Fixes for Version 253

Sync Blizzards' Armory data with WoWRoster (addon depreciated no longer works see ApiSync)

Moderators: Ulminia, poetter

Fixes for Version 253

Postby poetter » Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:47 pm

Hi Kristof22, hi all

Here is a fix of version 253.

Changes are:
- Got talent sync to work with de_DE localisation (should work with other locales too, read below)
- Implemented Pugros gradual update mod and made it justed sync players as configured in config.php
- Implemented Pugros code for non curl users
- Introduced a config.php var for WoWRosterDF users
- Introduced a config.php var for MySQL pre 4.1.1 users

To get talent sync work with your locale you have to fill up localization.php with your wordings. You can get all of it from talents.php. Comment in your locales in talents.php and comment out all others locales(To much memory usage)

If you are using DragonFly set $addon_conf['ArmorySync']['IsWoWRosterDF'] = 1 in config.php

If you are using MySQL pre 4.1.1 set $addon_conf['ArmorySync']['IsMySQLLower411'] = 1; in config.php. It is not possible to get an UTC time from MySQL pre 4.1.1 so set your $addon_conf['ArmorySync']['SynchCutoffTime'] wisely.

For changes to talent syncing, please read the code. To plenty to describe here.

[EDIT]

Updated archive !!!

- Implemented Pugros progress bar
- Display Update error frame only if there are errors
- Changes config.php to new armory

As i can see, the new armory site(eu site) is very lame. Everyone with MAX_EXECUTION_TIME < 60 in php.ini might have problems. So set this paramter to 120 or even higher.

[/EDIT]

[ANOTHER EDIT]

Updated archive !!!

- fixed fetching of skills and reputation

[/ANOTHER EDIT]

[MORE EDITS]

Updated archive !!!

- rename conf.php to config.php
- replaced all require_once (xxx); with require_once(($addonDir.xxx);

[/MORE EDITS]

[ANOTHER EDIT]

Updated archive !!!

- fixed problem with update time, changed back to armory update time. please adjust your config.php with your servers local month names

[/ANOTHER EDIT]
Attachments
armorysynch_fixes_253_5.zip
Fixes for Version 253 Version5
(212.98 KiB) Downloaded 641 times
Last edited by poetter on Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:46 pm, edited 5 times in total.
poetter
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

Re: Fixes for Version 253

Postby poetter » Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:35 am

Sorry guys,

forgot about a harcoded fix for the german armory problem with sex Männlich and class Jäger. So now i shipped arround it and everything should work with other locales.

I updated the above archive. Please reload if you already downloaded.
poetter
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

Fixes for Version 253

Postby dragaron » Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:25 am

Thx, now it works in the german roster!

But i can only update 1 member with each try! Than i became an error!

Code: Select all
About to start ID:14
Scanning Player: Sìlence

* About to update player
    * Updating Equipment . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    * No Inventory Data
    * No Bank Data
    * Updating Mailbox: No New Mail
    * Updating Skills . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    * No Recipe Data
    * No Spellbook Data
    * Updating Talents : Meucheln : Kampf : Täuschung
    * Updating Reputation . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    * No Quest Data
    * No Buffs

My config

<?php

if (!defined('ROSTER_INSTALLED')) {
   exit('Detected invalid access to this file!');
}

//Configuration
$addon_conf['ArmorySync']['Host'] = "armory.wow-europe.com"; //European players use: armory.wow-europe.com
$addon_conf['ArmorySync']['MinLevel'] = 10; //The minimum level to be updated
$addon_conf['ArmorySync']['SynchCutoffTime'] = 1560; //Time, in minutes.  All players who have not updated in the last (24) hours will be updated.
$addon_conf['ArmorySync']['UseCurl'] = false; //Set this to false if you want to use the original FileSocket function.
$addon_conf['ArmorySync']['DebugLevel'] = 0; //0 = no debug messages, 1 = some debug messages, 2 = verbose debug messages
$addon_conf['ArmorySync']['UpdateRoster'] = true; //Wether or not to update Roster.  Useful if you're just debugging.
$addon_conf['ArmorySync']['Locale'] = $roster_conf['roster_lang']; //The language used, but default it is the language that roster is configured to.
$addon_conf['ArmorySync']['ArmoryLocale'] = strtolower(substr($addon_conf['ArmorySync']['Locale'], 0, 2)) . "de_de" . strtolower(substr($addon_conf['ArmorySync']['Locale'], 2, 2)); //The Locale that armory is expecting, in the format of lowercase_lowercase (ie en_us or de_de).
$addon_conf['ArmorySync']['MemberSorting'] = "members.last_online DESC"; //alternatives are "members.update_time DESC" to use the last time the member was updated
$addon_conf['ArmorySync']['ServerMonth'] = array("Januar","Februar","März","April","Mai","Juni","Juli","August","September","Oktober","November","Dezember"); //just a list of the month names for the server.  Change this to whatever language necessary.
$addon_conf['ArmorySync']['DateUpdatedFormat'] = "%d/%m/%y %H:%i:%s"; //Europeans change this to "%d/%m/%y %H:%i:%s" "%m/%d/%y %H:%i:%s"
$addon_conf['ArmorySync']['IsWoWRosterDF'] = 0; //WoWRosterDF Users want this to be 1
$addon_conf['ArmorySync']['IsMySQLLower411'] = 1; //Users of MySQL Version lower than 4.1.1 want thi sto be 1
?>
Last edited by dragaron on Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
dragaron
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby poetter » Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:34 am

Hm, the error message would have been interesting. But on the first quick view at your config change this:

$addon_conf['ArmorySync']['DateUpdatedFormat'] = "%m/%d/%y %H:%i:%s";

As i mentioned above. Changing to european format dosn't make sence to me.
poetter
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

Fixes for Version 253

Postby dragaron » Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:50 am

Same Error!

I have now change a little thing!

<?php

}

//Configuration
$addon_conf['ArmorySync']['Host'] = "armory.wow-europe.com"; //European players use: armory.wow-europe.com
$addon_conf['ArmorySync']['SynchCutoffTime'] = 1560; //Time, in minutes. All players who have not updated in the last (24) hours will be updated.
$addon_conf['ArmorySync']['UseCurl'] = false; //Set this to false if you want to use the original FileSocket function.
$addon_conf['ArmorySync']['DebugLevel'] = 0; //0 = no debug messages, 1 = some debug messages, 2 = verbose debug messages
$addon_conf['ArmorySync']['UpdateRoster'] = true; //Wether or not to update Roster. Useful if you're just debugging.
$addon_conf['ArmorySync']['Locale'] = $roster_conf['roster_lang']; //The language used, but default it is the language that roster is configured to.
$addon_conf['ArmorySync']['ArmoryLocale'] = strtolower(substr($addon_conf['ArmorySync']['Locale'], 0, 2)) . "de_de" . strtolower(substr($addon_conf['ArmorySync']['Locale'], 2, 2)); //The Locale that armory is expecting, in the format of lowercase_lowercase (ie en_us or de_de).
$addon_conf['ArmorySync']['MemberSorting'] = "members.last_online DESC"; //alternatives are "members.update_time DESC" to use the last time the member was updated
$addon_conf['ArmorySync']['ServerMonth'] = array("Januar","Februar","März","April","Mai","Juni","Juli","August","September","Oktober","November","Dezember"); //just a list of the month names for the server. Change this to whatever language necessary.
$addon_conf['ArmorySync']['DateUpdatedFormat'] = "%m/%d/%y %H:%i:%s"; //Europeans change this to "%d/%m/%y %H:%i:%s" "%m/%d/%y %H:%i:%s"
$addon_conf['ArmorySync']['IsWoWRosterDF'] = 0; //WoWRosterDF Users want this to be 1
$addon_conf['ArmorySync']['IsMySQLLower411'] = 1; //Users of MySQL Version lower than 4.1.1 want thi sto be 1
?>

is it possible that words like "März" are the reason?

The Roster
http://www.dasaltebuendnis.de/roster/
dragaron
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Fixes for Version 253

Postby dragaron » Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:09 am

I have found the reason!

It only works in higher php-visions like 4.4.7 or 5.x.x

Thx

my config

<?php

}

//Configuration
$addon_conf['ArmorySync']['SynchCutoffTime'] = 1560; //Time, in minutes.  All players who have not updated in the last (24) hours will be updated.
$addon_conf['ArmorySync']['UpdateRoster'] = true; //Wether or not to update Roster.  Useful if you're just debugging.
$addon_conf['ArmorySync']['ServerMonth'] = array("Januar","Februar","März","April","Mai","Juni","Juli","August","September","Oktober","November","Dezember"); //just a list of the month names for the server.  Change this to whatever language necessary.
$addon_conf['ArmorySync']['DateUpdatedFormat'] = "%d/%m/%y %H:%i:%s"; //Europeans change this to "%d/%m/%y %H:%i:%s" "%m/%d/%y %H:%i:%s"
?>
dragaron
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby jakkals » Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:08 am

I still have the above problem and I have version 5.0.27 of MySQL and version 5.2.0 of php. It would have been nice if Wowroster actually provided an error but it just says there is an error and nothing else.
jakkals
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby tuigii » Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:52 am

Not always possible.

I wouldn't be surprised that the web-server 'hangs' in one of it's build in services.
It will be de-blocked (read : blown up) and the user is informed with the classic reason : “Time out error” cause nothing comes back.

Do not forget that this Add On actually instructs your web-server to 'browse' another web-server (the one of Blizzard).
Know that a lot off web-site suppliers don’t like this kind of behaviour: you being capable instructing your server walking the Internet: “No way, you ain’t gona write your own Google site service”. So, I imagine they also filter OUTGOING ‘server initiated’ connections. You (we) will never know about this – we only say “It doesn’t work …”.
[I saw this aspect with my own eyes, when I visited the 2 biggest web-hosters I France – this stuff is part of their operating ‘firewall’ rules for shared servers – and you won’t read these things in their public manuals]

We know also already that Blizzard’s sites are really, really slow...
And have a look what it spews out! It's a miracle that a web browser still can make something out of it.
Now: try parsing this rubbish :wink: THAT's what the owner of this Add On decided to do.

My final conclusion: a lot of twitling is needed to make this Add On work.
Take the same amount of energy that you put in this one, and make your Guildies update the Roster – it will be easier.
What the heck, the managed to subscribe an account with Blizzard, upgrade their system and game, they installed the game – and then can’t update their character? :shock:
tuigii
WR.net Master
WR.net Master

Fixes for Version 253

Postby poetter » Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:01 pm

Hi,

please try to set $addon_conf['ArmorySync']['DebugLevel'] = 2; and watch at the source code of the web page. There are some debug messages in the html code.
poetter
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

Fixes for Version 253

Postby Pugro » Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:59 pm

Nice job poetter, I'll try it out later on my installs (both DF and non DF)

Tuigii , I'm not sure it's so useless, on my site I use the roster data for lots of other things, not just the roster, so having the data locally is very nice. I can just press a button in the morning and bam...updated.

What would be very nice would be to get a stand alone version working via cron. I'm sure it's more than do-able.

poetter, on another note, I've played with the UI so that a progress bar is now shown, I'll PM you with the location of the files if you have some spare time to integrate it as I'm bogged down at the moment with a software release at work :(
--------------------------------
Pugro_
Ice and Trinity Guilds, Nordrassil, EU PvE
www.iceguild.org.uk, www.trinityguild.net
Pugro
WR.net Journeyman
WR.net Journeyman

Fixes for Version 253

Postby littleaton » Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:19 am

Armory site change = http://www.wowarmory.com/
littleaton
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby poetter » Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:00 am

Hi all,

i justed tried out the new armory and everything looked fine.(Shouldn't it be quicker ;-( ) I can't check other locales than "de_DE". Anyone having problem s?

Justed change your config.php to

$addon_conf['ArmorySync']['Host'] = "eu.wowarmory.com";

for europeen users and

$addon_conf['ArmorySync']['Host'] = "www.wowarmory.com";

for americans.
poetter
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

Postby poetter » Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:13 pm

Hi,

i updated the first post in this threat with a new archive. I implemeted Pugros progress bar and a few other things.

To implement the progress bar i had to modify the calling URL with two new parameters: step & total

As the SQL Query for total players to sync always decreses as you sync your players, i had to query this before syncing any player and keep that number over the time. So i decided to add them to the URL.

Besided that i got rid of that anoying error frame and only print it if there are any errors.

One word about the new armory. I seems to be very lame. Sometimes updating one char take more than 60 secs. So be aware of parameter MAX_EXECUTION_TIME in php.ini. Set it to 120 or even higher.

Everyone not beeing able to change this: pray!
poetter
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

Fixes for Version 253

Postby danbk » Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:26 am

Not sure if it matters, but I'm still getting errors consistently.

The following shows up for most of the characters, but from what I can tell, the profiles for these characters is updating correctly now:

EDIT: ---- Nothing is being updated except the equipment and talents ... No reputation or skills. Is there a way to get reputation and skills to update? Further looking at the functiosn show it as parseSkills and parseReputation. I'm not overly saavy with PHP, but I'm trying to make some sense of it.

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/danbkn00/domains/danbk.net/public_html/roster/addons/ArmorySynch/functions.parsing.php on line 125

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/danbkn00/domains/danbk.net/public_html/roster/addons/ArmorySynch/functions.parsing.php on line 146

* About to update player
    * Updating Equipment . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    * No Inventory Data
    * No Bank Data
    * Updating Mailbox: No New Mail
    * No Skill Data
    * No Recipe Data
    * No Spellbook Data
    * Updating Talents : Beast Mastery : Marksmanship : Survival
    * No Reputation Data
    * No Quest Data
    * No Buffs

My roster is located at http://www.danbk.net/roster/index.php

Any ideas if I should worry about it or what the deal is?

Here's my config.php:
<?php

}

//Configuration
$addon_conf['ArmorySync']['Host'] = "www.wowarmory.com"; //Americans use "www.wowarmory.com", European players use: "eu.wowarmory.com"
$addon_conf['ArmorySync']['SynchCutoffTime'] = 60; //Time, in minutes.  All players who have not updated in the last (24) hours will be updated.
$addon_conf['ArmorySync']['UseCurl'] = true; //Set this to false if you want to use the original FileSocket function.
$addon_conf['ArmorySync']['ArmoryLocale'] = strtolower(substr($addon_conf['ArmorySync']['Locale'], 0, 2)) . "_" . strtolower(substr($addon_conf['ArmorySync']['Locale'], 2, 2)); //The Locale that armory is expecting, in the format of lowercase_lowercase (ie en_us or de_de).
$addon_conf['ArmorySync']['ServerMonth'] = array("January","February","March","April","May","June","July","August","September","October","November","December"); //just a list of the month names for the server.  Change this to whatever language necessary.
$addon_conf['ArmorySync']['DateUpdatedFormat'] = "%m/%d/%y %H:%i:%s"; //Don't touch this!!! As i can see the time format is always set as it is set here
?>
Last edited by danbk on Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
danbk
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby poetter » Sun Aug 26, 2007 4:15 pm

Hmm, not sure about that. Can you pm me your CharacterProfiler.lua? I can't test www.wowarmory.com cause i'm missing any character there.

The errors apear in code that i did not touch. may be there are some changes on www.wowarmory.com. To test i need some CharacterProfiler.lua

BTW: I'm working on an ArmorySync Verison for WoWRoster 2.0.0. The lua's would help there to.
poetter
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

Next

Return to ArmorySync - Depreciated