it inside php-fusion and forget any problems with integration.
Last edited by Elvenelf on Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elvenelf
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

PHP-Fusion Integration

Postby Beldin » Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:00 am

My knowledge of php/mySQL is limited at best. I am just learning and can't fix ANY bugs that I've come across...even simple syntax issues. The extent of what I have done has been simple editing and copy/paste. Which is why I came here. Everything I try to do with my website I run into a brick wall because it seems everything, such as EQDKP and WoWRoster, has only had phpbb or phpnuke concidered for integration. I haven't found anything for php-fusion for the raiding portion of my WoW website. Again this is why I came here. I am eager to learn and I learn best by doing things 'hands-on'. My current website is www.wargodscrusaders.com. It is my first real website EVER other than the typical geocities html stuff. lol Although the issues I've run into has made me seriously concider changing over to something like phpbb or something, php-fusion is definately a good first timer's website to learn with. lol

I'll still continue my learning progess and I'll still keep up with this thread. If I make any progress I'll keep anyone here informed and hope you will do the same. :D BTW...Nice site. Love the theme and now I have it too. ;)
Beldin
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Elvenelf » Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:00 pm

Hey, I have made a few simple database integrated things for raids. I made a kp calculator/standing page, I also have made a raid tracker, but I am currently re-making it to be a post-raid tracker. people who went to the raid will be able to look in there how they did and who assisted. It will be a glorious tool for improving the raid groups.

Those things you can see only after registering to the site, if you register let me know. I could give you the php files I used to make those pages so you know how I did the stuff. Also I got some of them with comment lines that explain the code, only because sometimes I get help from pro's lol.

That way I have learned a lot with php-fusion. So much that when I move to another cms I will be totally lost hehe.
Elvenelf
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

PHP-Fusion Integration

Postby Venajwai » Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:50 pm

I am chiming in as one who wants to use this with php-fusion.

As far as integration goes, I'd be happy if my users just had a single sign on for both sites.

I cam currently mucking with my EQDKP code to make to do what I want to do. I plan to use the Wow-roster guild list to limit the characters presented on the DKP site to ones currently in the guild.
Venajwai
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

PHP-Fusion Integration

Postby klyd » Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:22 am

Just entering the queue ;)

I run a php-fusion-based website too and like to use the roster in a way that it doesnt "feel" like an external website and using the same theme as the CMS.

PHP-Fusion offers an excellent so called "Infusion-System" to add mods in a simple user-friendly way. Hope some devs cover this CMS soon.
klyd
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

PHP-Fusion Integration

Postby Elvenelf » Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:22 am

Cool, thats 4 of us...

However, I tried to use this as a stand alone to begin preparing structure knowledge and I found that my server's php version is not good to use this. So I will have to step down from this. :(
Last edited by Elvenelf on Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elvenelf
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

PHP-Fusion Integration

Postby DeeJay » Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:19 pm

Well i want the roster to be integrated with my fusion site aswell :)
DeeJay
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

PHP-Fusion Integration

Postby Elvenelf » Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:06 pm

The thing is that wanting wont just cut it... its already posted somewhere, that the wowroster Dev team will not do these things.

Sure there are already some integrations made... and those were made by 3rd party developers. An example would be php-Nuke or dragonfly... I don't think wowroster main dev team gives support to these builds.

However, I was able to "integrate" wowroster with php-fusion using the page wraper infusion from the beta-mods site. Its already been released and passed beta testing.

It works A-ok!

visit my site if you may and check it out =)
Elvenelf
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

PHP-Fusion Integration

Postby zanix » Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:07 am

It's true, we're too busy working on the core, standalone roster (and working on real life as well) to branch out into cms integration

The only time one of us devs may work on it is when we have the want to help (like me, I wrote the installer and cleaned up the css a bit for WoWRosterDF)

It's up to the community to port roster, and code addons...us devs can't do everything :)
Read the Forum Rules, the WiKi, and Search before posting!
WoWRoster v2.1 - SigGen v0.3.3.523 - WoWRosterDF
zanix
Admin
Admin
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Realm: Doomhammer (PvE) - US

Postby Elvenelf » Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:51 pm

Right, =) hehe thats what I meant.

So far, if you look at my site, I managed to somewhat Integrate it using the page wrapper mod.

you can see how it looks when you go to www.dclans.com/ and click on the roster link.

It uses an iFrame I think... so far so good, and basically it doesnt need user integration because users are not logging in to the roster to see it, they are simply looking at it, and the updater is open to all users to update their data into the roster... however, in my case I have hit a wall due to lack of interest from users to actually undergo the update process... I for one found dificult the usage of the uniuploader and am doing manual updating of the roster characterprofiler.lua file. So far so good on my side tho... post any comments here if you may =)
Elvenelf
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Djarid » Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:52 pm

Integrating the security doesn't seem too hard... so long as the wowroster user has access to the phpfusion database tables... the group info table for both databases is called group_name and the id column for both is group_id

very little modification seems to be required but I haven't tested this yet.

the method of integrating the pages seems to have been addressed in previous posts.

Dj
Djarid
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Next

Return to PHP-Fusion