Guild Recruitment and Application Block 2.0

phpNuke integration forum

Postby mash25 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:48 am

sweet everything seems to work. But during a test application with the output being to forum it seemed to go crazy on my theme.

http://blust.okanimefans.com/modules.ph ... topic&t=34
mash25
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Re: Guild Recruitment and Application Block 2.0

Postby natbur » Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:49 am

mash25 wrote:sweet everything seems to work. But during a test application with the output being to forum it seemed to go crazy on my theme.

hmm...i'll dig through the source and see if i can find the problem
natbur
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby natbur » Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:55 am

mash25 wrote:sweet everything seems to work. But during a test application with the output being to forum it seemed to go crazy on my theme.

I've never used autothemes before, and I suspect that's where the issue is. I'll see about what I need to change to make it autothemes compatable. For the meantime, can you try something for me, in confirm.php on line 365 change
Code: Select all

$success1 
submit_post($postto[1], $subject$msg$Variables['postfrom']['value'], $Variables['postpoll']['show']);

to
Code: Select all

$success1 
submit_post($postto[1], $subjectfilter_text(str_replace("<br />""\n"stripslashes($msg)), "nohtml"), $Variables['postfrom']['value'], $Variables['postpoll']['show']);

This will remove all of the HTML formatting from the forum post, and hopefully correct the problem you're having. It's a temporary fix while I see what the core of the issue is.
Last edited by natbur on Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
natbur
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby mash25 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:17 am

I tried adding the code you suggested.

http://blust.okanimefans.com/modules.ph ... topic&t=40

If you can check to see if i added the code properly. Im sure i did. It didnot seem to fix the problem. If it comes down to it i can just set it up to use email.
mash25
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby natbur » Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:30 am

mash25 wrote:I tried adding the code you suggested.

If you can check to see if i added the code properly. Im sure i did. It didnot seem to fix the problem. If it comes down to it i can just set it up to use email.

I have no way to check the php, but it would appear that it's not changed because it's still HTML formatted. I'll make up a new confirm.php for you tomorrow morning to try. I'd like to figure out why things aren't working for you. I've never used autothemes before, but it seems to be fairly popular.
Last edited by natbur on Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
natbur
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Kruskk » Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:37 pm

Is there any possibility that this mod could be converted to work properly with e107 system?
Kruskk
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby natbur » Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:42 pm

Kruskk wrote:Is there any possibility that this mod could be converted to work properly with e107 system?

It's possible, I've never used e107 before, but most of the module doesn't use nuke specific code. The commands that come to mind are the sql abstraction, filter_text(not absolutely necessary), and I believe one more, though the specific command escapes me at the moment. The majority of the database calls are done in variables.php, though there is one in confirm.php (in the last function, I believe). Since this isn't the first request I've seen to port this to another platform. I'll try to make some time this weekend to look into collecting all of the nuke specific code into one place so it will be easy to port to any platform.

Edit: The third is the OpenTable() and CloseTable() functions.
Last edited by natbur on Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
natbur
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby natbur » Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:59 pm

natbur wrote:
mash25 wrote:I tried adding the code you suggested.

I have no way to check the php, but it would appear that it's not changed because it's still HTML formatted. I'll make up a new confirm.php for you tomorrow morning to try. I'd like to figure out why things aren't working for you. I've never used autothemes before, but it seems to be fairly popular.

Overwrite you confirm.php file with this attachment. Let me know if it fixes the formatting problem.
Attachments
confirm.rar
(5.81 KiB) Downloaded 320 times
Last edited by natbur on Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
natbur
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Kruskk » Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:51 am

natbur wrote:
Kruskk wrote:Is there any possibility that this mod could be converted to work properly with e107 system?

It's possible, I've never used e107 before, but most of the module doesn't use nuke specific code. The commands that come to mind are the sql abstraction, filter_text(not absolutely necessary), and I believe one more, though the specific command escapes me at the moment. The majority of the database calls are done in variables.php, though there is one in confirm.php (in the last function, I believe). Since this isn't the first request I've seen to port this to another platform. I'll try to make some time this weekend to look into collecting all of the nuke specific code into one place so it will be easy to port to any platform.

Ah good, I will take what you have for now and see if I can port it into a plugin. However I will also wait for the more "simplified" code your looking into and hope that will work better ^_^
Kruskk
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby natbur » Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:11 am

Kruskk wrote:
natbur wrote:

Ah good, I will take what you have for now and see if I can port it into a plugin. However I will also wait for the more "simplified" code your looking into and hope that will work better ^_^

My current thinking was creating a file (functions.php) or something of the like, and including that in each module. In this file, i'd add another layer of function abstraction that would cover all of the specialty code. That way, in order to port the script, all that would have to be done is modify/create a new function.php file.
natbur
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby mash25 » Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:08 pm

tried the new confirm.php out... did not change a thing. Im sure its this theme im using. =/ dont sweat it, ill opt for the email output
mash25
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby lotard » Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:23 pm

Hello
In really i've the same problem than mash25, i use to Autotheme
lotard
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby natbur » Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:59 am

mash25 wrote:tried the new confirm.php out... did not change a thing. Im sure its this theme im using. =/ dont sweat it, ill opt for the email output

Odd, it doesn't seem to be stripping the HTML out like I expected it to. I'm trying to get autothemes installed on my test site to check out what needs to be changed to fix the funny formatting, but the install doesn't seem to be going well.
Last edited by natbur on Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
natbur
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby natbur » Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:00 am

lotard wrote:Hello
In really i've the same problem than mash25, i use to Autotheme

I've never used autothemes before, and seem to be having some difficulty iinstalling it. What default theme do I need to set in PHPNuke?
natbur
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Acill » Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:00 am

Any chance of a Xoops port of this?
Acill
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

PreviousNext

Return to phpNuke