Guild Recruitment and Application Block 2.0

phpNuke integration forum

Postby BigKyle » Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:24 am

i was working on this all morning... if you where having the error saying theres to many lines at line 14 or something along those lines

just replace your current ('headertext') with

Code: Select all
('headertext', '<div align="left">Below you can find the current requirements:<br /> <ol>    <li><font color="#ff0000”><strong>Must be level 70</strong></font></li>    <li>Have your Karazhan attunement close to completed. If it is complete this will be a bonus</li>    <li>You must be revered with Cenarion Expedition to be considered.        <ul>          <li>You must also be well on your way to revered with the HH, LC and Shatar factions.</li>       </ul>    </li>    <li>Have prior raid experience. We are looking for players with MC, BWL, AQ 20/40, Naxx (etc) experience. However this is not mandatory. A willingness to do the research and time required to understand the new content is required though.</li>    <li>Meet the following raid requirements:       <ul>          <li>Be available to raid between the hours of 5:30st-10:00st Saturday - Thursday</li>          <li>Have  KLHThreat Meter  installed and active</li>          <li>Have installed and know how to use Ventrilo</li>          <ul>             <li>It is not required for you to have a mic, but it is <em>strongly</em> recommended</li>          </ul>          <li>Be able to acquire mats, rep, and equipment outside of raid time. You must come prepared with your own consumables and reagants. If you intend to only show up for the raid, but put no effort into what goes into being raid prepared LoH is not the guild for you.</li>       </ul>    </li>    <li>Have knowledge of your class. Currently we would like for classes to be speced accordingly for raiding (Holy Priests, Resto Druids, Prot Warriors, etc.). If you are not speced for raiding a willingness and openness to change is required.</li>    <li><strong>Have a good attitude.</strong></li> </ol></div>',  1 , 2 , 'variable'),

there was a couple extra ' in there, dont forget to change the guild name in there as well
BigKyle
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Re: Guild Recruitment and Application Block 2.0

Postby natbur » Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:34 am

BigKyle wrote::?:

im getting the same error as the other guy

i try to copy the sql file right ouf of the rar file, and when i do i get this error
MySQL said
#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax.  Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1' at line 5

SQL query:
CREATE TABLE `recruitment_classes` (

`name` varchar( 32 ) NOT NULL ,
`status` varchar( 32 ) NOT NULL ,
UNIQUE KEY `name` ( `name` )
) ENGINE = MYISAM DEFAULT CHARSET = latin1

in general i am having a lot of problems installing this mod, i installed the old one fine, app works, calss recruitment works, but i never got the e-mail, and i cant get this one to work either

i am running

PHP Version 4.3.11
MySQL Version 4.0.22-standard
and i believe phpnuke 7.8 or something like that, not sure where it tells me

What other trouble are you having installing this?
natbur
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby natbur » Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:39 am

BigKyle wrote:i was working on this all morning... if you where having the error saying theres to many lines at line 14 or something along those lines

just replace your current ('headertext') with

('headertext', '<div align="left">Below you can find the current requirements:<br /> <ol>    <li><font color="#ff0000”><strong>Must be level 70</strong></font></li>    <li>Have your Karazhan attunement close to completed. If it is complete this will be a bonus</li>    <li>You must be revered with Cenarion Expedition to be considered.        <ul>          <li>You must also be well on your way to revered with the HH, LC and Shatar factions.</li>       </ul>    </li>    <li>Have prior raid experience. We are looking for players with MC, BWL, AQ 20/40, Naxx (etc) experience. However this is not mandatory. A willingness to do the research and time required to understand the new content is required though.</li>    <li>Meet the following raid requirements:       <ul>          <li>Be available to raid between the hours of 5:30st-10:00st Saturday - Thursday</li>          <li>Have  KLHThreat Meter  installed and active</li>          <li>Have installed and know how to use Ventrilo</li>          <ul>             <li>It is not required for you to have a mic, but it is <em>strongly</em> recommended</li>          </ul>          <li>Be able to acquire mats, rep, and equipment outside of raid time. You must come prepared with your own consumables and reagants. If you intend to only show up for the raid, but put no effort into what goes into being raid prepared LoH is not the guild for you.</li>       </ul>    </li>    <li>Have knowledge of your class. Currently we would like for classes to be speced accordingly for raiding (Holy Priests, Resto Druids, Prot Warriors, etc.). If you are not speced for raiding a willingness and openness to change is required.</li>    <li><strong>Have a good attitude.</strong></li> </ol></div>',  1 , 2 , 'variable'),

there was a couple extra ' in there, dont forget to change the guild name in there as well

The apostrophe's have been the bane of my existence. PHP5 and PHP4 want them escaped differently. I have some code in the application itself that checks version before submitting, but I'll see what I can do about editing the install_MYSQL_db.php(I assume that's where you're having the problem) to do so as well.
natbur
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby natbur » Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:44 am

BigKyle wrote::?:

im getting the same error as the other guy

i try to copy the sql file right ouf of the rar file, and when i do i get this error
MySQL said
#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax.  Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1' at line 5

SQL query:
CREATE TABLE `recruitment_classes` (

`name` varchar( 32 ) NOT NULL ,
`status` varchar( 32 ) NOT NULL ,
UNIQUE KEY `name` ( `name` )
) ENGINE = MYISAM DEFAULT CHARSET = latin1

in general i am having a lot of problems installing this mod, i installed the old one fine, app works, calss recruitment works, but i never got the e-mail, and i cant get this one to work either

i am running

PHP Version 4.3.11
MySQL Version 4.0.22-standard
and i believe phpnuke 7.8 or something like that, not sure where it tells me

Which file is missing the ; install_MYSQL_db.php has it on that line.
natbur
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby BigKyle » Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:51 am

i was able to get mine working jsut fine, after taking out the

" DEFAULT CHARSET = latin1"

as well as fixing the ' in the header
BigKyle
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby JacobD » Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:03 am

Alright...got the beta up and running on a brand new site. However, the first error I'm seeing is when I go into the Recruitment module to set the class needs and hit update, it refreshes to a blank page, not storing any of the changes I made.

Also, if you click on the "Recruitment_Settings" module link, it to will bring up a blank page.

Any ideas?

Running PHP-Nuke 7.9

Edit: I have fixed this error by using files from the 2.2.3 build, namely the Recruitment module and the admin/blocks/recruitment.php file.

Not pretty, but it does the job.
Last edited by JacobD on Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
JacobD
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby natbur » Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:40 am

JacobD wrote:Alright...got the beta up and running on a brand new site. However, the first error I'm seeing is when I go into the Recruitment module to set the class needs and hit update, it refreshes to a blank page, not storing any of the changes I made.

Also, if you click on the "Recruitment_Settings" module link, it to will bring up a blank page.

Any ideas?

Running PHP-Nuke 7.9

Edit: I have fixed this error by using files from the 2.2.3 build, namely the Recruitment module and the admin/blocks/recruitment.php file.

Not pretty, but it does the job.

If you turn on debug mode, does it give you any errors?
natbur
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby JacobD » Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:11 am

No errors posted anywhere. *shrugs*

I know if I replace the admin/modules/recruitment.php with the old file from 2.2.3 I get the following error:

Recruitment Settings Administration

Error updating database: update recruitment_classes set ``='Update' where `name`='Submit'

Now...If i use the updated file from the beta and click update it shows the link as admin.php?op=recruitment'

PS: Can we do something about the stretchyness of this page?

Edit: I've taken it down for now, all the way. Just seems the beta is still a bit out. There were conflicts between the recruitment block in the beta and the forums in the phpnuke which caused the ability to be able to make new posts and replies disappear.

I will keep checking for the version out of beta. If you would like to contact me directly, you can contact me at the email in my profile.
Last edited by JacobD on Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
JacobD
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby natbur » Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:24 pm

JacobD wrote:No errors posted anywhere. *shrugs*

I know if I replace the admin/modules/recruitment.php with the old file from 2.2.3 I get the following error:

Recruitment Settings Administration

Error updating database: update recruitment_classes set ``='Update' where `name`='Submit'

Now...If i use the updated file from the beta and click update it shows the link as admin.php?op=recruitment'

PS: Can we do something about the stretchyness of this page?

Edit: I've taken it down for now, all the way. Just seems the beta is still a bit out. There were conflicts between the recruitment block in the beta and the forums in the phpnuke which caused the ability to be able to make new posts and replies disappear.

I will keep checking for the version out of beta. If you would like to contact me directly, you can contact me at the email in my profile.

No idea what's up with the strechyness of this page...

As for the beta, it was an attempt to wrap all phpNuke functions in their own file, to make porting to other CMS systems easy. I knew it was a risky move, which is why I didn't replace 2.2.3. Could you tell me what versions of phpNuke, mySQL, and PHP you're using so I can attempt to get my test server to match? Also, do you use Autothemes? I seem to have unending formatting problems from people using autothemes.
natbur
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Qaluchaya » Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:16 am

Maybe a stupid question. But that what questions are for

Is this every going to be converted to PHPbb ?
Or can i just install this in PHPbb ?
Qaluchaya
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby lab_ratt » Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:48 am

after installing I can't access my admin pannel anymore. after removing links.application.php, and links.recruitment.php, I am able to access my admin pannel again. Have any ideas what's causing this?
lab_ratt
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Ghostmaster » Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:57 am

Hi

I have installed the Recruitment modul in my Php RavenNuke v. 2.10.01 build on PhpNuke v. 7.6

The userpart works okay, but the admin section give some problems.

If I click on the "Recruitment Settings" I get an error, It can find the "functions.php" modul. Is it missing or is it the functions modul in the includes folder it is caling, or someting else ?

/Ghostmaster
Ghostmaster
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Ghostmaster » Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:33 pm

Ghostmaster wrote:Hi

I have installed the Recruitment modul in my Php RavenNuke v. 2.10.01 build on PhpNuke v. 7.6

The userpart works okay, but the admin section give some problems.

If I click on the "Recruitment Settings" I get an error, It can find the "functions.php" modul. Is it missing or is it the functions modul in the includes folder it is caling, or someting else ?

/Ghostmaster

Got it to work now :D
Ghostmaster
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby joehail » Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:21 am

I have installed it on my site http://www.ecs-guild.com/pcn/ and when anyone clicks on the application, it comes up with an almost blank page. Can anyone help me with this one?
Thanks
joehail
WR.net Journeyman
WR.net Journeyman

Postby Ghostmaster » Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:18 pm

I found an error in case.recruitment.php

Replaced all code in case.recruitment.php with

<?php

/************************************************************************
==========================================
 PHP-NUKE: Applications settings Module
 Version 2.0.5
 Copyright (c) 2007
  By Nathan Burke

This program is free software. You can redistribute it and/or modify
 it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
 the Free Software Foundation

*/

if (!defined('ADMIN_FILE')) {
   die ("Access Denied");
}

switch($op)
{
    case "recruitment":
    include("admin/modules/recruitment.php");
    break;
}

?>

After that my admin section worked again (think it was an "upz" from natbur) :wink:

I also copied (not moved) functions.php and phpNukeFunctions.php from "Application" folder into the "Recruitment_Settings" folder, to get it to work .

BTW .. Great modul for php nuke , Thx Natbur :D

/Ghostmaster
Last edited by Ghostmaster on Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:31 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Ghostmaster
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

PreviousNext

Return to phpNuke