Blizzard's Repsonse to Rosters

General chat forum
DO NOT post bugs/feature requests for WoWRoster, PvPLog, UniUploader, or UniAdmin here

Re: Blizzard's Repsonse to Rosters

Postby DrSuSE » Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:05 pm

zeryl wrote:It doesn't work in IE6 on Linux, or in Firefox 2.0.2 on linux.

I don't have IE loaded, but the Armory works fine in Konqueror and FF 2.0.2 in linux for me. Only eye sore is the whole transparent background in flash thing, but it's not blocking anything and all the buttons/etc work ok.
DrSuSE
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby topsub » Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:28 pm

Kristoff22 wrote:As soon as I noticed that the armory produces XML, I started working on a parser. I've gotten decently far into an integration module, but it's not ready for beta testing. I plan to make it integrate for 1-n characters, done by a checklist. You can have it automatically check all characters or simply those based on the last time they updated.

You have got further then me.. All the parser's i write up i keep getting a "Processing Instruction not finished" error. Trying to figure out what thats about.
topsub
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby SimianPirate » Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:07 pm

This seems like a very interesting idea! Is anyone still looking at this?
SimianPirate
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby zanix » Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:26 am

SimianPirate wrote:This seems like a very interesting idea! Is anyone still looking at this?
Of course
Read the Forum Rules, the WiKi, and Search before posting!
WoWRoster v2.1 - SigGen v0.3.3.523 - WoWRosterDF
zanix
Admin
Admin
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Realm: Doomhammer (PvE) - US

Postby ScratchMonkey » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:44 pm

The Armory character display works in Seamonkey now, but the guild display is still broken.
ScratchMonkey
WR.net Expert
WR.net Expert

Postby Sukrim » Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:07 am

Sukrim
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Wyren » Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:19 pm

This is something I would very much like to see, as it seems nearly impossible to get everyone in a guild of 100+ members to update their roster entry, even semi-regulary.
Wyren
WR.net Journeyman
WR.net Journeyman

Postby Kristoff22 » Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:44 pm

SimianPirate wrote:This seems like a very interesting idea! Is anyone still looking at this?

Yes. I am finished with the character stats, PvP (though it is quite lacking), professions, and reputation. The last part is going to be equipment. I should have that done this weekend. I apologize for the delay - I'm getting married in 2 months and things have gotten very busy. I'll post as soon as I have an update.
Kristoff22
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

Postby Kristoff22 » Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:50 pm

Wyren wrote:This is something I would very much like to see, as it seems nearly impossible to get everyone in a guild of 100+ members to update their roster entry, even semi-regulary.

ArmorySync will help, but not solve, the overall problem. There is plenty of information like bag, bank, and recipe info that is NOT included in Armory and to my knowledge will never be. Therefore you cannot find out who is attuned, guildbank items, etc.

My next project, RosterSync, will focus on getting all in-game updates sent to a guild update manager. It will build off of CharacterProfiler, so it WILL have access to bag, bank, recipe, quest, etc information.
Kristoff22
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

Postby ScratchMonkey » Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:54 pm

Kristoff22 wrote:My next project, RosterSync, will focus on getting all in-game updates sent to a guild update manager. It will build off of CharacterProfiler, so it WILL have access to bag, bank, recipe, quest, etc information.

Are you proposing an addon that, like Guild Calendar, sends all its data to the GM and perhaps officers to allow them to upload it instead of the individual guild member? That could be pretty cool, but the data volume could be high and you'd have to worry about chat channel bandwidth.
ScratchMonkey
WR.net Expert
WR.net Expert

Postby kezmoo » Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:02 pm

To be honest, I doubt this will hit Roster at all reall... I think it's more likely to damage other sites like the census on WarcraftRealms...
kezmoo
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Kristoff22 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:12 am

ScratchMonkey wrote:
Kristoff22 wrote:My next project, RosterSync, will focus on getting all in-game updates sent to a guild update manager. It will build off of CharacterProfiler, so it WILL have access to bag, bank, recipe, quest, etc information.

Are you proposing an addon that, like Guild Calendar, sends all its data to the GM and perhaps officers to allow them to upload it instead of the individual guild member? That could be pretty cool, but the data volume could be high and you'd have to worry about chat channel bandwidth.

Yes, you got it. It's all conceptual right now, but I'm determined to find a way. Well, WILL be determined at least :)
Kristoff22
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

Postby Shadowsong » Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:59 am

sorry but armory isn't nearly as good as wowroster.
WoWRoster allows you to:
Customize the Rosterstyle (The Armory is just overpictured and extremly slow)
Get Addons for the Roster
Control Update (the armory is a joke... just to slow)
not nearly as buggy as armory :D

I agree with kezmoo's post to 100%
Shadowsong
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby zanix » Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:58 am

kezmoo wrote:To be honest, I doubt this will hit Roster at all reall... I think it's more likely to damage other sites like the census on WarcraftRealms...

We will try to incorporate the Armory data in one shape or form in R2
Either by loading the guild list with just one click or add in some character data
We are not exactly sure how this will be implemented but this will be on our minds while designing R2
Read the Forum Rules, the WiKi, and Search before posting!
WoWRoster v2.1 - SigGen v0.3.3.523 - WoWRosterDF
zanix
Admin
Admin
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Realm: Doomhammer (PvE) - US

Postby Mavtoo » Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:17 pm

Some of my Guildmates found an interesting Site wich uses the Armory Data:

Guild Armory Tools

So when i look at this Site it must be possible to programm the Roster site tha it collects the Data from Armory and if somebody uploads his own Data it overwrite the Armory Data or something like that.
With this feature you can see really everybody in the Rosterpage with some small basic informations. The people who update their roster Data you can see more Data like reciepes etc.
Mavtoo
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat