Important note: When you edit this page, you agree to release your contribution into the public domain.
Author: Brad Morgan
Based on Work by: Josh Estelle, Daniel S. Reichenbach, Andrzej Gorski, Matthew Musgrove
Last Modified: 2010-12-26
2010-12-26 * 3.2.2
- Added the rest of the debug flags to the "/pl debug perm".
- Added some checks to the minimap button position code.
- Added additional nil checks in the combat log decode.
2010-12-10 * 3.2.1
- Rearranged the intialization of the minimap button.
- Increased maximum player level to 85.
2010-10-16 * 3.2.0
- Replaced MyMinimapButton.lua with a simpler (for me) implementation.
- Added "/pl radius" to display the radius of the minimap button.
- Added "/pl radius <value>" to change the radius of the minimap button.
- Added "/pl position" to display the position of the minimap button.
- Added "/pl position <value>" to change the position of the minimap button.
2010-10-10 * 3.1.1
- Changed TOC to 40000
- Changes for WoW 4.
2010-05-16 * 3.1.0
- Added options for recording and notifying in Combat Zones.
- Changed some debug messages to chat messages.
2009-12-08 * 3.0.8
- Changed TOC to 30300.
2009-11-29 * 3.0.7
- Changed TOC to 30200.
- Added "/pl debug perm" to save changes to the debug flag.
2009-04-16 * 3.0.6
- Changed TOC to 30100.
2009-01-24 * 3.0.5
- Increased maximum player level to 80.
- Updated German translations by Grektar.
2008-10-16 * 3.0.4
- Changed TOC to 30000.
- Fixed missing fonts and adjusted positioning in the config frame.
2008-08-16 * 3.0.3
- Added locale to PvPLogData (so I don't have to ask).
2008-07-25 * 3.0.2
- Added "/pl chat kill|death|self" or "/pl chat <channel>" for debugging purposes.
2008-07-05 * 3.0.1
- Fixed combat log event PARTY_KILL removal (it was falling through on an elseif).
2008-05-19 * 3.0.0
- Updated TOC
2008-05-13 * 2.99.91
- Conditionalized some debug messages.
- Fixed finding the owner when killed by a pet.
2008-05-13 * 2.99.9
- Initial beta code with 2.4 combat log changes.
2008-02-12 * 2.99.0
- Initial alpha code with 2.4 combat log changes.
2008-01-29 * 2.5.1
- Added code to use race, realm, class, and guild data from PvPLogData (if it exists).
- Added code to copy race, realm, class, and guild from PurgeLogData to PvPLogData when statistics frame is displayed.
- Added "/pl keep <n>" command to keep the most recent n PurgeLogData records.
- Removed "/pl fixguild" command.
2008-01-09 * 2.5.0
- Added cbxPvPLogConfig_NotifyDeathsSay
2008-01-06 * 2.4.9
- Added PVPLOG.SAY -MattM
- Added cbxPvPLogConfig_NotifyKillsSay -MattM
2007-12-12 * 2.4.8
- Fixed displaying the message on a channel again. More than one "named" channel will lose messages. It will catch up eventually.
- Added a Targets tab to the statistics frame containing the targetRecords in targetList order.
- Added additional fields to the other statistics frames.
2007-12-03 * 2.4.7
- Fixed displaying the message on a channel.
2007-11-17 * 2.4.6
- Changed TOC to 20300.
- Added more debugging.
- Fixed the problem with displaying the message that caused a channel join.
2007-09-28 * 2.4.5
- Changed TOC to 20200.
2007-05-29 * 2.4.4
- Modified MyMinimapButton.lua to preserve the state of enabled.
2007-05-23 * 2.4.3
- Changed TOC to 20100.
- Changed the way channel names are used. This may or may not fix problems with non-En clients.
2007-03-13 * 2.4.2
- Modified MyMinimapButton.lua to allow the radius to be changed with Alt-Click-Drag.
- Fixed the problem of dueling on the boat.
2007-03-12 * 2.4.1
- Added PvPLog2 for the per character savedvariables (so the file has a different name).
- Removed some unused code and variables.
- Changed the removal of recentDamaged entries to be one every 3 seconds while not in combat and at full health.
2007-03-12 * 2.4.0
- Fixed tracking periodic damage (really).
- Reduced the size of the recentDamager and recentDamaged lists.
- Changed the removal of recentDamaged entries to be one at a time (may need some tweaking).
2007-03-07 * 2.3.9
- Added more debugging.
- Added check to recents cleared (healthy) to reduce the number of debug messages.
- Modified targetRecord population to eliminate possible race condition if "target" changes while capturing data.
- Added tracking of targets from periodic damage. Pets need more research.
2007-03-07 * 2.3.8
- Added per character savedvariables containing the most recent combat messages and debug messages captured when /pl debug on is active.
- Added the command /pl debug save to save the current copy of these messages.
- Note: No bugs were fixed with this release.
2007-02-02 * 2.3.7
- All constants in pvplog.lua and localization.lua moved into a PVPLOG table to fix a problem in the previous version and to reduce global namespace polution.
2007-02-01 * 2.3.6
- Clear lastDamagerToMe if you just killed them.
- Clear recentDamagers if you are not in combat and reach full health.
- Move version number out of localization.lua (use the one in the TOC).
- Changed TOC so that the current Author can be fetched with GetAddOnMetadata.
2007-01-27 * 2.3.5
- Fixed notifyKill and notifyDeath being nil.
2007-01-26 * 2.3.4
- Fixed error caused by notifySystem being nil. How it got that way is a different problem.
2007-01-17 * 2.3.2
- Change the max level from 60 to 70.
2007-01-13 * 2.3.2
- Changed TOC to 20003.
- Players without a guild are now "" instead of "Unguilded".
- Added /pl fixguild to convert existing data.
2007-01-05 * 2.3.1
- Update level every time we see a target.
- Update FR localization (by Exerladan).
2007-01-03 * 2.3.0
- Added Statistics display (/pl pvp, /pl duel, /pl recent) to minimap button left-click.
- Statistics display now has tabs (PvP, Duel, Recent).
- Recent Statistics display shows all non-BG PvP activity in the last 24 hours for all characters on the current realm.
- Fixed minimap button error for first time users.
2007-01-01 * 2.2.2
- Fixed /pl pvp and /pl duel output.
2007-01-01 * 2.2.1
- Added more debug.
2006-12-31 * 2.2.0
- Added Record and Notify options.
- Allow notifyKillText and notifyDeathText to be modified.
- Rearranged localization.lua to group commands together (and fixed more errors).
- Removed unused fields from PurgeLogData (new players only).
- Removed slash commands for items set via the config frame.
- Moved some functions from PvPLog.lua to PvPLogUI.lua
2006-12-30 * 2.1.1
- Fixed dueling.
- Fixed some localization errors (commands must be one word and string.lower).
2006-12-25 * 2.1.0
- Added SELF to the list of destinations for notify messages.
- Custom notify destination can now be a comma separated list and can include channel numbers (i.e. 3 = LocalDefense).
- Cleaned up stats output.
- Returned recentTargets and damagedTargets which are cleared at player death (targetRecords was remembering too much about the state of recent combat).
2006-12-22 * 2.0.2
- The targetRecords are retained across death and sessions (savedvariables).
2006-12-21 * 2.0.1
- TargetByName replaced with targetRecords populated when PLAYER_TARGET_CHANGED.
2006-12-21 * 2.0.0
- Massive changes necessary for WoW version 2.
2006-12-06 * 0.7.0
- Changed TOC to 20000
- Changes necessary for Lua 5.1
2006-10-23 * Released 0.6.1
- Added a button to the Earth Features Menu (or the Khaos menu if the Earth Features Menu is disabled) in Cosmos (if installed).
- Added PvPLog to the myaddons menu (if installed).
- Added an option to disable the minimap button courtesy of Atolicus.
- Added realm to the PvP UI window (and PurgeLogData table) courtesy of Atolicus.
- Fixed a bug with the Minimap table after resetting the data.
- Added UI_OPEN, UI_CLOSE, DESCRIPTION, UI_MINIMAP_BUTTON to localization.lua (translations needed).
- Additional German translations by yamyam.
- Released 0.6.0
- The minimap position will now be saved.
- Changed version from 0.5.3 to 0.6.0.
- Added TODO.txt.
- Corrected bug with the minimap button not always appearing due to a data issue.
- Changed the event in which the minimap button is created.
- Released 0.5.3 beta
- Updated localization.lua with Spanish translations curtesy of NeKRoMaNT.
- Added UI courtesy of Atolicus.
- Added a mini-map button.
- Corrected some nil errors.
- Added back support for notifykills and notifydeath.
- Updated README.TXT, PvPLog.xml to add email address for Matthew Musgrove and update URL to obtain updates.
- Released 0.5.2
- Correct TOC to 11200
- Released 0.5.1
- Correct TOC to 11100
- Added display, ding, mouseover and nospam options.
- Minor refactoring.
- Released 0.5.0
- Correct TOC to 11000
- Removed the "Sadly the kill was not logged" message for Mobs
- Fixed a nasty bug that re-targetting was causing
- Released 0.4.8
- Corrected .toc patch version (10900)
- Fixed bugs where Duels were not recorded
- Seperated Guild data from Player data (improved memory usage)
- Over-hauled the array structure for PvPLogData and PurgeLogData
- Added BattleGrounds Flag to PurgeLogData
- Added Rank information about target (Duel and PvP)
- Added Estimated Honor to PvP Kills
- Fixed PvPLogInitialize routine
- Added a Debug Channel - requires it's own Frame where the only
- Channel listened to is PvPDebug
- Removed invalid save methods
- Merged Localization to a single file
- Added MarsMessageParser support to auto-localize string parsing and searching of Blizzard strings
- Modified the coloring of all text to less bright colors
- Removed unnecessary function that were written to perform functionality already available through WoW API
- Major code cleanup
- Better handling of OnEvent messages for a performance boost
- Released 0.4.7f
- Corrected .toc patch version (1800)
- Added more data to the .toc file.
- Fixed a bug in PvPLogInitialize, where addon initialization would fail on other locales than deDE.
- Released 0.4.7e
- By default PvPLog will not anymore output any kill or death message to the chat. You will have to set this manually via /pvplog notifykills <channel> and /pvplog notifydeath <channel>
- Released 0.4.7d
- Save PvPLogData and PurgeLogData into global SavedVariables.lua file
- Corrected .toc patch version (1700)
- Released 0.4.7c
- Corrected .toc patch version (1600)
- Released 0.4.7b
- Fix minor typo on deDE localization preventing duel logging Thanks to Sphinx.
- Released 0.4.7a
- Moved localization to localization.LOCALE.lua
- Added Patch Level to version string (VER_PL)
- Released 0.4.7
- Corrected .toc patch version (1600)
- Localized UI strings for enUS and deDE locale
- Added vendor string with "wowprofilers.com" as default
- NOTE: This version and continuing versions will be maintained by Daniel S. Reichenbach (email@example.com) as Josh Estelle does not seem to provide updates anymore.
- Released 0.4.6a
- Corrected .toc patch version (1500)
- Released 0.4.6
- Fixed customizability of notification text
- Released 0.4.5
- Made chat notification text completely customizable see: /pvplog notifykillstext and /pvplog notifydeathtext
- Fixed non-counting of high level players
- Released 0.4.4
- Corrected .toc patch version (1300)
- Fixed double death problem introduced by patch. Thanks to Whizzer and MasterMike
- Fixed annoucement of level -1 players introduced by patch.
- Made PvP record that hovers near the target pane movable.
- Released 0.4.3
- Corrected .toc patch version
- Fixed chat commands with no argument used to cause error
- Shortened notify text so its usually one line
- Fixed: allow for capital letters in notify chat rooms
- Released 0.4.2
- Added more configurability for dings
- Made colors prettier
- Fixed instance bug
- Added visual feedback for chat commands
- Doesn't ding for party members any more
- Added ability to send notify messages to named chatrooms
- Fix so updates target text when kills get recorded
- Release 0.4.1
- Small fix so changing notification chat settings work
- Release 0.4.0
- Changed from using RegisterForSave to SavedVariables, should fix data loss issues
- Reworked variable initializtion
- Made colors prettier
- Reduced redundent code by making sub-functions
- Changed text on record reports (target & mouseover)
- Fixed rounding to avg level differences in stats
- Added reporting of guild record
- Added ability to reset data
- Added ability to notify party guild or raid about deaths and kills
- Released 0.3.4
- Changed so all PvP logging is reported to chat
- Warnings of people you have records with changed to be configurable by location command
- Added color to target record display
- changed text so should say different things on mouse over for people you dueled
- fixed PvPLogFriends usage
- made it so /pl listall will fix .enemy
- Released 0.3.3
- Small changes again to fix average level different calc
- Small changes that might help data loss problem
- Fixes causing strange behavior in chat frame
- Released 0.3.2
- Small fix so that target record doesn't obstruct other things
- Small fix to average level difference calculation
- Released 0.3.1
- Fixed "Unknown Untity" which may have caused appeared data loss
- Put a timer on the warning ding, so it only dings every 30 seconds (configurable)
- Seperated stats for PvP and duels
- Added a ganker rating to stats
- Released 0.3.0
- Added basic statistics
- Added a find command for finding records for arbitrary players
- Fixed bug with other death events w/o "dies" in the message
- Fixed so that knows about player level ups
- Changed colors of messages
- Added tracking of deaths, who kills you
- Added damage tracking, so it will only track people who die to which you've done damage
- Added tracking of duels
- Released 0.2.0
- Added record floating by target window
- Added sound when mouseover someone who you've encountered before
- Other small fixes
- Release 0.1.0
- Basics seem to be working saving data and adding it to tool tip
- Reworked variables to support saving data on kills
- Initial version - simply reports when someone kills you