Native Roster DKP AddOn

A Native Roster DKP system
Abandoned

Re: Native Roster DKP AddOn

Postby raistlan » Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:14 pm

Hey Mathos, I have been following this closely in anticipation of a beta release or something that we can use and play with. Is there an eta for a beta on this project? I am sorry for the eager prodding, but according to the project page there is still alot of work left to be done and I would like to know if a release is in the foreseeable future. I would really love to be able to use the DKP Wizard, but in the meantime should I just use the eqdkp system? BTW, thanks for tackling this project God knows I couldn't do it!
raistlan
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Gunthor » Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:57 am

Mathos, if you need a hand with anything on this project, just let me know. I'll be happy to add in any support with this that I can.

Great job on this.
Gunthor
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby imagineer » Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:32 pm

Hi guys,

I'm creating a quick DKP system myself for Roster.

http://www.wowinfamous.com , then click on DKP.

It has an in-game counterpart to it to manage the system.

The in-game tracks total dkp earned, spent, current, as well as each raid history. This is done automatically. Only one person needs to have the addon installed. At the end of each raid, you can push a button and it will send mass tells to everyone in the raid what their current DKP is.

The display page on the website will be spruced up and be completely wowroster integrated, but this will be done fairly quickly.

Thanks,
Imagineer

MOD: Link fixed
Last edited by imagineer on Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
imagineer
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Knightkittens » Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:24 pm

Well No Offence but something needed to be done since DKP Wizard has seen minimal process in over 2 months, originally we all thought it would be ready at least alpha in about 2 weeks but that didn’t work out. I have held off implementing a DKP Program and done all my DKP by hand waiting but I have just run out of time, and with no alpha or beta to work from if I have to do one from scratch, then I guess so be it.

The sad thing is DKP Wizard is given a Project board and I have seen several Members Say they are willing to help if the Project leader Gives them something to do on the project. But instead we have gone weeks and now months with little to no Progress or so it seams to the masses.
Knightkittens
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Native Roster DKP AddOn

Postby johnnydement » Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:08 am

lol mate, people has a live too... mathos last post is dec 6... in some countries we're still at christmas... and in that post he said clearly he was busy with RL... since we are not been asked any moeny for this, I can't think we have any right to rant about the lack of update...
johnnydement
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby scapegoat » Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:26 am

Hey Imagineer, I noticed you have a Ventrilo addon for Roster. Where did you find it; or if you made it, care to share?

Thanks!
-Scape

imagineer wrote:Hi guys,

I'm creating a quick DKP system myself for Roster.

http://www.wowinfamous.com , then click on DKP.

It has an in-game counterpart to it to manage the system.

The in-game tracks total dkp earned, spent, current, as well as each raid history. This is done automatically. Only one person needs to have the addon installed. At the end of each raid, you can push a button and it will send mass tells to everyone in the raid what their current DKP is.

The display page on the website will be spruced up and be completely wowroster integrated, but this will be done fairly quickly.

Thanks,
Imagineer

MOD: Link fixed
scapegoat
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Knightkittens » Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:41 am

johnnydement wrote:lol mate, people has a live too... mathos last post is dec 6... in some countries we're still at christmas... and in that post he said clearly he was busy with RL... since we are not been asked any moeny for this, I can't think we have any right to rant about the lack of update...

I wasnt trying to rain on Mathos's Parade hes done excelent work in the past and I understand RL must come first, I was just stating that we seem no farther than we really were Sept 4 when he said he hoped to have a beta by the next weekend. (we all hoped that might be soon)but after 5 months and we really seem no closer for a beta release. that some of us have run out of time to wait to impliment something.

Now imagineer is working on something and (I belive there is a port of something being worked on from webroster)and I think there is the bones of yet another DKP system being worked on. Im just woundering if it wouldnt be Better use to get them all working on one project to impliment with Roster.
Knightkittens
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby dracula » Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:01 pm

Does this offer from Sep 5, 2006 still stand:
Mathos wrote:The most important bit, Installation of tables and configuration pages, still has to be done completely.
These are essential to release an Alpha version in my oppinion.

If you still would like the code NOW, let me know and I can make a compilation of files.

If it does, I would certainly be interested in a compilation ;)
dracula
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Native Roster DKP AddOn

Postby Cabal » Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:29 am

id be happy to help / test for either of you if it would help

Cabal
Cabal
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Severe » Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:53 am

Hello... ello llo... :mrgreen:
Is there ANY news about this promising project.. anything... good... bad...
Mathos still kicking...?
Does he still love boerenkool?
Severe
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Native Roster DKP AddOn

Postby nogarth » Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:53 pm

/bump yer curious on how this is coming along
nogarth
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Native Roster DKP AddOn

Postby johnnydement » Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:21 pm

/agree, wyes, no news on this for quite some time already :(
johnnydement
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Native Roster DKP AddOn

Postby Mathos » Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:03 am

Okay peeps, I have been extremely busy in RL lately, so havent done much, but I am back in business, and will finish this one way or the other.

I am however thinking about something more suitable to TBC with the 25 man instances, as DKP seems a bit "old" in my oppinion, so maybe some sort of an Guild honor system or something....

Anyway, just some thoughts have crossed my mind, but nothing concrete yet so I will just concentrate on finishing this and keep you posted!

And Yes, I am still kicking and certainly like my Boerenkool! :P
Mathos
Gimpy Developer
Gimpy Developer

Native Roster DKP AddOn

Postby johnnydement » Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:12 am

just a note, try to make it wowrosterDF addon system compatible also :D
johnnydement
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Native Roster DKP AddOn

Postby Mathos » Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:00 pm

Well, that is for the DF peeps todo, as I do not have DF installed.
Mathos
Gimpy Developer
Gimpy Developer

PreviousNext

Return to DKP Wizard