Guild Recruitment and Application Block 2.0

phpNuke integration forum

Re: Guild Recruitment and Application Block 2.0

Postby natbur » Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:03 am

Acill wrote:Any chance of a Xoops port of this?

I'm currently working on collecting the PHPNuke specific code into a single file so that porting to other systems should be relatively simple
natbur
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Sorian » Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:58 am

is there any plans or possibility of making this a standalone? I don't use phpnuke :(
Sorian
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby natbur » Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:01 am

Sorian wrote:is there any plans or possibility of making this a standalone? I don't use phpnuke :(

Once I get the PHPNuke code centralized, and another layer of abstraction added, it should't be difficult to port this to any system, including stand-alone. Whichever system it's used on would have to have a database though. Also, in a stand-alone version, you'd have to find a method of securing the admin areas to prevent people from changing your application. I'll update in this thread when I get done with the abstraction layer.
natbur
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby faromith » Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:24 am

im having trouble with the summeries, they not showing up, even if i enabled them and wrote some stuff in them, they dont show up at the sign up page, at the application or after the application :(
faromith
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby natbur » Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:31 am

faromith wrote:im having trouble with the summeries, they not showing up, even if i enabled them and wrote some stuff in them, they dont show up at the sign up page, at the application or after the application :(

I assume you're talking about the guildrules, rankstructure and raidinginfo. The only place that they're 'supposed' to show is the Apply Now page, before the form. I'll look into why they're missing. Is it saving them to the database?

So...while waiting for my page to load i started looking at the index.php page. Funny story, aparently, I forgot to do anything with those variables...That should be corrected shortly.
natbur
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby natbur » Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:40 am

natbur wrote:
faromith wrote:im having trouble with the summeries, they not showing up, even if i enabled them and wrote some stuff in them, they dont show up at the sign up page, at the application or after the application :(

I assume you're talking about the guildrules, rankstructure and raidinginfo. The only place that they're 'supposed' to show is the Apply Now page, before the form. I'll look into why they're missing. Is it saving them to the database?

So...while waiting for my page to load i started looking at the index.php page. Funny story, aparently, I forgot to do anything with those variables...That should be corrected shortly.

Done, and uploaded.
natbur
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby faromith » Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:40 am

natbur wrote:
natbur wrote:

Done, and uploaded.

ok will download it now and test :)
faromith
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby quarum » Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:00 am

This looks great - any chance of a port for this to phpBB Plus 1.53? Or does anyone have any idea how to port this out to phpBB Plus 1.53?
quarum
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby natbur » Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:46 am

quarum wrote:This looks great - any chance of a port for this to phpBB Plus 1.53? Or does anyone have any idea how to port this out to phpBB Plus 1.53?
in the 2.3.0.beta file thats attached to the first post, i consilidated all the phpnuke functions into one file, whivh should make porting easy. i also included examplefunctions.php file that describes what each function should do.
natbur
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby lonescout » Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:29 pm

Im using MySQL 4.0 and I keep gettin this error:
#1136 - Column count doesn't match value count at row 14
Ive also tried it on MySQL 5.0 and i get the same error, what do i need to do to get around this?
lonescout
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby natbur » Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:53 pm

lonescout wrote:Im using MySQL 4.0 and I keep gettin this error:
#1136 - Column count doesn't match value count at row 14
Ive also tried it on MySQL 5.0 and i get the same error, what do i need to do to get around this?
In what file are you getting this error? Did the database creation complete successfully?
natbur
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby sedrikk » Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:01 pm

I am not getting an error, but filling out the application does nothing. IT brings you to a page with only nuke elements on it and no module content. The app does not get posted to the forum, or get emailed out.

http://test.driventoconquer.com

It is still an indevelopment version of our guild website. It is nuke 7.6 patched. Any suggestions?
ImageImage
sedrikk
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby rufftran » Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:03 am

I don't see the exampleFunctions.php file, but I'm good at not being able to find stuff, so it might just be me ^^;

Edit:
I installed this on a test forum (I run DragonFly for the guild's site) and as I was screwing around with the settings I was unable to set applications to a forum post (The option was not in the selections table, here is a picture: http://cmstesting001.freehostia.com/scrn01.jpg you'll have to copy&paste to your url bar, the link takes you to 100webspace for some reason) and the summary footer did not show up before applying. Again, this is probably something I did. If you want to look at it, just use the link for the picture minus the scrn01.jpg part.

Edit2:
Fixed the last two problems, helps a lot when you have a forum for the module to post in...
Last edited by rufftran on Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
rufftran
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Doomie22 » Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:01 pm

Hiya,

I have just uploaded the files to my site and I tried to run the .sql for the database but I get the following error

Code: Select all
#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax.  Check the manual that corresponds to your
MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1' at line 5

my server is running phpmyadmin 2.9.0.2, PHP version 4.4.3 and MySQL version 4.0.27-standard.

Does anyone have any ideas on this?

Update

I have managed to fix that error but I now get this error

Code: Select all
INSERT INTO `recruitment_config` ( `name` , `value` , `show` , `required` , `type` )
VALUES (
'guildname', 'Your Guild', 0, 2, 'variable'
), (
'numalts', '3', 0, 2, 'variable'
), (
'guildrules', '', 0, 2, 'variable'
), (
'rankstructure', '', 0, 2, 'variable'
), (
'raidinginfo', '', 0, 2, 'variable'
), (
'recipient', 'admin@yoursite.com', 0, 2, 'variable'
), (
'testname', 'Test', 0, 2, 'variable'
), (
'testrecipient', 'testaccount@yoursite.com', 0, 2, 'variable'
), (
'referral', 'Contact(s) within your Guild - name of reference(s) if any:', 1, 0, 'variable'
), (
'TextBox1', 'List any guilds (and their server) that you have been in or are currently in and reason(s) for leaving.<br>If you are a transfer, why have you chosen this server?', 1, 0, 'textbox'
), (
'TextBox2', 'Please tell us a little bit about yourself.<br>What hours/days are you usually logged into WoW?<br>Why do you want to join Hybrid?', 1, 0, 'textbox'
), (
'TextBox3', 'Please describe in detail your pre-BC raiding experience.', 1, 0, 'textbox'
), (
'TextBox4', 'Are you currently on or have you completed ''The Trials of the Naaru''?<br>If have not completed this quest line, what step are you on?', 1, 0, 'textbox'
), (
'headertext', '<div align="left">Below you can find the current requirements:<br /> <ol> <li><font color="#ff0000"><strong>Must be level 70</strong></font></li> <li>Have your Karazhan attunement close to completed. If it is complete this will be a bonus</li> <li>You must be revered with Cenarion Expedition to be considered. <ul> <li>You must also be well on your way to revered with the HH, LC and Sha''tar factions.</li> </ul> </li> <li>Have prior raid experience. We are looking for players with MC, BWL, AQ 20/40, Naxx (etc) experience. However this is not mandatory. A willingness to do the research and time required to understand the new content is required though.</li> <li>Meet the following raid requirements: <ul> <li>Be available to raid between the hours of 5:30st-10:00st Saturday - Thursday</li> <li>Have <a href="#" onclick="window.open(''http://wow-en.curse-gaming.com/downloads/details/4204/', '', 'location=yes,menubar=yes,resizable=yes,toolbar=yes\''
);

Does anyone know how to fix this one, its beyond me atm.
Last edited by Doomie22 on Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Doomie22
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby atlantusSc » Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:53 am

Quick question.
Do i change the font color for the fields thru the application mod or thru my theme? I run a dark blue background and with the black text it is hard to read. I would really love to change it to white text.

Thanks
atlantusSc
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

PreviousNext

Return to phpNuke